Old development news thread

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
YouTube

Post #201by h2643 » 5 Jun 2015, 10:29

Wow, I had no idea you can have two different languages in one text box, that's something I wished SMBX could have...
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #202by Wohlstand » 5 Jun 2015, 13:49

h2643 wrote:Wow, I had no idea you can have two different languages in one text box, that's something I wished SMBX could have...
UTF-8 is powerful ;-)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #203by Wohlstand » 17 Jun 2015, 5:32

Hello everybody!

I with Kevsoft are had a big work over engine, and now we are have completely new physics to replace Box2d which doesn't fits into platform game-play. New physics provides almost same SMBX physics (values of accelerations and speeds are gotten from SMBX through bunch of a tricks with LunaLUA). With a new physical engine game works faster in 3-4 times faster than was in Box2d. Also new version is going with lua subsystem which provides powerful customization of everything: basic atmosphere, print misc. texts or some debug information, and later will be used to implement NPC algorithms and game-play events required to game work.

This is an experimental version of engine with a new physics which can be used for a preview and tests reasons. You can use it to test any levels or episodes or check out for a new physics system before engine will have finished work with a physics and I will do a creation of NPC Algorithms and layers/events system to have completed implementation of SMBX64 standard gameplay which giving full support of SMBX-based levels, episodes and games.

Important notes! (Read it before use new engine!)
Spoiler
  • New physics are incompatible with old settings defined in the lvl_characters.ini, engine.ini, sound_roles.ini files and characters, script subfolders inside each config pack. Therefore you should overwrite them with files presented in the configs/SMBX folder inside patch archive. If you will try to play game with old settings, character will run super-faster than sonic and will have Giga-jumps and you will fly into outer space .... without suit.
  • There is no slopes yet. All blocks are rectangle. If you can't pass some holes because must be slope, use tail with "alt-run" key to destroy unnecessary blocks (up+altrun and down+altrun to destroy blocks at top or at bottom of the character)
  • All NPC's which are has gravity are will fall down through all blocks. However you can contact with them: coins, power-ups, exits are takable, and contact with some bosses will cause exit from level (while their algorithms are not implemented, you can exit from level to contact with boss instead defeating of them). And you have able to kill than NPC's with a tail.
  • Use 7, 8, 9, 0 number keys to toggle character. 7 - small Peach, 8 - Raccoon peach, 9 - small Mario, 0 - Raccoon Mario
  • If you can't climb on vines (before some things are not implemented), you can fly-up with Alt-jump key which provides unlimited flying up
  • Temporary contact with lava blocks no more kill player.
  • In two-players mode players can't communicate between theme selves unlike previous version of engine. Than is temporary before works with collisions will not be finished.
  • To start using new engine, you should have pre-installed latest PGE (latest version of editor from laboratory is 0.3.0.2) and use special patch to update engine and some INI-files to take experimental engine working (you must have installed "SMBX 1.3 compatible" config pack before updating of engine!). Before physics and lvl_npc.ini file will not be completed, new version of engine has published separately just for preview. When main bunch of works will be finished, new engine will be completely available from laboratory and you can use it for any testing purposes.
  • Layers and events still not implemented yet. Therefore all items of all layers will be shown on the screen. Use tail-whipping with alt-run key to destroy junk blocks and alt-jump key to fly-up if you can't pass some pit because NPC's are not collidable.
  • More written in the Engine.Readme.txt file presented in the archive with patch.

Screenshots
Spoiler

Dummy Credits Screen uses LUA script

Download & Install update
Spoiler
First of all you should have a latest PGE version gotten via online installer which you can get here:
http://download.gna.org/pgewohlstand/dev/win32/pge-online-downloader.exe

After upgrading of your PGE, download this archive and replace contents which you have in "%ProgramFiles%\PGE" folder to take usage of new engine (It contains also updated calibrator and bit updated editor where is a WIP garbage cleaner which removes all junk vines which are was flooded with buggy SMBX. It will count them only but actually is not removes them yet.)
http://download.gna.org/pgewohlstand/dev/win32/pge-engine-0.1-alpha-dev-patch-win32.7z
Note: New engine uses incompatible config settings, and you should use updated ini files from "<pge-engine-0.1-alpha-dev-patch-win32.7z>/configs/SMBX/" in your config pack ("SMBX 1.3 Compatible", "Raocow Talkhaus", "SMBX Redrawn" or [NOT RECOMMENDED!]"SMBX Integration").

R00Tic M
Citizen
Citizen
R00Tic M
Citizen
Citizen

Post #204by R00Tic » 17 Jun 2015, 10:16

Wow. I just played it and I have to say that this really is an almost 1:1 replica of smbx's controls. You did really well with this and now I'm even more excited about PGE's future!

h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
YouTube

Post #205by h2643 » 17 Jun 2015, 12:54

I don't have time to test this right now, but holy moley, you guys are doing your best to make this engine better and better. Once I'll have a chance I will play-test this.

Also I wonder why that airship screw BGO goes behind the NPCs, but at the same time it's in front of other blocks - thet's really interesting :shout:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #206by Wohlstand » 17 Jun 2015, 13:29

h2643 wrote:I wonder why that airship screw BGO goes behind the NPCs, but at the same time it's in front of other blocks - thet's really interesting :shout:
because it's a "foreground NPC", higher than "foreground-1" but lower than "foreground-2" BGO:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #207by Wohlstand » 22 Jun 2015, 13:08

PGE Editor 0.3.0.3 and PGE Engine 0.2-alpha!
This is a huge update of engine part and some new things in the editor!

This is an engine provides the SMBX-like physics and lua-coded NPC-AI's!
When you will get this update, you should completely update your config packs too, because new changes in the engine are incompatible with properties which are with previous version of PGE.

Editor Changelog 0.3.0.3
Spoiler
- [WIP] tool which provides clean-up of garbage NPC's caused by bug of the SMBX (any climbable NPC's such as vines are flooding by SMBX). Currently tool can count junk NPC's only, in next build will be finished and you will can clean-up your levels from junk NPC's
- Added config pack version notifier (if you have old config pack is old, you will be notified about)
- Better design of development console box
- Fixed a crash which possible if you pressing F5 keys too often.

Engine Changelog 0.2-alpha
Spoiler
- Physics are completely replaced with own coded physical engine
- Working NPC-AI system with support NPC's coded in the Lua
- Exits are works!
- Kill effects [are not works perfect, need a lot of work, but there are works fine]
- Added generators!
- Player can climb on NPC-based climbable walls, not only on the BGO-based!
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- NPC's finally can be spawned from blocks where there are was included!

All download links are been updated! See main post to download latest PGE build!

READ THIS. Important info about PGE Engine
Spoiler
While you play games with PGE Engine, don't forget about controls:

Note about regular keys:
JUMP Regular jumping, always use it instead of alt-jump because "alt-jump" is NOT works right
ALT-JUMP temporary is an unlimited flying up! Use it to get unbeatable heights!
ALT-RUN temporary is a cheating weapon to destroy anybody arroud your characher

==============================================
More detail list of controlls:
Arrows:
--------------------
left-right - walk
Up/Down - enter into door/pipe
--------------------
Z - (jump) / enter to level from world map [on German keyboard will work Y key instead by unknown for me reasons :P]
X - (run)
A - (alt-jump) (Temporary, fly up, use it to get inaccessible heights without vines!)
S - (alt-run) (Temporary, tail-whipping to destroy any blocks over face,
S+UP - destroy blocks over head,
S+Down - destroy blocks under self)
Engine reserved keys and key combinations
Ctrl+F - Toggle fullscreen mode

F2 - enable/disable drawing a debug rectangles of physical engine (render all hitboxes)
F3 - enable/disable printing of debug information
F5 - pause/resume physical loopsteps. Used while collisions are debugged
F6 - enable slow mode of physical loopsteps. Everything will go slow. Used while collisions are debugged.

F12 - take screenshot (will be saved in the 'screenshots' folder which will be in PGE folder or in the %UserProfile%\.PGE_Project).
Screenshots will be written into PNG format and will have timedate based filename.

1, 2, 3, 4, 5 degits keys - spawn something effect (made temporary while effects system are debugged)
7, 8, 9, 0 - toggle character and it's state: 7 - Small Peach, 8 - Raccoon Peach, 9 - Small Mario, 0 - Raccoon Mario

i - disable/enable walkable zone limit on the world map (you will have able to walk anywhere)

Enter, Esc - pause/resume game, show pause menu

Screenshots
Spoiler
Hot placing of items into engine while level testing in process

AI-Based NPC's such as podoboo and piranha plants are coded in Lua and can be customized

P3rf3ctXZer0
Good citizen
Good citizen
P3rf3ctXZer0
Good citizen
Good citizen

I will help further the future

Post #208by P3rf3ctXZer0 » 1 Jul 2015, 14:58

I want to say personally I am 100% on board with this project and if I ever win the lottery right after paying my debts I will send you $2000.00 USD. Thank you so much for taking on such a task of this magnitude! I have a question why does my 360 Rock Candy Controller No Longer Work with your engine though? I very much dislike keyboard controls.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #209by Wohlstand » 4 Jul 2015, 0:42

Editor update 0.3.1!

On last week was made small but important updates of the editor side
Spoiler
Updated editor is available by same download links on main post or on the homepage or from online installer!

What's new
Introduced a NPC garbage cleaner!
I think, you know old bug of SMBX Editor where you draw vines or ladders and you see than you have overflown max NPC bank or your level is lags by unknown reasons. [You can watch detail demo of this bug with SMBX 1.3 and with old Box2d based engine 0.0.11-pre-alpha].
I have beee implemented a small tool which will help to clean-up your level from those junk NPC's:
Spoiler
Access to this feature in the tools menu:

Report about found junk NPC's (you also can check out: which and where was found junk NPC's)
If you wanna know which condition to mark NPC as junk: is a same NPC-ID with same layer, with same X-Y position, with same direction with same properties, etc. If you have similar NPC's on different layers or with different messages/properties,etc. than NPC's are will not be marked as junk.

Found junk NPC's

Report about removed junk NPC's

Boosted performance
The common work of the editor has been improved for a big maps where you had a slow down of a placing action. Now you can place/drag&drop on a huge maps much faster!
Spoiler

Completed support of extra sections per level!
Than means, you have able to have more than 21 sections per level. Don't forget than you should save LVLX file format if you wanna use more than 21 section or you will lose settings of those sections.
Spoiler

Bit but useful: 'friendly' flag in the message box editor
I think, this thing will be useful for some people who requested this feature from me. Thanks to cramps-man who finally implemented it!
If you wanna know is your talking NPC friendly or not, you can modify flag directly from a message box dialog!
Spoiler

Bit but useful: Multi-selection support for item selection dialog box
This feature works especially for a custom counters editor where you wanna add into counters list multiple items at one run!
Spoiler

Added after 7 minutes 55 seconds:
P3rf3ctXZer0 wrote:I want to say personally I am 100% on board with this project and if I ever win the lottery right after paying my debts I will send you $2000.00 USD. Thank you so much for taking on such a task of this magnitude! I have a question why does my 360 Rock Candy Controller No Longer Work with your engine though? I very much dislike keyboard controls.
Thanks! I'm glad for you Great support of us! :good:

P3rf3ctXZer0
Good citizen
Good citizen
P3rf3ctXZer0
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #210by P3rf3ctXZer0 » 4 Jul 2015, 19:08

Thanks Platform Game Engine team for your continued hard work! I made this my homepage because of how excited I am to see continued progress!

tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis
tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #211by tb1024 » 4 Jul 2015, 20:40

I saw a small grammar glitch...

"Are you want to remove..."

As far as I know, it should be "Do you want to remove..."
Do you want fries with that?
Mal posso esperar para a versão final da engine de Wolhstand!
English Translation
I can't wait for Wohlstand's Engine final version :D

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #212by Wohlstand » 4 Jul 2015, 23:39

tb1024 wrote:I saw a small grammar glitch...

"Are you want to remove..."

As far as I know, it should be "Do you want to remove..."
Fixed: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Projec ... 480ab5fe3326b8f5ae86bc4996cd1d

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #213by Wohlstand » 28 Jul 2015, 14:54

PGE Engine 0.2.2-alpha is available!
Download links are in the main post and you can use online installer to automatically update all config packs which you already have.

Updated engine finally has basic layers and partial events system, so, you can test various levels which has layers and events, but be sure than layer movement, autoscroll, section properties, holding of player controls are not implemented yet

Engine Changelog 0.2.2-alpha
Spoiler
- Added support of the layers and basic events! [layers: show, hide, toggle; message box; play SFX; trigger another event; other event actions are not implemented yet]. Working event triggers: block destroy, hit, empty-layer; NPC died, activated, empty layer [talk is not implemented yet!]
- Fixed random crash caused by lua activation event when camera catched a corpse of NPC
- Fixed slow performance caused by bad time delay function
- Player finally can ride on NPC's heads [anyway, is not finished yet]

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #214by Wohlstand » 6 Aug 2015, 8:23

PGE Editor 0.3.1.3 and PGE Engine 0.2.2.2 are available!
Download links are in the main post and you can use online installer to automatically update all config packs which you already have.

This is a bugfix update with adding of detectors API of NPC-AI which gave ability to have NPC's like thwomps, venus firetrap, boos, etc.
With updated fork of SDL2_mixer we now have support of loop points with OGG files (later tutorial will be outed). With this update of modified SDL2_mixer Same update LunaLUA got too!

Changelog Editor 0.3.1.3
Spoiler
- Fix of a crash on closing of musicbox while fetching in process
- Fix of desynced frames on exported images
- With updated SDL2_mixer_ext, is possible to have looped OGG files (vorbis tags LOOPSTART and LOOPEND with PCM-sample position are reqired (you can put them via Audacity))

Changelog Engine 0.2.2.2
Spoiler
- Basic Detectors API for NPC-AI which giving able to catch objects came to specific area
- Fixed bug with super-fast game loop
- Stompable NPC's are can be stomped!
- Work with a speed-summing part of physical engine gives ability to stay and ride on the moving objects

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #215by Wohlstand » 13 Aug 2015, 7:35

PGE Editor 0.3.1.4 and PGE Engine 0.2.2.3 are available!

This is a small bugfix update where fixed some small bugs in the editor and in the Engine. Also editor got updated event toolbox design which will more convenient than previous.

Changelog Editor 0.3.1.4
Spoiler
- New Design of classic events tool box
- Fixed the dialog lockers
- Middle mouse button with selected alone item now can copy settings of item too!
- Added support to exit from hand-drag scroll mode with right mouse button
- Added support of redefinition of some initial item properties

Changelog Engine 0.2.2.3
Spoiler
- Fixed imperfection with auto-closing of message box while "run" or "jump" key are holding
- Episode/Level lists are no more freezing engine!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #216by Wohlstand » 19 Aug 2015, 22:34

Editor 0.3.1.5 and Engine 0.2.2.4-alpha!

This is a set of updates did since from 0.3.0.2 to 0.3.1.5 versions of editor and a set of updates of engine part from 0.1.0-alpha to 0.2.2.4-alpha.

https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Project/releases/tag/v0.3.2

Editor Changelog from 0.3.0.2 to 0.3.1.5
Spoiler
- Fixed the small bug with missed up refreshing of item counters after flood-fill operation
- New Design of classic events tool box
- Fixed the dialog lockers
- Middle mouse button with selected alone item now can copy settings of item too!
- Added support to exit from hand-drag scroll mode with right mouse button
- Added support of redefinition of some initial item properties
- Fixed a crash in relation to closing the musicbox while fetching is in process
- Fixed a bug in relation to desynced frames on exported images
- With the updated SDL2_mixer_ext, it is now possible to have looped OGG files (vorbis tags LOOPSTART and LOOPEND with PCM-sample position are required (you can insert this via Audacity))
- Fixed a small issue with unreseted NPC parameters on taking new NPC's to place
- Added "tip of day" to bring attention to some useful features in the Editor.
- Added tool which provides clean-up of garbage NPC's caused by SMBX bug (any climbabme NPC's such as vines are flooding SMBX)
- Added config pack version notifier (if your config pack is outdated, you will be notified)
- Better designed development console box
- Fixed a bug which made crashing possible if the F5 keys were pressed too often.
- Performance when editing big levels and world maps, has been immproved.
- In flood-fill mode, BGOs are now colliding with other BGO's.
- Added "Transform all Item-ID's in current section" menuitem
- Added ability to transform music boxes.
- Added multiselection for item selection dialog for "add" action in the custom counters editor.

Engine Changelog from 0.1.0 to 0.2.2.4
Spoiler
- Physics are completely replaced with own coded physical engine
- Working NPC-AI system with support NPC's coded in the Lua
- Exits are works!
- Kill effects [are not works perfect, need a lot of work, but there are works fine]
- Added generators!
- Player can climb on NPC-based climbable walls, not only on the BGO-based!
- Fixed a lot of bugs
- NPC's finally can be spawned from blocks where there are was included!
- Added support of the layers and basic events! [layers: show, hide, toggle; message box; play SFX; trigger another event; autoscroll speed, changing of limit borders per section, toggling section background, toggling section music, other event actions are not implemented yet]. Working event triggers: block destroy, hit, empty-layer; NPC died, activated, empty layer [talk is not implemented yet!]
- Fixed random crash caused by lua activation event when camera catched a corpse of NPC
- Fixed slow performance caused by bad time delay function
- Player finally can ride on NPC's heads [anyway, is not finished yet]
- Basic Detectors API for NPC-AI which giving able to catch objects came to specific area
- Fixed bug with super-fast game loop
- Stompable NPC's are can be stomped!
- Work with a speed-summing part of physical engine gives ability to stay and ride on the moving objects
- Fixed imperfection with auto-closing of message box while "run" or "jump" key are holding
- Episode/Level lists are no more freezing engine!
- Working auto scrolling of sections has been implemented! (Unlike SMBX, autoscroll internally is an option of specific section which will works anyway, even you entered into this section from a side, you will get autoscrolling in this section)

P.S. If you wanna test autoscrolling thing of engine, try to play this level in the PGE Engine:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_files_for_posts/En ... utoscroll-pge-engine-0.2.2.lvl
Be sure than same level in the SMBX will have not working autoscroll (here you can start autoscroll by ...hiting of the block)

h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
h2643 M
Forum admin
Forum admin
YouTube

Post #217by h2643 » 20 Aug 2015, 23:30

Great update! Also glad that the auto-scroll works now, and the fact that it's better than it is in SMBX makes me more happy :)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #218by Wohlstand » 14 Sep 2015, 5:29

New experimental update of the engine part - 0.2.3.0!

- Now it's not a child toy, real live! that means, playable character will get hurt (each level you have 3 HP, with no repair yet) when it contacts with dangerous surfaces or enemies, and no more can whip everything. However I'v made debug sub-system where you able to press "~" key and type a special command - cheat code. You will be able to: fly up, whip evrything, to be a god! (P.S> don't worry if player will get hurt from wrong side of horizontal SMB3-spikes, that mine mistake in a config file which I will apply globally later)
- NPC's are talkable now, so, "talk" event is working.
- Experimental support of slopes! Player now able walk on slopes correctly, BUT how I warned, it's experimental: player can't slide on them, to jump player should be faced slope-up or be idle while faced to slope-down.
- Engine has controllable VSync! If you has a good video, you will have smooth and fast animation. If you has no installed drivers or you are has bad video card, you will be able to play games/levels on PGE Engine without VSync, but you need to configure "time of tick" yourself to get best view/performance for your screen! Note: if VSync is enabled, time of tick calculating automatically from your actulal monitor refresh rate. If you wanna faster screen, feel free to open control panel and change frequency of your monitor to maximal available rate. (most popular 60 hz but modern monitors are able to have 75 or even 80 hz and faster!).

Changelog 0.2.3.0
Spoiler
- Text Input dialog box has been completely implemented
- Cheating features are been moved into cheat environment and can be used only after typing of special commands by "~" key clicking
- Playable character can be harmed by dangerouse surfaces and will die in lava
- Experimental support of slopes
- Player can talk with NPC's
- better work of collisions, but some things are still experimental
- better V-Sync control

Also the configuration packages are has some updates:
- All Piranha plants now are has 16x16 grid size unlike SMBX where most of piranha plants are had 32x32 grid size!
- Working SMB1-elevators!
- A2XT config pack has got update of music and some graphics stuff since SAJewers's update of dev-kit!

Editor's version is same, but it has minor updates:
- in the Image Export dialogs has been added "2x", "1x" and "0.5x" auto-size buttons which will help you to quickly use 1/2 of screenshot size or make wide screenshot of a small area, etc.
- Level editor has context menu in the empty area! So, you can press right mouse button in the empty space and you will be able to quickly open section settings box or level properties box too. If you has a with, I will proxy most of level editing menus to this context menu to make usage of them more convenient
- Fixed a bug of the LVLX writer which causes losing of "onActivated" event trigger field value on file saving

All download links on the main post or on the mainpage are has updated PGE components!
You also can use online installer to retrieve all PGE components in one run (PGE core and config packs)

lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke
lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke

Post #219by lighthouse64 » 22 Sep 2015, 12:31

I decided to use my dad's faster computer, so I'm going to try looking for bugs in the newest releases :)
Player of hedgewars!!! :)
And hi... it's me from smbx
Currently bug testing for Mac :apple: And Windows :windows:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #220by Wohlstand » 20 Oct 2015, 4:24

New Update Is available!
PGE Editor 0.3.1.7 and PGE Engine 0.2.3.1-alpha
This update has updates of a core and some bug-fixes.
P.S. Sorry for a too late update, I was very busy on my job, but now I have more time to work with development of PGE hard.

Next update is going to take a big code optimization to resolve existing issues with configuration packs data management in total. With this optimization also will be added a custom configs support like block-*.txt, background-*.txt, tile-*.txt, scenery-*.txt, path-*.txt, level-*.txt, and effect-*.txt, but unlike NPC.txt there are will use INI syntax and will use same specification as global configuration package, but unlike global configuration, each of those configs will have definition of alone element with replacing settings like to npc.txt.

Both Editor and Engine changelog
Spoiler
- Small update of File Library: increased performance and code organizing. Available to build STL version to use PGE File Library with any other C++ applications without using of Qt.
- Support for "health" tag inside npc-*.txt custom configs
- Added support of emulated FM Synth MIDI playback based on ADLMIDI. Also added support of loopStart/loopEnd tags in MIDI files
- Added support of game musics formats
- Updated application icon (New 32x32 and 48x48 versions made by Orakel)
- Added independent to config pack support of PNG CGFX together with masked GIFs format. Now allowed to mix vanilia and modern CGFX compiled sprites together independent to configuration package request.

Editor changelog 0.3.1.7
Spoiler
- Fixed serious bug causes crash on attempt to place something after removing with enabled collisions.
- Added experimental support of background2-.txt custom configs (currently works with Editor only, engine still don't work with it) which allows to reconfigure animation, image filenames or settings for custom backgrounds. Note: unlike npc-.txt, background2-*.txt uses INI-file syntax and requires a header "[background2-x]" at top of file. Instead of X put a number of background.
- Fixed bug with locked event entry after undeletion

Engine changelog 0.2.3.1
Spoiler
- Better (but not ideal) support of slopes, and NPC's are supports slopes too
- Experimental auto-toggling of player state from 2 to 1 if left health is smaller than 2.

More detail description and screenshots are here

All download links on the main post or on the mainpage are has updated PGE components!
You also can use online installer to retrieve all PGE components in one run (PGE core and config packs)

EDIT: I totally forgot about background2-*.txt example and info:

Here is a small example and you can try to open that level in the updated PGE Editor:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_files_for_posts/Misc/BackgroundTXT.zip
Anyway, if you would to do some experiments with custom background configs, I have a specification of this thing:
http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Game_Configuration_Pack_References#lvl_bkgrd.ini
* You will need "[ background2-*]" section where you need replace "*" with actual BackgroundID which you reconfiguring.

Return to “Engine Development”