[character] Upelyssýnka (Rus. Апелиси́нка) - an orange-like fox

Description: Create character & NPC sprites, write your stories for game(s).
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #1by Wohlstand » 19 Dec 2015, 0:54

Upelyssýnka (Rus. Апелиси́нка) - (or Oranfoxe, or please help me transliterate this funny title into English to send joke rightly. In Russian it's a very funny title, but joke is not understandable in English), fusion of orange (Апельсин, Апельсинка) fruit and fox (Лиса, Лисица, Лисичка). This is a small funny art by Kivuli:

Here I was got a small idea about playable character and even a game!

Upelyssynka - an orange-like fox, she is small. Like real orange. She living in a grass with others. Upelyssynkas appeared because some magician student accidentally was vivifed. (just small version why those funny foxes appeared to universe).

Skills and gameplay ideas:
- She will have two states - "big ball" and "thin"
- In "big ball" state she is heavy: she can't run and accelerate quick, she can't jump high, but she can stomp enemies with her weight. Also she has a weapon with one shoot - big ball which can kill everybody on it's path and can destroy walls and even break floor. BUT, after shoot, she transforming into "thin".
- In "thin" state, she is light: she can run and accelerate quick, she can jump very high (and even fly on a wind!), but she can't stomp enemies and she is very vulnerable to attacks of the foes.
Those things are can be used as solutions to pass obstacles with specific state: only while she is thing she can jump to necessary height, and she can't be upped with a working fan while she is "big ball".

That just a sketch, but it would be funny whet it will be a playable game :)

Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator

Post #2by Squishy Rex » 10 Jan 2016, 8:43

I love the character in general, it looks so damn cute. As for her two forms, they have been done before in games, a few of which I've played, and it does create an environment where you have to act much more cautiously and think about what you are doing, basically like a puzzle game. Essentially while sacrificing some mechanics while taking on one of her forms, the game rewards you for this by allowing you to do things that before weren't possible in the other form.

With the "ball form" you could probably take this a lot further later on in the game. It has quite a lo of potential. Being a "ball form" you could even use that form to make levels that are similar to Super Monkey Ball or one of those Kirby games where he can only roll, instead of jumping etc.

It's definitely a more original idea as opposed to traditional platformers, so I could see this idea become a really interesting game.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

Return to “Characters & Stories”