Very important Grammar/spelling changes

Description: Share anything in relation to wohlsoft.ru. Suggestions, problems, questions, etc.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

lighthouse64 M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
lighthouse64 M
Topic author, Duke
Duke

Post #1by lighthouse64 » 18 Sep 2015, 23:13

So I know, your first language is not english. I will go searching around looking for grammar/ spelling issues here (on major posts) or widespread things.

Ok so here's one thing that I can remember.
:cray: :cray : (without the space) Shouldn't it be cry?

PLZ tell me if this is just an annoying, obnoxious post. If it is I will delete it right away.
Player of hedgewars!!! :)
And hi... it's me from smbx
Currently bug testing for Mac :apple: And Windows :windows:

Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer
Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer
Website

Post #2by Kevsoft » 19 Sep 2015, 12:17

Actually you're right: :cry: :cry :

Should be fixed now.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.start() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.end() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

lighthouse64 M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
lighthouse64 M
Topic author, Duke
Duke

Post #3by lighthouse64 » 22 Sep 2015, 23:19

Here's another thing. It's in the changelog of the engine development 0.2

Exits are works should be exits work.

tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis
tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #4by tb1024 » 24 Sep 2015, 14:31

lighthouse64 wrote:Here's another thing. It's in the changelog of the engine development 0.2

Wohlstand is well-known for having a funny English, unfortunately.
Do you want fries with that?
Mal posso esperar para a versão final da engine de Wolhstand!
English Translation
I can't wait for Wohlstand's Engine final version :D

lighthouse64 M
Topic author, Duke
Duke
lighthouse64 M
Topic author, Duke
Duke

Post #5by lighthouse64 » 25 Sep 2015, 12:40

tb1024 wrote:
lighthouse64 wrote:Here's another thing. It's in the changelog of the engine development 0.2

Wohlstand is well-known for having a funny English, unfortunately.
Yeah, I can understand this, because this is his second language. ;-)

Also, here's something I did before (obviously it was ignored)
Wohlstand wrote:Hi, the editor now supports multiple languages.
You can now help with the translations.

Current translation stuff

List of completed translations (You can use them with your translation if you understand it):
English as default (Wohlstand)
Russian (Wohlstand)
German (Kevsoft)
Spanish (hacheipe399)
Portuguese (Brazilian) (tb1024)

Download most recent TS file from github
Bulgarian
Chinese
Dutch
English
French
German
Indonesian
Italian
Japanese
Polish
Portuguese
Russian
Spanish
Ukrainian

Translations in work Replace with progress (you can join into Replace with a translation, please notice Replace with notify me and I will reserve it for you)
People listed here are currently working with translations. If you have the desire to translate same language too, please, write to exist translator first.
You can continue undone Replace with unfinished work if you will take translation file from one of people which reserved your translation.
If your language is marked as "free", you have all freedom to start your translation from scratch ;-)
Bulgarian (semi-reserved by Mariofan5000, free)
Indonesian (Reserved by pivot40channel)
Italian (ImperatoreXx, Darkonius Mavakar(released) )
Chinese (Reserved by Weslie is happy)
Dutch (Reserved by StraightFlame)
French (free!)
Ukraine (Reserved by h2643)
Polish (Reserved by Sky)
Japanese (free!)

Notes:
* where Replace with the "released" means than Replace with that: this user was Replace with has contributed to this translation but noReplace with and has more work with it.
* All translators which made[color=#FF0000]Replace with finish even part of translation will be added into About Dialog of the editor, if you don't have any worries with doing so, please write your real name and email address, so I can append them.[/color] Or I will credit your nickname only.

Important note: If you no more have time to done[color=#FF0000]Replace with complete your translation or you no more wish do it Replace with: don't feel like working on it anymore, please upload your working version in current draft state to give possible continue this translation by other people. Together we can do everything! :guard:[/color]

If you want to translate in a new language, which is not listed here, you can ask me and I will build template for your language, or you can use the lupdate utility from QtLinguist to build it yourself!
This simply is:
How to create language template by myself
1) Open the pge_editor.pro in notepad

2) find the TRANSLATIONS strings inside them, and please, append this list with a new lang file (For example, if you want to create the Japanese translation):
------------------------------------------------------------------
TRANSLATIONS += languages/editor_en.ts \
languages/editor_ru.ts \
languages/editor_uk.ts \
languages/editor_de.ts \
languages/editor_jp.ts \
languages/editor_es.ts \
languages/editor_fr.ts
------------------------------------------------------------------
And save this file.

3) open the terminal in editor source folder and try this command:

Code: Select all

X:\Path\To\QtLinguistDir\lupdate .\pge_editor.pro

where "X:\Path\To\QtLinguistDir\" - the full path to directory with unpacked QtLinguist (link is located below)

and you will get in Editor/languages dir the "editor_jp.ts" file, which is needed for creating the Japanese translation.
And you can start QtLinguist and type the translation for this language file.

How to make your translation

It is easy:
Step 1
Download latest .TS file which you can get in list above
To start translation first which you need a .ts file which contains working translation data. If your language is not listed, ask me and I will add them.
also:
Download all sources from GitHub: to get able see which part of editor you translating now
Download sources
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PlatGEnWohl
(in bottom-right corner you will found "Download Zip")
and unpack in any folder
or use the "git clone" instead (you should install the GIT in your PC):

Code: Select all

git clone https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PlatGEnWohl.git

Step 2
Download QtLinguist tool
You can get it here: http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Software/QtLinguist_5.4.0_window.zip
(or here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3QNPpAJx9HnOVBfTHM3T2dUWmM&authuser=0)
and unpack them into any directory.
(If you have troubles with running them on your machine, report me, I will fix bug and will update it)

Step 3
Run Qt-linguist and do translation
When youAdd have opened the Qt Linguist application, and Replace with then open .TS file which you got add a comma or open it from sources in the Editor/languages/ folder. I recommend to open multiple files at one: one with any understandable by you language which is currently done now (or English), and your .TS file which you got to create the translation into your language.

P.S. You also can read more about using of Qt Linguist utility here:
https://qt-project.org/doc/qt-5-snapshot/linguist-translators.html

Step 4
Compile translation to test it in the editor now
If you are done with the translation, you can compile your translation in a *.qm file and test it in compiled pge_editor (you need for latest laboratory version which you can get here). Use the lrelease tool to compile your translation, or you can try it online!

Note: Please refresh your translation file with "lupdate" tool which you can run online,to add into your translation new strings which was added while development process is going, which you will need translate too.

Note: Please don't forget about grammar and spelling as this is important. I recommend creating the translation if you are a native-speaker of the target translation language. All speakers must know about the grammar and spelling for the language he/she is trying to translate to. Best translators for a language (IMO) - native-speakers of the language

You can send your translation file into my GitHub repo as a pull request (you need send to me the editor_xx.ts file), or place it here as a attachment in your message/post

Misc. stuff and notes
In developing process can be added new strings, what need Replace with needs to append to translations.
I recommend sometimes check updates in source codes and in your TS files, did be added new strings?
If they added, you will be see yellow question in QtLinguist as "exists undone" translation of strings.

If you can't run lupdate on your PC, you can run them online:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_sources/devel/Editor/lupdate_send.htm
Here you can simply upload your translation, and you will get back your translate (*.ts) file with new strings, which be added in developing process.

Also online service for lrelease to build translate to qm for use them inside application.
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_sources/devel/Editor/lrelease_send.htm

Flag icon you can get from this archive:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/Collected/famfamfam_flag_icons.zip

I can't edit it, which is why I gave all of the things to replace with/ add. ;)

Return to “WohlSoft.ru”