Chanceux2
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Chanceux2
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
YouTube

Post #1by Chanceux2 » 15 Jun 2022, 4:50

Super Mario Bros. X, it's a fun game. Fun fangame, and basically all of that. So when I was a idiotic child, I obviously did idiotic stuff such as, sign myself up a random SMBX Forums that I never been in nor did my parents allow me to go on. Then that happened blah blah blah and then I did something stupid and got banned. That was in 2021. It's almost been a year since I've been banned and yes, I've moved on to more important stuff. I can't really publish any level or episode anywhere (this place isn't exactly a SMBX2 place since i prefer to make level and episodes in SMBX2), and I can't get into any contact with any admin since I'm 12, I can't or shouldn't be going on Discord or any Messager app unless my Parents give me permission which of course, they didn't. I'm not gonna lie, Super Mario Bros. X is a fun game and I love it, but if I'm banned from a community of a game that I've been part of since i was 7 and if i tried everything to get unbanned for 10 straight months at this point and I still get no results, why even't try at this point. This is all I'm gonna type, but because I can't make my mind up, I'm probably gonna go coconuts if I ever get unbanned and instantly come back
Doesn't play SMBX that much anymore. Like to be on the forums though

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 15 Jun 2022, 16:51

If you want to post levels for X2, feel free at this forum, there is a section dedicated for such purposes: levels, episodes, projects, scripts, discussions, troubleshooting, etc.

The major problem of these messengers and forums and their age-related damn is because they located in the USA where is the **** (e.g. shitty) COPPA law exists that ruins everything. This forum is located far far away from the USA, and here we don't have such dumb laws (we have other dumb laws here, but they aren't so dumb as COPPA).

The COPPA is applied in conditions when a certain business company desires to collect information about the child, and the company is required to ask the child's parents for permission to collect such information. And because site owners in the USA don't want to deal with the bureaucracy against parents' permission and don't want to receive a huge fine, they forbid registration for any children younger than 13 years old.

Gordon JamCast M
Citizen
Citizen
Gordon JamCast M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #3by Gordon JamCast » 16 Jun 2022, 17:26

I agree, COPPA got worse especially with YouTube, channels would get falsely flagged as being for "kids".
While I do also agree at the same time with the point of COPPA, I feel like kids shouldn't enter the internet without precaution.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #4by Wohlstand » 16 Jun 2022, 17:31

The fact that COPPA law was introduced in 2000 when the Internet was much different, and with ages, it needs to be refactored, because, in its current state, it sucks. It doesn't work properly. It hurts children's rights because of site owners' behaviour.

Gordon JamCast wrote:channels would get falsely flagged as being for "kids".
I saw some Polish videos with the hard NSFW thematic, flagged as "for kids" (I had reported it).

Gordon JamCast M
Citizen
Citizen
Gordon JamCast M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #5by Gordon JamCast » 16 Jun 2022, 17:37

Yeah kids would just age fraud

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #6by Wohlstand » 16 Jun 2022, 17:41

BTW, if speak about dumb laws, at me here you may find various talks about the "Register social networks and messengers using passport data" and related bullshit. There was such a law project initiative discussed (it was strongly criticised by people), however, it was fully rejected as redundant.

Gordon JamCast M
Citizen
Citizen
Gordon JamCast M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #7by Gordon JamCast » 16 Jun 2022, 17:44

why would you even use passport info as your personal info

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #8by Wohlstand » 16 Jun 2022, 17:51

Gordon JamCast wrote:why would you even use passport info as your personal info
That is only needed at banks, payment services, and government services only, and is absolutely unneeded for messengers and social networks.

Also, a passport is needed to buy a SIM card (each phone number is registered to a specific person or company), and install the wired Internet communication at home (you will have to fill the service contract form with the Internet Provider company after the necessary hardware has been installed, etc.). Also, passport data were used in various contracts between people and companies. But again, no messengers, social networks, and public web services require passport data.

Chanceux2
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
Chanceux2
Topic author, Our friend
Our friend
YouTube

Post #9by Chanceux2 » 25 Jun 2022, 17:25

Gordon JamCast wrote:I agree, COPPA got worse especially with YouTube, channels would get falsely flagged as being for "kids".
While I do also agree at the same time with the point of COPPA, I feel like kids shouldn't enter the internet without precaution.

well us kids of course, secretly go on the internet and sign up for stuff that we aren't even supposed to be on, AND our parents doesn't know that we signed up to the thing we signed up for, making us kids see naughty images most of the time.
Doesn't play SMBX that much anymore. Like to be on the forums though

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #10by Wohlstand » 27 Jun 2022, 3:31

Speaking about precautions, there is a ton of various solutions, and some of them used by some people at my place:
  • So-called "Parental control" crap embedded into antiviruses or separately-installed stuff, which blocks the stuff by blacklists, or something.
  • Hand-made browsers (or extensions on them) that have whitelists of sites which are trusted (everything but whitelisted, users won't access).
  • etc.

Return to “Sandbox”