Made an account here because the main forums are blocked at my school???

Description: Casual SMBX discussion.
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Taycamgame01
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Taycamgame01
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Taycamgame01 » 25 Nov 2019, 15:13

For some reason, the main SMBX forums are blocked by my school's wifi / proxy / whatever it is. It classes it as either "Forums" or "Games", which, to be fair, is completely true. However, for some reason I can access the PGE forums even though this is also a forum...
Why would my school wifi block the main SMBX forums but allow me to use the PGE one? Is there potentially something wrong with one of the sites? Is it possible that the main SMBX forums could be altered in such a way so they are categorised in the same way the PGE forums are (and as such, it gets through the site blockers)? :facepalm:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 26 Nov 2019, 19:18

Because of these damned filter proxies in schools and university, I using a hacking trick to escape them. For example, I have set up R-Admin server on 995 port (which is intended to work with SSL-POP3) as one of ports are open. I have connected to my home server and worked on it out of these proxies. :biggrin:
Another thing: I have set up own HTTP proxy and I have used it directly, which was also worked :biggrin:
You may find some public proxies to use them to escape school's filter.

At the same time, PGE Forum has lower power than most of site content which is intended to document Moondust and related things, and provide all content for it.

Return to “General”