F26's Level collection

Description: Place for SMBX levels. You can also post them here.
Forum rules: Posting single levels here. Here are levels designed for engines directly based on the old engine: Vanilla SMBX, LunaLUA-SMBX and SMBX 2.0. Please add a tag with engine name and version (for example, "[SMBX 1.3]", "[LunaLUA]", "[SMBX-38A]", etc.) into begin of the topic title.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Frankyster26 M
Topic author, Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Frankyster26 M
Honourable citizen
Facebook Twitter

Post #1by Frankyster26 » 12 Oct 2016, 3:39

Logo removed
Welcome to my wolf cave of levels! Here you can ealk around the cave and play all my levels from 2014 until now. Feedback is appreciated :P
PS : Sorry if the level has switch blocks. You know i was a fan of switch blocks, but now i'm not.

Light Blue Mountainshrooms
Spoiler
'
Download

Cotton Sky Collosus (MAGLX2 75th Place) (I Actually made this level in 2014, but i released this level in 2015 so...
Spoiler
Download

Subcon Masquerade
Spoiler
Download

Outline Woody
Spoiler
Download

Sweet Lemonade Rockgrass
Spoiler
Download

Pale Peppermint River
Spoiler
Download

Foggy Cotton Gemini
Spoiler
Download

Skypiea Castletop
Spoiler
Download : Download

Renzor Subconpolis
Spoiler
Download

Colorless Bramble Swampy
Spoiler
phpBB [youtube]

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RDYQQQcdqk

Download

Aqueduct Maze
Spoiler
Download

PGE Pendulum Fissure (CC11 18th Place)
Spoiler
Reviews
Spoiler
18. [strike]andialifbatara[/strike] [strike]Harvey36Dice[/strike] Camacho - PGE Pendulum Fissure (7.76/10)
    Bomber57 (8.0/10)
      8.5/10 too much GREEN. No seriously, literally every NPC is now GREEN, and this makes it hard to see them sometimes against the GREEN background and the GREEN BGO. What bothers me the most is that you made the fireballs GREEN because why not. This made them hard to see against the background and BGO, which is worse considering they are projectiles. Abundance of GREEN aside, this was a pretty nice level. The water appearing and disappearing gimmick was pretty cool towards the end, and the way you made it transition smoothly was nice. The second pipe elevator in the last section basically trapping the player if they fall down after raising it is a design flaw, and could be fixed by removing the hole to the lower area after the pipe elevator. The level was pretty nice, but next time please cut down on the GREEN.
    bossedit8 (8.0/10)
      Lovely forest type level with variety, nice designed areas and several gimmicks to spice it up. Everything was a relatively nice designed but sometimes I find your enemy placements rather annoying to deal with especially unreachable enemies but still be able to attack you... since the flames are green they can be difficult to see at times since the level is also mostly green based. I don't like that once you defeat the platform that replaces a "ripper" that you can get stuck there... at leadt make sure that once you defeat it, make standable platforms appear so you won't get stuck there anymore that easily. Other than that I liked this level and good secrets involved.
    Chad (8.0/10)
      This is a great level! It has a really mystical feel to it, with a lot of variation in the design and hazards. I especially like the climbing areas and those where you have to avoid Munchers, and the way Section 2's path overlaps itself and reuses the elevator is clever. You also make great use of the floating water, and the expanding/contracting effect you gave it is not just visually impressive, but functions well as its own gimmick. I wish that was used in more places. However, I don't like the moving spike platforms. If the level's progression is strongly reliant on that in some spots, making it something you can kill with a thrown object is way too fragile. I don't understand why you didn't just use a moving layer. Also, the first one makes you wait a long time if you miss it. The visuals, though really nice as a whole, are confusing at points. The sizables are nearly identical to the ground, and the green fireballs blend in with everything, making it really easy to get hit from something you couldn't see. The second star is also poorly placed, because players are given no reason to check a previous area. It felt like there wasn't thought put into its placement beyond that it'd be somewhere unexpected.
    Quill (7.3/10)
      The atmosphere here was super nice. I wish there was less "hit the thing and go back as something new is there" as this is a common theme in the level and it gets pretty boring after a while. The overall design was fairly good, so good job with that. The level doesn't really have too many flaws, it just needs that extra mile to make it really outstanding.
    Valtteri (7.5/10)
      This is a cool forest level. I appreciate the in-dept instructions throughout the level but you shouldn't have to explain things like hitting switches to the player.
Download

Electrical Enchanted
Spoiler
Download

Morning Kingdom
Spoiler
Download

Woddy Sub-Crunchy Apple
Spoiler
Download

Unearthly Stomatches (Sorry for rip-off ;-;)
Spoiler
Download
If the file is invalid, try this one.

Great Cracky Crushdown
Spoiler
Download

Floral Flirt Volcanic (Sorry for rip-off ;-;)
Spoiler
Download

Wendy's Volcano Paradise
Spoiler
Download

Rotten Flesh Spell
Spoiler
Download

Nostalgia Beats
Spoiler
Download

Cotton Sky Collosus 2 : Wintry Hybrid Collosus
Spoiler
Full
Download

Boiler Blizzard Peaks
Spoiler
Download

Hoppy Cloudy Aftergrounds
Spoiler
gdi cedrik u deleted the video again
Full image -> http://i.imgur.com/iXwMbhk.png
Download

Subcon Of Everything (This one supposed to be the next sequel of Subcon Masquerade)
Spoiler
full screen click here
Download

Daredevil Chillycloud (CC12 9th Place)
Spoiler
Reviews
Spoiler
9.[strike]Harvey36Dice[/strike] Camacho - Rinkas;Daredevil Chillycloud (7.86/10)
    Chad (8.0/10)
      I really adore the design in this level. The jagged construction makes the level seem like it was all cut from one big glacier, and the use of detail is excellent. The slope-based platforming is intriguingly tricky, exploration is heavy but not excessive, enemies are nicely arranged, and there are a lot creative cinematic events that happen on the fly to make the level change around you. Launching arrows and floating water are implemented cleverly as well, as well as occasional switch that's not too out of the way.' However, I didn't care much for how the difficulty just before the midpoint was handled. The Toothy segment is made excessively difficult by the overabundance of unbreakable blocks, which make it difficult to move and predict not only when exactly some enemies will be freed, but how they will interact with the surrounding solid blocks especially when all this is within range of a fire Piranha. The Springboard/Muncher section is also an unnecessary difficulty increase that doesn't even remain for the rest of the level, it just gives me an unexpected death due to precision failure in a spot where the midpoint is practically within sight. Other than that, great level. Runs on a tiny bit long, but not too much.
    ElTipsta (8.5/10)
      This is a really atmospheric ice level that has clearly had a lot of work put unto it, judging by the multiple tilesets and BGOs. It helps to make the level really fun to play thanks to it's mostly easy difficulty. There are overworld and underground sections each with their own gimmicks giving each part it's own feel. I wasn't a fan of the usage of switch blocks when removing the green one would hacve been fine as well as changing the other ones to events. It's all about psychology, see? (and not getting heavily marked down by Quill) Nice level otherwise though.
    Quill (7.8/10)
      I enjoyed the variety in this level. The different parts of the water rising and descending was especially interesting. Most of these cool little gimmicks were kinda underused though. Once you saw them once, that was kinda it. The variety in design overall helped keep this level fresh and it was entertaining.
    Shinbison-Kof (8.0/10)
      It's so cold...This level has a nice atmosphere with a nice transition from the cave to the exterior. The level design is pretty interesting. There are exploratory elements and I like the secrets. Sometimes the running back and forth for the switches gets exhausting. Some short cuts would be nice. The gimmicks were very well done. I like the way the moving blocks and water appear. Some parts are cramped, especially in the cave. I don't like the red coins because when you catch one water appears in one place and disappears elsewhere and I die because of the crampedness. Some other parts are annoying annoying too with the water platforms and npcs that are difficult to dodge. The npc placement is ok except for the Venus Fire Traps which were annoying as you couldn't kill them. This level was a bit long. Overall, a good ice level.
    Valtteri (7.0/10)
      This is a cool ice level. It's exciting and pretty to watch too, although the decorations go maybe a little over the top. The path goes all over the level which brings great variation and the enemy placement is well thought out. The level is really busy with moving layers and flying water. The paths that appear upon approaching are a nice touch although they're getting pretty common among levels these days. I find the "balanced" water pillars fascinating. You know, the ones where one pillar would fall and another would rise simultaneously. They served no purpose at all but they looked really cool despite the clunkiness. The background ice blocks are kind of weird. They're just black ice.
Download!

Woodfall Breeze(SVLC 2016 1st Place)
Spoiler
Outdated screens, don't complain about the cloud spam because i already fixed it. Download the low detail version if you don't trust me.
ImageImage
Reviews
Spoiler
Bossedit8 - 8.75
I like that level. Woods in the sky with a decent amount of moving platform variety going on. Enemies were alrightly placed throughout the level and the power up placements, were a bit too many (for 2 players it would of been far more suitable for sure) but it wasn't too bad either. About the concept, pressing switches to let red blocks disappear, was ok then a random spiderweb appeared, acting as instant warps to another spiderweb... pretty weird I must say for a sky level haha. There's a secret star aswell if you backtrack to that one point after you pressed the switch... wasn't too bad at least since you even get a Tanooki Suit by that. At the end, the star is for you after being at the wooden clouds with random spiderwebs acting as teleporters and moving wooden platforms on lines or no lines aswell.

Wraith Adamknight - 8.20
I liked what this level did with the “spider portals.” It really helped reduce the amount of time wasted running back and forth. I can foresee this becoming a staple in designing, should it be as well received as I wish it to be. This still doesn’t take away the fact this level was constructed with artificial extensions. Meaning, you are intentionally keeping the player from going forward just to waste their time.
I recommend adding in an entirely separate side-path in order to help the fact the level is so linear. Outside of this, I really don’t have any other suggestions.

Zipper - 8.70
Oooooh, that fresh new sky feeling. I do like how this level was structured. Bizarre wood buildings hanging in the sky, tied by thin ropes. It's a treat to carefully traverse from island to island, while being very careful to avoid the huge pits scattered throughout. The level has a focus on tight and sometimes very dangerous jumps, and it shows right from the start with 1-block platforms laid in front of you. Overall, I found platform placement done extremely well. Hanging blocks that are spread apart well, moving platforms that circle around in a difficult but acceptable pattern, koopa-troopas spaced between jumps. I'm also glad you provided portals that return you to the point you went into a split path from, really saves time and risk that could otherwise be troublesome. The ice flower was a godsend here, being able to create platforms out of enemies, and taking out more dangerous enemies like buzzy beetles and munchers. The music blocks were a nice touch as well. If there's one thing I'd like to point out, it's that a more dynamic level would've taken this level from great to godlike. Some moving platforms, some more lifts and you got a flawless formula going.

Chad - 6.70
This is a great visual style for a level! It's a very elaborate and polished form of SMB3 athletic that's actually pretty creative. The gameplay is solid and makes clever use of pipes, switches, line platforms, moving layers, and a unique warp system. It takes you in all directions to give a feeling of exploration as well. It ran on a bit long and sort of repeated the same stuff after a while, and interactions are mostly standard, but it's pretty well-made and I had a good time with it.

ElTipsta - 9.00
A really impressive sky level. The amount of depth present in the visual design is impressive. Not many custom graphic levels use the wood blocks in such a way. It's clear you put a lot of work into this and it shows. The design itself is also grand, the portals were very creative idea in terms of the execution. I hope this level does well, I have no issues with it.
Dwwnload

Waterfall Spring Melody
Spoiler
support airship
Note : Please Don't use the Camacho Sprite.
Download.

Okiba Magmafall
Spoiler
support darkmecha
Download

Flower Frolic
Spoiler
ImageImage
Editor screen
NOTE : The cutoff at the BG will not visible during gameplay.
Download

Japanese contest entries
Download
Coming next :???
Have fun with them, please note that i will remake some of my old levels, so stay tuned! ^.^
Howl every full moon night
Last edited by Frankyster26 on 17 Apr 2017, 3:15, edited 1 time in total.

Frankyster26 M
Honourable citizen
Frankyster26 M
Honourable citizen
Facebook Twitter

New levels?

Post #2by Frankyster26 » 17 Apr 2017, 3:13

https://www.dropbox.com/s/45icli5k0dxfjl0/Japanese Cotest WerewolfGD.zip?dl=0
Here are my Japanese contest entries. i'm just putting this here if anybody want to play this one. (Lua required)
Sorry for no screens :boredom:
Auuuu :bye:

Return to “Levels”