Total voters: 6
6824 M
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
6824 M
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by 6824 » 4 Mar 2019, 18:10

So, you may see these 1.4 vs 2.0 topics every where, however, i am here to explain. "2.0 is low on NPCs"
Is often said, by these who dont understand.
SMBX2 was stuck in a heavy developments hell/limbo, often making user think it is dead. Thankfully the Beta 4 version will finally come the year, and will have more NPC and feature than 1.4.4. "But why were these features not in the earlier versions, nobody asked for characters!" NPCs slots were limited, and characters were easier to add. But now, they can add almost infinite slots. The reason of the dev hell was due to the developer issues, 38A doesnt run into.

While the future 2.0 versions will have more contens than 1.4.4 There will be some cons like:

No backward compatiblility with older LunaLua version levels.

Bugs in some new contents.

Alucard
Our friend
Our friend
Alucard
Our friend
Our friend

Post #2by Alucard » 12 Mar 2019, 16:29

5438A38A
Three words: Customizable Auto Tiling.

Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #3by Hoeloe » 16 Mar 2019, 19:43

6824 wrote:No backward compatiblility with older LunaLua version levels.

Bugs in some new contents.

Any engine will have some bugs in new content. It's not like 38A's engine doesn't either. However, we put a lot of effort in testing new SMBX2 features to make sure that there are as few bugs as possible.

Also it's completely false to suggest that SMBX2 won't have backwards compatibility with older versions. It has better compatibility with 1.3 than 38A's engine does, and we take great effort to make sure compatibility with older LunaLua versions is maintained.

SMBX2 wasn't in "development hell" due to "developer issues", there was just a lot of work to do, some of which could only be done by specific people, and not all developers can devote a lot of time to development. To suggest 38A hasn't had his own share of development issues is disingenuous, as there have been a LOT of issues with 38A's development style and structure (not least of which that he refuses to take any suggestions, or work with anyone else, despite offers of collaboration being made, and throwing temper tantrums whenever anyone suggests he might not be doing the best possible job).

I merely say this to clear up all of the misconceptions you seem to have in your original post. There is and never has been a "competition" between 38A and SMBX2. No-one is forcing you to use one or the other, so just use whichever you'd prefer. It does seem that development on 38As engine has completely stopped though, so do with that information what you will. This thread seems to exist solely to "stir the pot" as it were, trying to generate antagonism where there is none.

6824 M
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
6824 M
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #4by 6824 » 18 Mar 2019, 18:25

Hoeloe wrote:There has never been war 38A vs SMBX2
I am not telling you are trying to beat the engine, also the bugs in previous contents are increased compared to 1.3, including the broken 2 player.

Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #5by Hoeloe » 19 Mar 2019, 18:56

6824 wrote:the bugs in previous contents are increased compared to 1.3, including the broken 2 player.

False. There are fewer bugs in beta 3 (a lot of time was spent fixing crashes and errors in 1.3), and new bugs are almost entirely in new content (there is, I believe, exactly one minor additional bug in 1.3 content, but it is fixed in Beta 4). 2 player mode is NOT broken, but the new characters added in SMBX2 don't yet work properly with it. You can still play 2 player mode with the original 5 characters in exactly the same way you could in 1.3.

I would suggest getting better information, as you seem to have some huge misconceptions about what SMBX2 is and how it works.

6824 M
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
6824 M
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

The Truth of Lying 38A vs X2 comparisons

Post #6by 6824 » 19 Mar 2019, 23:31

Ah, so they dont have the bug with only the 5 OG chars.
Also, i said that SMBX2 is not comoatible with the older SMBX2 versions and sometimes 1.3.0.2, not 1.3.

Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #7by Hoeloe » 20 Mar 2019, 18:30

6824 wrote:Also, i said that SMBX2 is not comoatible with the older SMBX2 versions and sometimes 1.3.0.2, not 1.3.

Also false. Anything made in older SMBX2 versions will remain compatible, same for 1.3. 1.3.0.2 isn't really a version, since it has a ton of variety in what it actually means, which makes it hard to say exactly how compatible things will be (this is actually why we consolidated things into SMBX2, rather than having to constantly try to work out what specific version of LunaLua everyone was running). Things made using it before SMBX2 was released, however, should absolutely be compatible.

Again, I'm not sure where you're getting your information, but might I suggest joining the Codehaus Discord channel? SMBX2 development is completely publicly visible there, and you can ask questions directly from the developers, rather than making guesses.

Return to “General”