TGCA REMAKE!

Description: SMBX projects that are currently WIP belong here.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

castlewars
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
castlewars
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by castlewars » 2 Aug 2014, 22:05

Before you question this for copyright and stealing off krazykoopa, he gave me permission to do this.

So yeah, got totally bored, and this idea flew into my head after I played through one of my favourite episodes, TGCA, again for the first time in 4 years (and that's not a Frozen reference). Since I now have nothing to do at the moment, I have taken it into my hands to remake this classic episode. It is still going to remain true to the original TGCA and it's going to incorporate all the same levels from that, and the same plotline involving collecting stars but it will incorporate all the new elements that didn't exist back in 1.1.2, such as custom graphics, different player characters and modified NPCs using NPC codes. All the levels will retain their themes from the original episode but will be different to accommodate the new features. More stars and levels will be added as well, and some levels will be revamped completely, such as the hub.

Screenshots
Spoiler
The pipe in Bowser's tower which is present when the player collects all the stars is still present, but when the player collects all the stars, they will unlock the original TGCA instead of a mere reward room. Each aspect of this version will remain exactly the same as the original, save from a few bug fixes in some of the levels. This is to allow older SMBX players who owned 1.1.2 to relive the nostalgia, and for newer players, it will serve as a post-game adventure as well.

Also, be sure to check out the official IRC channel for the project: #tgcaremake!

Return to “Projects”