LunaLua not working with tutorial / lunalua.dll file not detected

Description: Archive discussion
============================
Original description:
Official subforum for LunaLua - an extension framework for SMBX Engine Version 1.3 (which a core of SMBX 2.0). Share your creations that require the use of LunaLUA. You may also share info/tutorials on how to use LunaLUA.

Greensbr
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Greensbr
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Greensbr » 27 Feb 2016, 12:30

So I got LunaLua working and everything, and I am following this learning tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E69ti1QCdsk

But now I am having trouble at the 6:00 mark where she is putting in this code:

local myCounter =0;

function onLoop()
myCounter = myCounter + 1;

Text.print(myCounter,0,0)
end

When I follow the tutorial, and run the game, I cant see the counter in the upper left corner. I am wondering if this has something to do with the lunalua.dll file not being detected?

I am running Windows Vista x64 Bit, Visual C++ 2015 x86, and Notepad ++.

What could I be doing wrong?

h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
YouTube

Post #2by h2643 » 27 Feb 2016, 13:12

LunaLua's codes don't work with LunaDLL. Rename your file to lunadll.lua and try again! Remember: lunadll.txt - for LunaDLL, lunadll.lua - for LunaLua.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Greensbr
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Greensbr
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #3by Greensbr » 27 Feb 2016, 13:58

h2643 wrote:LunaLua's codes don't work with LunaDLL. Rename your file to lunadll.lua and try again! Remember: lunadll.txt - for LunaDLL, lunadll.lua - for LunaLua.

Thanks for replying.

Actually it is named lunadll.lua, and it still isnt working. I've also tried the code from the LunaLua tutorial here: http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/How_To:_LunaLua_basics#Setting_Everything_Up

I'm talking about this code:

myVar = 0

function onLoop()
MyFunction()
Text.print(tostring(myVar), 0, 0)
end

function MyFunction()
myVar = myVar + 1
end

This code doesn't work either. Something, I think, appears to prevent my SMBX from detecting my lunalua.dll, but the lunalua.dll file is in the same folder as with the level.

Added after 19 hours 3 minutes:

Added after 24 seconds:
SOLVED IT

1) I had to put the lunalua.lua file into a folder ONE LEVEL down from the .lvl file, which has the SAME NAME as the lvl file.

2) I also wasn't using LunaLoader.exe, I was using SMBX.exe.... It doesn't work with SMBX.exe, but it works with LunaLoader.exe. Hopefully this means it should work with SMBX games? O.o

Return to “LunaLua - Extension Framework”