SMBX is trying to load SFX in .mp3 format

Description: Archive discussion
============================
Original description:
Official subforum for LunaLua - an extension framework for SMBX Engine Version 1.3 (which a core of SMBX 2.0). Share your creations that require the use of LunaLUA. You may also share info/tutorials on how to use LunaLUA.

Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count
Sambo M
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #1by Sambo » 20 Dec 2016, 4:32

I just got LunaLua 0.7.3.1 and now SMBX is trying to load its sound files in .mp3 format. They should still be loading in .ogg format, right?

Also, an error message about sounds not loading is always displayed if you run the editor with sound disabled.
Current Project:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 20 Dec 2016, 6:16

MP3 sounds are very outdated. OGG sound pack I made is based on my own rip which I made with focusing on high quality. Therefore the result is pure and accurate. Old MP3 sounds are crap because stolen from YouTube or recorded incorrectly, and because specifics of MP3 format itself which damages the quality of the sound. Since the ability to play MP3 sounds has being fixed, I used it to keeping compatibility with vanilla sound packs, use MP3 packs by default. Full packs of LunaLua are already contained all necessary OGG packs with music and sounds INI files, so, I think, you can take it instead of "update-only".

Return to “LunaLua - Extension Framework”