Mario & the 7 Orbs (DEMO 2.0)

Description: SMBX projects that are currently WIP belong here.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count
Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #1by Sambo » 28 Jun 2014, 3:12

Demo 2.0!!!
That's right, folks. It's finally ready! In order to play this demo, you must have LunaLua 0.7.0.1 or greater installed. In addition, you need the Encrypt, Bitwise and Multipoints libraries (I'm pretty sure these are all included in the download for LunaLua, but if you get an error, make sure you have these).

Changes in this version (from 1.0):
-2 Player mode is now fully supported, with a custom HUD that changes in this mode and double the powerups to collect! (Due to limitations within LunaLua, the numbers of coins, lives, etc. can't be shown on player 2's screen.)
-The central part of the game, Mushroom Fields, is now completely playable.
-Shops have been added, with three powerups to buy and more to unlock by collecting Dragon Coins.

If you find any bugs in this version, let me know, and I will do my best to kill them.

There are too many levels for me to make on my own if this project is to be completed in a reasonable amount of time, so I need some level designers to help me out.
Want to Be a Level Designer?
Spoiler
There are a few guidelines, but bear with me. It's fairly simple.
In order for the levels to work with my episode, you need to use the provided level design kit. It contains the global graphics for the episode as well as "lunaworld.lua". It also contains a folder called "_Base Level". You need to use the level contained in there as a start for your level, with the included "lunadll.lua" file, as it contains events that must be in the level for it to work with lunaLUA. The levels you submit need to be underground, forest, or sky themed, with one exit. They also need to have 5 Dragon coins in them. Please use the ones included in the base level in section 21, with the gray ones under them. These trigger events that are important for my HUD to function. (This might be a pain to do in the SMBX editor, so I would recommend that you use Wohlstand's PGE editor.) You can also hide up to 2 stars in the level, but you don't have to.

When you are done building a level, PM it to me. Please only send the level with its custom folder and music. If it is well-made and follows the guidelines, I will add it to the episode. If not, I'll give you some pointers for how to improve your level.
Download Level Design Kit
NOTE: You need to get lunaLUA version 7.0.1 or higher if you want to do this.

This is an episode that I've been working on for a while. It will feature 7 different worlds that you can choose to complete an any order, with an orb at the end of each world. Once you collect them all, you can use them to enter the last world and defeat Bowser.
This project is currently being created with Wohlstand's PGE editor.

Spoiler
The poison waterfall might look cut-off, but you can't see it in-game.

Spoiler
Userbar:
Spoiler
Just put this code in your signature to add userbar:

Code: Select all

[url=http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3402][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37052080/33564.png[/img][/url]
(Demo 2.0 Full download)

Sorry. No patches are available for this demo due to the fact that it's really hard to keep track of every change I make.

Return to “Projects”