HugoMDM was banned due his strong plagiarism and parasitism

Description: Share anything in relation to wohlsoft.ru. Suggestions, problems, questions, etc.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #1by Wohlstand » 26 May 2018, 17:05

Hello! :fox:

It has recently come to light that a user named HugoMDM is engaging in something we consider highly disrespectful and grievous. HugoMDM has been stealing graphics and concepts from various sources and packaging them as downloads for 38A without permission or credit. This behavior is unacceptable, and has lead to him being banned from this community and others. Plagiarism is not acceptable, and will not be tolerated. We'd just like to remind you all to please respect other people and the effort that they pour into their work and creations! :butcher:

Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Eri7 M
Viscount
Viscount
Youtube channel URL Twitter

Post #2by Eri7 » 26 May 2018, 18:25

Will he be permament banned or does he have a chance to redeem himself?
Join the discord server about Nova Projects.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #3by Wohlstand » 26 May 2018, 19:25

Eri7 wrote:Will he be permament banned or does he have a chance to redeem himself?
I don't think, but potentially when he will nuke "his" crap and will produce the real creativity, and he will agree to always give credits to original works when he taking the remixes. He is allowed to earn money ONLY in a case when he have made unique thing by himself without of taking stuff from others. The plagiarism is bad, but the plagiarism that made for money earning is the parasitism!

Yingchun Soul M
Viscount
Viscount
Yingchun Soul M
Viscount
Viscount
English Pronouns: he / him
Website

Post #4by Yingchun Soul » 27 May 2018, 2:54

umm...... I always giving credit in my all of the works.
迎春心情 (迎春心语 Alt.) in Chinese
Alt. nickname: "Elf of Happy and Love / 快乐爱的小精灵"

Check out my 2D Platform / TheXTech Assets:
Fairy Tale World
Nostalgic Paradise
Third Returns (Hiatus)

迎春花的精灵啊,请赋予我无尽的爱和指引,让每一座城在光明中重生,将大自然的力量和爱的力量集于一身吧!魔法凝结!

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website Youtube channel URL

Post #5by Lx Xzit » 27 May 2018, 21:36

I'm sorry, this may be sound like a rude accusation but does the SMBX 2.0 community not do the same? I'm not here to protect Hugo, I've seen some screenshots of his behaviour and I know he doesn't listen anyone and make unnecesary problems. It's just that little detail caught my attention. SMBX 2.0 has "took" some 38A stuff (even some content I have uploaded) saying they're taking it from Nintendo rather than steal it from SMBX 38A, but when Hugo does the same people run to make accusations of plagarism. What has he done exactly to be called a plagiarist?

Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis
Mushroom King
Marquis
Marquis

Post #6by Mushroom King » 28 May 2018, 0:26

Plagiarism made for money earning?
He was selling stuff made by other people??

Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #7by Hoeloe » 28 May 2018, 17:30

Lx Xzit wrote: SMBX 2.0 has "took" some 38A stuff (even some content I have uploaded) saying they're taking it from Nintendo rather than steal it from SMBX 38A
I'm interested to know what you think has been taken from 38A specifically. Of course there will be some crossover, since both engines are focussing primarily on Mario games. If all Hugo had done was implement things from Nintendo games, no-one would have batted an eye. The fact is he not only used sprites taken from codehaus without credit, but also copied things that were original to SMBX2 (i.e. things that were NOT originally sourced in official Mario games, and were invented specifically for SMBX2), again without permission or credit. On top of that, he also set up a donations page to try and receive financial gains from this. No-one is complaining that Hugo implemented things from official Nintendo games, whether SMBX2 "did it first" or not.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website Youtube channel URL

Post #8by Lx Xzit » 29 May 2018, 17:46

Hoeloe wrote:I'm interested to know what you think has been taken from 38A specifically.
I think I can't argue about it in the way you did. SMBX38A does not have specific NPCs, they are all from Nintendo or Redigit's engine. However, I have seen some people (included developers) saying that they are going to take the 38A's NPCs and exclusive features and implement them in SMBX2, not with the purpose of being a kind of "crossover" or neither being a coincidence, they say they want to do it to make SMBX2 better than SMBX38A. It feels like they're only trying to make us angry. I have seen this behaviour in posts at smbx.org, in Discord channels and even in my YouTube channel. People shouldn't have this behaviour, especially developers (I don't want to mention their names right now, but if it's really needed I will do).

I know what non-developers says are out of your control and it's not the team's fault, I'm pointing the developers in this case.

At this point I can bet that if I upload some NPCs to my YouTube channel they are going to add them in SMBX2 aswell.

Regarding of the other part I didn't quote, thanks for clarifying that, I was not aware of that kind of behaviour by his part. I understand better Hugo's situation now.

Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Hoeloe F
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #9by Hoeloe » 29 May 2018, 19:07

I think there's some misinterpretation going on there.

The only thing I can think you're referring to is the "variant sprite" system, which yes was based on a system in 38A. However, this system has not yet been implemented in any way, and will receive full credit when it is.

There is NOT a competition to make SMBX2 "better" than 38A, the developers simply want to make SMBX2 as good as it can be. People also occasionally lament 38A's stubborn development attitude, which makes development on his engine slow. This is not a competetive thing, and there is certainly not an intent to make 38A users angry. The position of the SMBX2 development team has always been that people can use whatever engine they prefer, and that we'll keep working to make ours as good as it can be. There's no specific goal to make SMBX2 a "better" engine, and anyone on the development team will tell you that both engines at the moment have their strength. 38A, for example, has vastly superior world map functionality.

HugoMDM M
Our friend
Our friend
HugoMDM M
Our friend
Our friend
YouTube Youtube channel URL

Post #10by HugoMDM » 18 Dec 2020, 22:35

Ok, idk how but I didn't saw this post before, I'm actually agree about I was a shit doing that sprites and ideas steal, and again, I'm apologize with all the affected people, I do not remember how many was, I think it was about 4-7 people, but I should defend myself about a lie that idk who started

Mushroom King wrote:Plagiarism made for money earning?
He was selling stuff made by other people??

Yeah, I stole sprites and ideas, but I didn't tried to earn money with the steal content, I'm just made a Paypal for donations and patreon for commissions and early Access to some advanced own content (something came from nintendo or some games)
and never selling the stole content, but about the stole content, I'm just posted it as a showcase on discord or youtube, I don't remember if I gave a download link for someone.
And I remember someone saying "Hugo stole code" on discord, about that I never stole code, you can't just copy and paste code from x2 to 38a, they are not using the same language, x2 uses lua and 38a his own language based on VB6.

I just wanna make u know about what is true and what is a lie.

About why I did that?
Well, I was angry because many things about smbx 38a posted on discord > showcase, was insulted by PixelPest with
destructive criticism (hidden with words like "Janky").and things like "I can do that better than you" (not specifically that).

Now I'm fine and I'm not hate that guy, I am neutral with smbx2 people, basically I'm just telling you about what happened on my POV.

Yeah, I know, I acted immature like a child and I wanna apologize again, but clearing things up because there was lies without clarify.

To finish this I want to thank Lx Xzit and :fox: wohlstand for giving me a second chance, and thank to people who was the "Devil's lawyer" defending me, and sorry to you too, I think I did not deserve those help, but now I'm begin a better person.
I make good scripts for everyone c:
Scripting YT channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChaWgDsfMCqJzeV0bmDs-Mw?view_as=subscriber

Return to “WohlSoft.ru”