SMA4: World-e Remake for SMBX (19/38)

Description: SMBX projects that are currently WIP belong here.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Inky M
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Inky M
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #1by Inky » 2 Dec 2015, 23:01

Hello and welcome to my project thread! :)

Here I'm going to post a project I'm working on with my friend. We aim to recreate World e from Super Mario Advance 4 as precisely as possible - to the point of timers, custom NPCs, custom huds, Starman and other interesting stuff.
We're adding our own tweaks to the levels as well.

Look at the screenshots below if you're interested in this:
Spoiler
First we have 5 remakes of stages from Super Mario Bros. (they were in the original World e as well):

And here are the levels that were exclusive only to World e:

---Project Information---

This project doesn't consist only of the levels. There are also small minigames (will be 4 in total) like in the original World e, but they don't use a timer. They will be available once you'll collect certain amount of Stars, but more on that later.

The goal cards in this project are also working just like in the original game - getting three Mushroom cards will result in two 1-ups, getting three Flower cards will result in three 1-ups, and getting three Star cards will result in five 1-ups.
Receiving three cards of any type will result the player receiving a single 1-up.

All of this is done thanks to XerX's SMB3 LunaLua API, without which all this wouldn't be possible!! ;-)

---Other Information--

This project uses Stars to progress. You get them by collecting Ace Coins, which are located in every single level.
These Stars can be used in order to access and play minigames, and something else...

Also this project uses both hub and a world map. In the hub you have access to all the levels available in this game; in the world map - minigames and that big white castle, and something else... World map also uses custom music.
We've been thinking about making it so you will be able to select levels from the world map, instead of going to the hub (like in the original World e) but, I think, that will require a lot of Lua coding, so Idk if we'll ever do that.

Currently only 18 levels are done (not counting the minigames and the hub), also we haven't implemented the E-coins in the game, but we may do that if we'll ever stop being lazy and learn some Lua...

To play this game, you will need to have LunaLua installed on your PC.

---Credits---

Big thanks to:
    Valtteri, h2643, Sednaiur for making graphics for this episode;
    h2643 for designing some of the levels;
    XerX, Axiom (Luigifan2010), h2643 for LunaLua coding.

So yeah, I think I've got nothing more to say about this.
Soooo, what do you think about this work we've done? Suggestions and any questions are also very welcome!
Sorry if I have some grammar mistakes, I'm spanish

My YouTube channel!

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website Youtube channel URL

Post #2by Lx Xzit » 5 Dec 2015, 1:58

Spanish:
Debo decir que esto se ve muy bien! Los niveles se ven interesantes y muy fieles a SMA4 por supuesto, pero siendo más interesantes y menos limitados que SMA4. Me pregunto como te las arreglaste para hacer la plataforma amarilla (La que aparece en el nivel del castillo) para que funcione correctamente, ¿son salidas instantáneas? buen trabajo! me encantaría jugar esto una vez terminado!

English:
I must say this looks good! The levels looks interesting and very faithfuls to SMA4 of course, but being more interesting than the original game. I wonder how did you make the yellow platform (The one that appears in the castle level) for it works correctly as it should. Are they instant exits? Good luck, I'm looking forward to play this once this get finished!

h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
YouTube

Post #3by h2643 » 5 Dec 2015, 14:44

DarkMecha wrote:I wonder how did you make the yellow platform (The one that appears in the castle level) for it works correctly as it should. Are they instant exits?
That yellow platform thing works just like in the original SMA4 - it opens if you're close to its opening side and it closes if you're at the other side of it. And thank you for the feedback!
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Inky M
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen
Inky M
Topic author, Citizen
Citizen

Post #4by Inky » 7 Dec 2015, 1:30

DarkMecha wrote:Spanish:
Debo decir que esto se ve muy bien! Los niveles se ven interesantes y muy fieles a SMA4 por supuesto, pero siendo más interesantes y menos limitados que SMA4. Me pregunto como te las arreglaste para hacer la plataforma amarilla (La que aparece en el nivel del castillo) para que funcione correctamente, ¿son salidas instantáneas? buen trabajo! me encantaría jugar esto una vez terminado!

English:
I must say this looks good! The levels looks interesting and very faithfuls to SMA4 of course, but being more interesting than the original game. I wonder how did you make the yellow platform (The one that appears in the castle level) for it works correctly as it should. Are they instant exits? Good luck, I'm looking forward to play this once this get finished!
Spanish: Qué bien, no sabía que hablases español. Bueno, justo como h2643 ha dicho, creo que utiliza un generador de hachas invisibles, que cuando las tocas, se abre, y en el otro lado aparece otro generador, que al tocarlas, se cierra.

English: Good, I didn't know you talk Spanish. Well, just as h2643 said, I think it uses an invisible axes generator that when you touch it, it opens, and on the other side another generator appears, that when they're touched, it closes.
Sorry if I have some grammar mistakes, I'm spanish

My YouTube channel!

Return to “Projects”