GIF animations?

Description: Archive discussion
============================
Original description:
Official subforum for LunaLua - an extension framework for SMBX Engine Version 1.3 (which a core of SMBX 2.0). Share your creations that require the use of LunaLUA. You may also share info/tutorials on how to use LunaLUA.

h2643 M
Topic author, Forum admin
Forum admin
h2643 M
Forum admin
YouTube

Post #1by h2643 » 29 Dec 2015, 16:29

I know that people are able to create GIF animations with LunaLua by pressing F11. So today I did that, but for some reason the file that appeared in "gif-recordings" folder used "ficache" format instead of "gif" or something. I also can't upload the file on any image uploading web-site, even when I changed the extension to gif, as its sizes are way too huge! (63 MBs for recording only for like 10 seconds?!! come on!)

So yeah, if someone knows the solution to this then please tell me. I saw other people share their GIFs somehow, so I'm just probably missing something or just being stupid lol.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer
Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer
Website

Post #2by Kevsoft » 31 Dec 2015, 11:13

You have to press F11 twice. Once you want to start recording and the when you want to end it. But don't record for too long, or else SMBX might crash. I know that filesizes might get huge. This is how GIFs work. I might add better configuration (like how many frames should be collected, or how many colors should be included)
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.start() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.end() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

h2643 M
Forum admin
h2643 M
Forum admin
YouTube

Post #3by h2643 » 31 Dec 2015, 14:25

I did press it twice. This is not a problem, the problem is that I can't view the result of my recording and I can't upload it anywhere as it uses ficache format for some reason. I need a solution for that.

EDIT: this recorder just refuses to work. If I record over 5 seconds, my SMBX feezes and closes itself, and so I can't see the animation results. Someone suggested me to use screen2gif instead of this and apperantly this program works really well. I guess I'll stick with it :)

Sorry for the trouble I caused (if any).
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Return to “LunaLua - Extension Framework”