[Story] Anthony and co.

Description: Create character & NPC sprites, write your stories for game(s).
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Anthony and co.

Post #1by Wohlstand » 20 Feb 2014, 20:08

For a start I offer my idea:

Characters:
Instead of Mario:
Anthony, the young electronics engineer from Great Britain.

Instead of Luigi:
Stewart, Antony's colleague, professor of chemistry. Often uses the liquid nitrogen.

Instead of Peach:
Susan, the Antony's girlfriend, with whom he got acquainted at the beginning of a plot.

Instead of Toad:
José, the friend Antony, thickish and low, but very quickly runs. He is fond of frisbee plates.

Instead of the Link:
Yudziro, ninja. He arrived to Great Britain from Japan. He helps our team.

Principal antagonist:
Loridron, Monster from another dimension, conquered the nice Likvi world, having set there dictatorship. He is artful, clever, inventive.

Small entrance:
Anthony leads the normal life, works as the engineer of electronics, develops different useful devices. But everything in his life changes when he meets it: Susan. Later time after acquaintance Anthony and Susan have mutual feelings. They together walk on foggy streets of London, cheerfully spend time in park...
But once, in scientific center where Anthony works, there is an explosion: it explode of control panel of a teleport under construction which is developed at center 10 years. His colleague, Stewart resorts to Anthony in horror: panel explosion because of a cup of coffee which was spilled by the cleaner, to start invasion in our world different beings from another dimension began, they quickly extended across all London. Both of them are deafened by the huge monster who left the building, having taken away with itself a portal.
When heroes regained consciousness, about them there was a small amusing being who greeted them. It is Likvi, monsters intruded in their world led by Loridron, that monster who deafened Anthony and Stewart. Now heroes need to pass through London and to find Loridron. José whom they found in a garbage tank joins heroes: it was thrust there by monsters. Later they rescue ninja of which monsters connected and wanted to eat. It is Yudziro, the guest from Japan, too joins a command. Meanwhile, Susan who has got to epicenter of events, didn't allow to monsters to catch her: she is engaged in extreme sports much, and it helped her. It began searches of Anthony who finds together with a command, and they together go further, having found in the subway underground Loridron, but he went to a portal. Heroes went to another dimension behind it.

Russian translate:
Spoiler
Энтони живёт своей обычной жизнью, работает инженером электроники, разрабатывает различные полезные устройства. Но всё в его жизни меняется, когда он встречает её: Сьюзен. Спустя время после знакомства у Энтони и Сьюзен возникают взаимные чувства. Они вместе прогуливаются по туманным улицам Лондона, весело проводят время в парке...
Но однажды, в научном центре, где работает Энтони, происходит взрыв: взорвался пульт управления строящегося телепорта, который разрабатывается в центре уже 10 лет. К Энтони в ужасе прибегает его колега, Стюарт: взрыв пульта из-за чашки кофе, которую пролил уборщик на пульт, в наш мир началось вторжение различных существа из другого измерения, они быстро распространились по всему Лондону. Их обоих оглушает огромный монстр, который покинул здание, забрав с собой портал.
Когда герои очнулись, около них оказалось небольшое забавное существо, которое поприветствовало их. Это Ликви, в их мир вторглись монстры во главе с Лоридроном, тем самым монстром, который оглушил Энтони и Стюарта. Теперь героям необходимо пройти через Лондон и найти Лоридрона. К героям присоединяется Хосе, которого они нашли в мусорном баке: его туда засунули монстры. Позже они спасают ninja, которого монстры связали и хотели съесть. Это Yudziro, гость из Японии, тоже присоединяется к команде. Тем временем, Сьюзен, попавшая в эпицентр событий, не дала монстрам поймать её: она очень много занимается экстримальными видами спорта, и это ей помогло. Она начала поиски Энтони, которого находит вместе с командой, и они вместе идут дальше, найдя в метро под землёй Лоридрона, но он ушёл в портал. Герои пошли в другое измерение за ним.

StraightFlame M
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
StraightFlame M
Honourable citizen

Post #2by StraightFlame » 20 Feb 2014, 20:11

Is this the thread where you submit ideas? If so, here's mine:

If you have no ideas for character designs yet, how about making them look like NPCs from Terraria, as a homage to Redigit?

For example, Anthony can look like the Guide and Stewart can look like the Merchant, because those are the most iconic NPCs there are. Susan and José could look like the Party Girl and the Dye Trader, respectively, because those look good.

There are no ninja NPCs, though, so we still need to come up with a design for Yudziro. Maybe a generic ninja character will be enough.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #3by Wohlstand » 20 Feb 2014, 20:31

StraightFlame wrote:If you have no ideas for character designs yet, how about making them look like NPCs from Terraria, as a homage to Redigit?
To characters the idea is, and even ideas on Tanooki and Racoon changeover, but using the same algorithm. Use of sprites from Terraria too will be violation of copyright of Redigit. Especially, to write it opportunities isn't present.
I will draw approximate images of characters later, and we will draw then sprites. If who draws quicker, too it will be good :wink:

StraightFlame wrote:There are no ninja NPCs, though, so we still need to come up with a design for Yudziro. Maybe a generic ninja character will be enough.
Ninja will be created on the basis of Link sprite, especially, an image of Ninja more simply therefore drawing will be faster.

StraightFlame wrote:For example, Anthony can look like the Guide and Stewart can look like the Merchant, because those are the most iconic NPCs there are. Susan and José could look like the Party Girl and the Dye Trader, respectively, because those look good.
It is possible to imitate by the way, but to draw from scratch, after all our purpose - to create the instead of to snatch at others

Added after 5 minutes 2 seconds:
P.S. I have on mind a plot where all five characters will be used

Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount
Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #4by Veudekato » 21 Feb 2014, 11:56

okay. i can creat now smbx episode without music and graphics of mario. and you cut this on engine?
Please tell me theme.tiles . essence of level. i try make simple some sprites and levels
My channel (PlatGEnWohl news and tutorials , smbx tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #5by Wohlstand » 21 Feb 2014, 12:45

Veudekato wrote:i can creat now smbx episode without music and graphics of mario. and you cut this on engine?
Yes :handgood:

Veudekato wrote:Please tell me theme.tiles . essence of level. i try make simple some sprites and levels
What do you mean?

You can edit standard, having created on their basis new, but understanding assignment of each of them. For example:
Tanoki turns into a monument as changeover, I have the following idea for replace:
The character becomes the hologram. Instead of a tail punch, the karate kick, and ability of flight is caused at the expense of a raincoat.

Added after 1 hour 49 minutes:
P.P> I update post: add "Small entrance"

Added after 8 hours 59 minutes:
The small sketch drawn in Inkscape:
View SVG (vector picture)

Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount
Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #6by Veudekato » 22 Feb 2014, 11:42

edited....:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #7by Wohlstand » 22 Feb 2014, 13:02

Veudekato, :biggrin:
Ridiculously it turned out)
Only don't forget - he is an engineer.
Though, maybe, your variant will be as standard, and mine - armed with fire or ice.

Added after 1 hour 29 minutes:
Small additive:

Added after 1 hour 4 minutes:
P.S.>
I created the section specially for characters. It is possible to spread the offers on an occasion of enemies and the main characters. And as maked sprites which can be included in engine distribute.

Section: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=19
My topic about Anthony: http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=25

Added after 5 minutes 22 seconds:
P.P.S. > You can use vector graphcs for make sketchs: http://www.inkscape.org/ Inkscape is libre.

StraightFlame M
Honourable citizen
StraightFlame M
Honourable citizen

Post #8by StraightFlame » 6 Apr 2014, 1:38

This image is not photoshopped.

Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount
Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #9by Veudekato » 6 Apr 2014, 10:20

StraightFlame wrote:image
i too see this. glitch

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #10by Wohlstand » 6 Apr 2014, 11:02

StraightFlame wrote:This image is not photoshopped.
This is bug, appeared after I crop some topic and move messages to here. Because difference of dates, glitsh will be appeared.
I.e. Your message in this topic is oldest :biggrin:

Return to “Characters & Stories”