Timber Side Hills

Description: Place for SMBX levels. You can also post them here.
Forum rules: Posting single levels here. Here are levels designed for engines directly based on the old engine: Vanilla SMBX, LunaLUA-SMBX and SMBX 2.0. Please add a tag with engine name and version (for example, "[SMBX 1.3]", "[LunaLUA]", "[SMBX-38A]", etc.) into begin of the topic title.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Squishy Rex M
Topic author, Contributor
Contributor
Squishy Rex M
Contributor

Post #1by Squishy Rex » 19 Nov 2014, 15:20

I have a new level for you guys, well, actually it's about a year old, but anyway. Timber Side was an early development level for Utopia. After a few changes it was scrapped (but kept with all of my own levels). Not-so-long ago I decided to use Timber Side Hills once more in Utopia. Though, I would like your thoughts on the level itself. It contains a Music Box for you to collect, once you find the way that gets you into the area with it of course. This level also includes an underground music track not used in SMBX before. It also debuts the Tail Chomp in Utopia, which unfortunately will succumb to a spin-jump.

There are also a few items which I don't want to be used by anyone else at the moment. These include the Super Mushroom, Checkpoint Mushroom and the Goal Cards. I specifically made those for Utopia only. Like Sednaiur's project, once Utopia is done and dusted feel free to use them as you wish.

Also, if there is a chance, I would like to see how this level fairs in a review if anyone can spare the time. :)

Screenshot:
Spoiler

Download:
Spoiler
http://www.mediafire.com/download/p4if5gnn2oao71l/Timber_Side_Hills.zip

Have fun and don't forget to grab that Music Box!
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis
tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #2by tb1024 » 21 Nov 2014, 5:00

Well, I played the level, and it's quite nice and lively. I think it would better fit in a 1-2, 3 or 4.
Good graphics, good NPC placement, and an good length. Good work.
Leaving a video:
phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oww0r5BNXg

Do you want fries with that?
Mal posso esperar para a versão final da engine de Wolhstand!
English Translation
I can't wait for Wohlstand's Engine final version :D

Squishy Rex M
Contributor
Squishy Rex M
Contributor

Post #3by Squishy Rex » 21 Nov 2014, 9:04

Thanks for the comment and the video tb1024! I'm glad you enjoyed it. :)
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

sky2 M
Our friend
Our friend
sky2 M
Our friend
Our friend

Post #4by sky2 » 23 Nov 2014, 3:37

So well, I'm not going to write long review, because it's 1:37 in my country at night and I'm kinda sleepy D:
From the screenie and video level looks great - I like those expanded vanilla tilesets, I don't know why people don't make these levels more just because it fits to original SMBX. The whole shape of a level is well done :)

I'll review in the morning / noon as soon as I launch my laptop because I'm sorry, but I'm sleepy that I can't even launch a SMBX now D:
Poof!

Return to “Levels”