Old development news thread

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderators: Moderators, Semi-moderatos

Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #221by Wohlstand » 28 Oct 2015, 10:50

Hotfix
Hello!
Because serious bug was found which has been fixed:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Projec ... 8da25a7cd881f68ace238657401e30,
I was updated all published packages just now.
This bug has been reported by Sednaiur. This bug causes wrong blocks order while you saving LVL file. In result, NPC's will miss some blocks in the SMBX and will fall through them. Ordering of blocks is required because collision detection algorithm is based on nearest by index. Those files are can be fixed with re-saving in the SMBX (before updating of editor, and if you kept your file in SMBX64 standard without workarounds to extend internal limits) or take fixed PGE Editor and re-save files by them.

You have to retrieve entire update for PGE, or just take those fixed EXE-s for Windows:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/misc/pge_editor_0.3.1.7_fixed.zip
and ELF's for Linux:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/misc/pge_editor_0.3.1.7_fixed.tar.gz
and overwrite with them your current binaries in your actual PGE folder.

This update also adds:
- Vertical wrap section property (will be greyed for SMBX LVL files, but you can use it with LVLX files)
- WIP features of npc.txt:
grid, gridoffsetx, gridoffsety, gridalign tags to modify grid properties without modifying of lvl_npc.ini, but I wasn't added GUI elements into NPC.txt editor to modify those tags, therefore you will need to edit those tags in the notepad before next update.

Code: Select all

grid - align grid size
gridoffsetx - X offset relative to grid border
gridoffsetx - Y offset relative to grid border
gridalign - 0 align at center of grid cell (most of regular NPC's), 1 align relative to vertical border between grid cells (like thwomps)

Configuration packages are updated too:
- Applied latest updates of devkit to A2XT Configuration package
- Most of OGG musics are been replaced into SPC's in the SMBX 1.3 Compatible configuration package. Now instead of 80 MB it has 53 MB!
- Added dummy NPC slots from 293 to 300 (those NPC slots are been reserved internally but there are was found by h2643 and later confirmed by Kevsoft via LunaLUA with giving actual settings values).

Good luck ;-)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #222by Wohlstand » 9 Nov 2015, 16:24

Important Note for all people who uses Chinese characters if you have trouble to run PGE apps!

Snoopy Tour was tried to use PGE, but he got "Can't find plugin for Windows platform". This trouble caused because he placed PGE installation into path with Chinese characters. I don't know why, but with Europan/Cyrillic/ASCII PGE Works fine and has no troubles with non-ASCII characters, but trouble was occupied with Chinese characters.

Be careful!
Or I would to build both static and dynamic versions of PGE (static version of PGE shouldn't have troubles with paths to DLL's in dynamic version)

Note: Difference between static and dynamic versions of app:
- Static version of app doesn't requires lots of DLL's, but has larger size
- Dynamic version of app has smaller size, but requires lots of DLL's

P.S. Who interested to read comparison between SMBX by 38A and PGE, I made a Wiki page about Chinese SMBX built:
http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Super_Mario_Bros._X_by_38A

DeuxEx M
Our friend
Our friend
DeuxEx M
Our friend
Our friend

surprised

Post #223by DeuxEx » 9 Nov 2015, 17:54

hello to the community and has wohl,
I honestly version 1.4.0.1 are a little surprised because I did not believe that someone would take it on, I thought it was a project totally false.
I just hope that the union between the two projects can give good results.
So I hope to try to 1.4.0.1 when it fixata Wolh, and I must tell you that I tried but having WIN10 is not run.
Good luck and I hope to know some updating!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #224by Wohlstand » 18 Nov 2015, 1:18

New Update!
This update has lots of surprised features in the engine side, but also has a bug-fixes in the editor side.

Changelog Editor 0.3.1.8
Spoiler
- Fixed bug with non-initialized NPC.txt fields on a new file creation
- Added question boxes on attempt to remove layer from list
- [WIP] Testing settings (there are will don't take effect on actual testing inside engine yet!)
- Fixed grid offset bug

Changelog Engine 0.2.4
Spoiler
- Working paths system on world map! Now there are closed at episode start, but opens on level passes.
- Fixed bug with autospawning of "gameover" question on non-zero exit codes
- Fixed missed font-ID grabbing for live counter on the world map
- Small reorganization of cheat codes:
- illparkwhereiwant instead of "i" key
- redigitiscool to spawn dummy message box
- iwishexitas X to exit from a level with specific exit code
- Contact Detector for NPC-AI (detects elements which are contacted to self NPC and returns pointer to them)
- Added ability to spawn other NPC's from NPC-AI scripts
- Working projectile generators!
- Fixed bug with down directed NPC spawn from blocks
- Experimental in-game render of placing elements
- All non-protected NPC's will burn in lava

Updates in config packs
Spoiler
- Implemented shooting NPC's: Venus firetrap (still has no accurate angle calculation, later will be copied from Rinka), Rinka block and rinkas, bill blasters!
- Implemented springboards!
- Glass chamber changes frame dependent to a health
- Bosses (birdo, boom-boom, bowser III-rd) are spawns rewards when all "is boss" NPC's of same ID will be defeated!
- Egg changes color dependent to contents and smashes on falling with speed more than 2
- Partial implementation of pow blocks: on fall with speed more than 2 all visible coins will fall down and on-ground players will be bumped
- All bosses will die on fall into a pit (update going together with engine side updates)
- Working vine heads!

All downloads are available on the main page!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #225by Wohlstand » 26 Nov 2015, 3:08

Good news for Mac OS X Users!

Today I finally configured Travis-CI to build PGE for OS X!
https://travis-ci.org/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Project

That means, every GitHub commit, Travis-CI will build a fresh assembly of PGE for OS X. That gives ability to keep OS X version of PGE up to date together with Linux and Windows builds too!

However because I rarely have access to Mac, I have no ability to test those builds, so, if you will get any troubles with those builds, please report me here or on PGE Forums, via IRC, via PM, or everywhere where you can contact with me. Thanks.

Latest build of PGE for OS X now is available on main post and on main page of PGE Official site!

Direct download link: http://download.gna.org/pgewohlstand/dev/macosx/pge-project-dev-macosx.dmg

EDIT: Mac OS build just updated and tested on my friend's Mac, and now it working fine!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #226by Wohlstand » 7 Dec 2015, 8:16

Hotfix
Hello!
Since some set of strong bugs are was found and fixed, all PGE applications are been updated!
(Version numbers are still same, but difference in the build number which a hex value in the Engine's title or inside About dialog of the Editor)

Fixes on the Editor side:
- Fixed bug with removed warp entrance point and after placing it again

Fixed on the Engine side:
- Fixed crash on NPC placement with interprocessing
- Sprite in real-time placing mode will be aligned to center of mouse rather left-top corner
- Background color of screen padding no is always black
- Player now can attack multiple NPC's at one stomp
- Player now can safely walk from ridable NPC's without jumps
- Removed workaround disables hurting of player while it flying up because player finally can safely stomp healthy NPC's

Common changes:
- Fixed a detection of libraries paths (such as "platforms") while dynamically built PGE Apps are locating in the folder with non-ascii path
- Added Music Player application allows you to play ALL supported by SDL Mixer X library (which a forked by me SDL Mixer v 2.0) music formats. You can use it just to test out loops, validly of sample rate (if sound plays shitty, you should re-sample it into 44100 hz, for mass resample of all musics in episode, use a special tool)

FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor
FanofSMBX
Contributor
Contributor

Post #227by FanofSMBX » 7 Dec 2015, 17:34

Will PGE and SMBX 2.0 automatic update?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #228by Wohlstand » 7 Dec 2015, 17:38

FanofSMBX wrote:Will PGE and SMBX 2.0 automatic update?
For this case I will provide small info to Horikawa and yes!
+, when I will finish PGE Manager, PGE will update all its components and gotten config packs automatically

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #229by Wohlstand » 3 Jan 2016, 3:58

New Update
This is a bugfix update and contains partial optimization works which are increase performance of editor and engine.
Sorry for a late update because long works over common optimization which are still in process. So, I sent my update because it contains important fixes for a bugs and some inconveniences. Anyway, Happy New Year!

Editor 0.3.1.9 changelog
Spoiler
* Fixed bug with removed warp entrance point and after placing it again
* Fixed a detection of libraries paths (such as "platforms") while dynamically built PGE Apps are locating in the folder with non-ascii path
* Added support of config pack's folder binding GIFs2PNG GUI (non-exist masks are will be retrieved from current config pack!)
* Use Bleeze theme on KDE, XFCE, OS X and on Windows 10
* Fixed bug with multi-selection item dialog where impossible to add NPC's into custom counter
* Added ability to copy any parameters/metrics of any placed element
* Added a good protection which avoids accidental running of multiple copies of engine for a testing

Engine 0.2.5 changelog
Spoiler
* Fixed crash on NPC placement with interprocessing
* Sprite in real-time placing mode will be aligned to center of mouse rather left-top corner
* Background color of screen padding no is always black
* Fixed a detection of libraries paths (such as "platforms") while dynamically built PGE Apps are locating in the folder with non-ascii path
* Player now can attack multiple NPC's at one stomp
* Player now can safely walk from ridable NPC's without jumps
* Removed workaround disables hurting of player while it flying up because player finally can safely stomp healthy NPC's
* Added experimental translator to have able to retranslated engine too
* Optimized memory usage and increased performance
* Now PGE Engine uses FreeImage library to load graphics
* Finally resolved a troubles with a lazily-made graphics, all masked-gif based graphics are merging via bit-blit algorithm

Screenshots
Spoiler

Also good news for GIFs2PNG: Now is supported ability to use config pack specific masks for episodes where are lacks masks by size reducing reasons. Without those masks target PNG will have black background because mask is not detected.

All downloads are available on the main page!

Note for OS X Users: PGE Engine will not work on OpenGL greater than 3.1 because it still use legacy functions. In works an update of PGE Engine's OpenGL to shader usage to finally take it working. Sorry for temporary inconvenient. But PGE Editor still works fine.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #230by Wohlstand » 24 Feb 2016, 17:27

Development news Frebruary 24 2016
Hello! I think, because currently in works a big update of internal part, and I can't quickly release a new update, I will sometimes report my progress.
Sorry for long silence about PGE Development process.

Everything made since last time:
Editor changes:
    - Fixed custom folder confusion caused with dot-contained file names
    - Level list dialog now looks for level files in sub directories (is possible to collect levels into sub-directories to don't flood episode root folder)
    - Better testing through SMBX on Windows version
    - Added support of reading SMBX65-38A LVL file format (WLD, WLS and writing are still WIP)
    - Fixed miss up of order priority applying for BGO-190
    - Added circle fill
    - Added grid showing
    - Added separated support of portal and instant warps: instant warp will do same as in SMBX, portal warp will teleport character with keeping of keenetic energy
    - NPC-Containers are now supports saving of extra special properties for contents: LVLX and SMBX65-38A only, SMBX64 LVL supports extra special filed for one NPC container only (herb which includes magic potion)

Engine changes:
    - Added more physical environment zones types, include air chambers for underwater sections
    - Added separated support of portal and instant warps: instant warp will do same as in SMBX, portal warp will teleport character with keeping of keenetic energy

New update is completely changes NPC-Container configuration, therefore no more need to manually define NPC-placer button in lvl_npc.ini. Instead of you finally have ability to configure any NPC with special parameter even it stored into container (container itself no more uses special1 field. Instead of it uses own "content" field)

Latest and freshest dev-build you always can download here:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/

Or build PGE from source code yourself:
https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Project
(Note: If you getting "Config pack outdated", ignore that until I will officially release new update. To avoid that you need to copy INI-files from my git repisotory and replace all files in "configs/SMBX" folder.)

Don't forget that this version still in works and some bugs and glitches are would appear, so, please report me about any troubles and bugs with PGE Apps to let me fix them.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Nightly Windows builds of PGE now are full!

Post #231by Wohlstand » 1 Mar 2016, 16:22

Since we are seted up own continuous integration server, coded in the bash, winbatch and bit PHP, which working on http://pgeci.wohlnet.ru/ address, we are able to do nightly builds longer than 1 hour (appveyor limits any builds in 1 hour, to build full PGE package need more than 1 hour on a slow machine, therefore appveyour is able to build PGE Editor only).

Now we are able to provide full nightly built packages of PGE for Windows!

New continuous integration server is based on Cent OS 7 machine which uses a Wine environment with pre-installed Qt 5.5.1 (will be upgrated to 5.6 when it will be finalyl released) and MinGW. Is possible to use MinGW-w64 cross-compiler to build a static versions of PGE which are not requires any additional DLL's. Wine-based building system gives ability to correctly deploy shared-based build which currently is more compact. Wine is much more compact and effective than virtual machine with running Windows and requires less memory.

Fresh nightly built developing versions of PGE builds are available here:

http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

New update!

Post #232by Wohlstand » 8 Apr 2016, 12:49

NEW UPDATE!
PGE Editor v0.3.1.10 and PGE Engine 0.2.5.1-alpha

Sorry for taking too long for a new update :P This update contains internal optimizations and very important improvements and bug fixes.

Direct level testing in the SMBX Engine from PGE Editor is finally possible without pre-launching the legacy editor. PGE Engine finally supports backup module with OpenGL 2 to allow support for PGE Engine on older hardwares, finally implemented support for non-power-of-two textures on video cards which support power-of-two textures only. BGO order in PGE Editor got finally fixed (after some research, we extracted completed BGO order priorities for all BGOs), so, a trouble with missmatched order of BGOs in comparison with old SMBX Engine is finally resolved. Also, PGE File Library can finally read and write SMBX 1.4 (SMBX-38A) level files (support for SMBX 1.4 world map files isn't implemented yet).

All downloads are available on the main page: http://wohlsoft.ru/PGE/

Editor changelog 0.3.1.10
Spoiler
- Level list dialog now looks for level files in sub directories (it's possible to collect levels into sub-directories to not flood the episode root folder)
- Better testing through SMBX on Windows version: if SMBX Editor is not started, SMBX Test will be launched from scratch!
- Added support of SMBX 1.4 (SMBX65-38A) file formats
- Fixed the order priority for BGO-190
- Added circle fill
- Added grid
- Added a separate support of portal and instant warps: instant warp will be same as in SMBX, portal warp will teleport the character and keep its original speed/movement
- NPC-Containers now support saving of extra special properties for contents: LVLX and SMBX65-38A only, SMBX64 LVL file supports extra special properties for one NPC container only
- Better and stable interprocessing with engine based on stdin/stdout!
- Added a warning about PGE Engine alpha-testing for newbies
- Resolved trouble with window focuses
- Added ability to set absolute values of sizable block size from block properties tool box
- Finally implemented true BGO order priority table which results in a correct order of all the BGOs in comparison to SMBX Editor

Engine changelog 0.2.5.1-alpha
Spoiler
- Added more physical environment zones types, including air chambers for underwater sections
- Added a separate support of portal and instant warps: instant warp will be same as in SMBX, portal warp will teleport character and keep its original speed/movement
- Added support for warp events
- Added support for two-way directed warps
- Added support for pipe cannon warps
- Better and stable interprocessing with editor based on stdin/stdout!
- Added a support for character filter blocks and character switch blocks!
- Better speed physics
- Layer motion engine has been implemented!
- Better slope support
- Player Lua API has been implemented! It provides the ability to program playable character events
- Improved onHarm/onKill events on NPC-AI
- Added new NPC-AI events, functions and variables
- Added a support of collision toggling from lua
- Added ability to use OpenGL 2 if it's not possible to use OpenGL 3 (also with support of compatibility with video cards which don't support non-power of two textures)

New update completely changes NPC-Container configuration, therefore you no longer need to manually define NPC-placer button in lvl_npc.ini. Instead you have the ability to configure any NPC with special parameter even if it's stored into container (container itself no longer uses special1 field. Instead, it uses its own "content" field)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #233by Wohlstand » 30 Apr 2016, 4:22

Important Hotfix
Contains minor fixes and changes in the Editor and in the Engine
Change-log Editor:
Spoiler
* Added Polish translation of the editor
* Optimized performance and memory usage
* Fixed some inabilities to show custom graphics in the item selection dialogs
* Flood fill will never fill out of section by default (to allow filling out of section, need to unchec a special flag in the "Edit" menu)
* Fixed empty category entry wihth appears on some groups in blocks and BGO lists
* Added ability to show default only elements in the tilesets editor box
* Added "Top-Right" and "Right-Bottom" section sides for camera position reset
* Test Settings are finally working
* Fixed update checker

Change-log Engine:
Spoiler
* Added support of the software renderer that allows you to play PGE Engine even without OpenGL
* Fixed logic in the configuration loading
* Fixed right-side warped NPC sprite [For example, right-directed drill roze had a wrong cropped sprite]
* Added more command line arguments to have better debug control and ability to pass initial test settings from Editor into Engine

Also Online Installer updated too!
Now it remembers components which you are selected, and also finally supports the portable installation (and updating!), also adding PGE path into PATH environment is completely optional and no needed!

ScoopJohn
Passerby
Passerby
ScoopJohn
Passerby
Passerby

Post #234by ScoopJohn » 8 May 2016, 18:01

It's John Leagsdurg again, however this time i registered a new account because the last one i lost my password.
So this project looks working as usual once again, probably this might be coming to a close?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

New location for config packs for Laboratory builds

Post #235by Wohlstand » 4 Jul 2016, 19:51

Hello!

Sorry for a slow development and no news in those two months, because I was been overloaded on the job, but don't worry, I still do progress and you can see any my activity on the GitHub repository.
While passed a three months, I made a lot of bug-fixes inside PGE Editor and tools, but PGE Engine currently has very unstable physics, and I working on it to resolve most of known issues with it. Anyway a lot of new Lua API has been implemented, therefore playable characters are has much more skills than before. NPC-AI API also improved, and you can preview changes in the new configuration packages published here:
http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/config_packs/
There are compatible only with laboratory builds and not compatible with current release. Also good news for people who are want automate some processes with a files and data, we are working on plugins system for PGE Editor where plugins are will be written in JavaScript. With this configurable config packs like "SMBX Integration" now no more requiring manual staring "configure.exe" tool. Instead, PGE Editor automatically detect state of config pack and will run javascript-coded configure tool. Is possible to re-run it from "Configuration" menu. (Be careful! SMBXby38a config pack is experimental, and not finished!)

PGE MusPlay, a young PGE component, now supports file association (click by right mouse button to open context menu), and you can play any supported by SDL Mixer X music formats to test them how there are will work in PGE Editor/Engine, in LunaLUA-SMBX, in SMBX-38A (aka SMBX 1.4.x). Don't forget you can use in games a real chip-tunes (those files are has size a few kilobytes, but producing pure quality of game sound!) instead of huge audio files (aka WAV/MP3/OGG/FLAC).

You also can watch latest changes here:
Latest changelog of the Editor: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Project/blob/master/Editor/changelog.editor.txt
Latest changelog of the Engine: https://github.com/Wohlhabend-Networks/PGE-Project/blob/master/Engine/changelog.engine.txt

Watch for a news, and good luck in your levels, projects, and entertainment!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #236by Wohlstand » 1 Sep 2016, 0:33

PGE Engine: Twillight Fortress
A test of the updated physical engine in the PGE Engine.

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqVw3Uz0eDM

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

NEW UPDATE! PGE Editor 0.3.1.11 and PGE Engine 0.2.6-alpha

Post #237by Wohlstand » 5 Sep 2016, 19:11

PGE Editor 0.3.1.11 and PGE Engine 0.2.6-alpha
This is a big update for the PGE Project, which contains a reorganizing of the config pack management system and lot of other bug fixes. Configure tools in the config packs like "SMBX Integration" now are working with JavaScript, which allows them be platform-independent and more secure! The PGE Engine got a huge improvement recently and now has an upgraded physical engine which fixes most of the bugs with slopes and with moving blocks (however, there is still improvement for layer move system to be made)!
More detail info in the change logs!

Small and good news for users with portable packages (.ZIP): settings will no longer be lost when you are doing an update, because all settings will be saved into the new-created "settings" folder, which will never be replaced on an update with a ZIP-Package!

A big update is done for the OS X users, which will be able associate LVL/WLD/LVLX/WLDX-files with PGE Editor and PGE Engine by simple placing the PGE Project-folder into the "Applications" directory. In addition many other fixes were made, including the fix for interprocess testing!

All downloads are have been updated!

Note: Old config packs are no more compatible with this version, and lot of glitches are possible with them. Therefore, you must download the new config packs from a main page.

In next time I'll release updates more often ;-)

Editor 0.3.1.11 changelog
Spoiler
- Added Polish translation of the editor
- Optimized performance and memory usage
- Fixed some inabilities to show custom graphics in the item selection dialogs
- Flood fill will never fill out of section by default (to allow filling out of section, need to uncheck a special flag in the "Edit" menu)
- Fixed empty category entry width appears on some groups in blocks and BGO lists
- Added ability to show default only elements in the tile-sets editor box
- Added "Top-Right" and "Right-Bottom" section sides for camera position reset
- Test are finally working
- Fixed frame-sequence based animator for the blocks
- Fixed junk element entries on damaged or absence of the image file
- Added support of the automatically running of the configure utilities in the config packs. Now configure utilities are working in JavaScript instead of executables!
- Fixed log level management
- Better validating of configuration package INI-files in the editor (to avoid future crashes because damaged config pack)
- Experimental plugins system
- Fixed menubar confusion while loading, and fixed confusion between settings and quit menu actions on Mac OS X
- Fixed stability of LunaTester to don't freeze/crash PGE Editor if crashes/failures on side of SMBX Engine
- Settings are will be saved into separated "settings" directory to have convenient way to update portable PGE package
- Fixed config reloading crash on Windows
- Implemented full support for custom config files for all elements: block-*.ini, background-*.ini, tile-*.ini, scene-*.ini, path-*.ini, level-*.ini
- Removed a useles auto-script generation thing
- Added auto-crearing/opening for lunadll.lua/lunaworld.lua/lunaoverworld.lua files and configurable PGE-Specific level/world script names
- Fully implemented support of split configurations for level backgrounds, blocks, BGOs, NPCs, terrain tiles, sceneries, paths and level tiles

Engine 0.2.6-alpha
Spoiler
- Improved testing of the renderers support to avoid accidental running of the unsupported renderer
- Added software renderer support for video cards which are not supports OpenGL
- Added ability to manually choice a renderer (by --render-gl3, --render-gl2 or by --render-sw arguments)
- Added graphical API to load external graphic files with lua scripts
- Added Paths functions to get full path to media folders
- Added event to draw HUD with binding of the camera metrics and player state
- Added binding to playOnceAnimation for playable character API
- Added support of more advanced effects for lua API
- Fixed sprite warping for NPCs, now there are correctly warping from warp generators with any sizes of sprites
- Fixed inter-processing on Mac OS X, and no more requires manual event processing to accept IPC messages
- All debug keys (such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 0 and F5, F6, F7, F8) are now disabled by default and can be re-enabled with "takesecretkeychain" cheat command
- Fixed path-opener wired vision bug on the world map
- Enabled ability to spawn effects on the world map (one effect is spawning a smoke when level or path enabling)
- Fixed exit code management in the path opener processor
- Implemented full support for custom config files for all elements: block-*.ini, background-*.ini, tile-*.ini, scene-*.ini, path-*.ini, level-*.ini
- Fully implemented support of split configurations for level backgrounds, blocks, BGOs, NPCs, terrain tiles, sceneries, paths and level tiles

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #238by Yoshi021 » 5 Sep 2016, 19:25

Yay! This looks like a big update.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer

Post #239by Wohlstand » 5 Sep 2016, 19:27

Yoshi021, How you think I did more than three months since previous update? ;-) Ya, it's hard to have full-day job and have time every evening and days off, but possible :)

Bonnies
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Bonnies
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #240by Bonnies » 10 Sep 2016, 20:43

Wohlstand wrote:PGE Editor 0.3.1.11 and PGE Engine 0.2.6-alpha
This is a big update for the PGE Project, which contains a reorganizing of the config pack management system and lot of other bug fixes. Configure tools in the config packs like "SMBX Integration" now are working with JavaScript, which allows them be platform-independent and more secure! The PGE Engine got a huge improvement recently and now has an upgraded physical engine which fixes most of the bugs with slopes and with moving blocks (however, there is still improvement for layer move system to be made)!
More detail info in the change logs!

Small and good news for users with portable packages (.ZIP): settings will no longer be lost when you are doing an update, because all settings will be saved into the new-created "settings" folder, which will never be replaced on an update with a ZIP-Package!

A big update is done for the OS X users, which will be able associate LVL/WLD/LVLX/WLDX-files with PGE Editor and PGE Engine by simple placing the PGE Project-folder into the "Applications" directory. In addition many other fixes were made, including the fix for interprocess testing!

All downloads are have been updated!

Note: Old config packs are no more compatible with this version, and lot of glitches are possible with them. Therefore, you must download the new config packs from a main page.

In next time I'll release updates more often ;-)

Editor 0.3.1.11 changelog
Spoiler
- Added Polish translation of the editor
- Optimized performance and memory usage
- Fixed some inabilities to show custom graphics in the item selection dialogs
- Flood fill will never fill out of section by default (to allow filling out of section, need to uncheck a special flag in the "Edit" menu)
- Fixed empty category entry width appears on some groups in blocks and BGO lists
- Added ability to show default only elements in the tile-sets editor box
- Added "Top-Right" and "Right-Bottom" section sides for camera position reset
- Test are finally working
- Fixed frame-sequence based animator for the blocks
- Fixed junk element entries on damaged or absence of the image file
- Added support of the automatically running of the configure utilities in the config packs. Now configure utilities are working in JavaScript instead of executables!
- Fixed log level management
- Better validating of configuration package INI-files in the editor (to avoid future crashes because damaged config pack)
- Experimental plugins system
- Fixed menubar confusion while loading, and fixed confusion between settings and quit menu actions on Mac OS X
- Fixed stability of LunaTester to don't freeze/crash PGE Editor if crashes/failures on side of SMBX Engine
- Settings are will be saved into separated "settings" directory to have convenient way to update portable PGE package
- Fixed config reloading crash on Windows
- Removed a useles auto-script generation thing
- Added auto-crearing/opening for lunadll.lua/lunaworld.lua/lunaoverworld.lua files and configurable PGE-Specific level/world script names

Engine 0.2.6-alpha
Spoiler
- Improved testing of the renderers support to avoid accidental running of the unsupported renderer
- Added software renderer support for video cards which are not supports OpenGL
- Added ability to manually choice a renderer (by --render-gl3, --render-gl2 or by --render-sw arguments)
- Added graphical API to load external graphic files with lua scripts
- Added Paths functions to get full path to media folders
- Added event to draw HUD with binding of the camera metrics and player state
- Added binding to playOnceAnimation for playable character API
- Added support of more advanced effects for lua API
- Fixed sprite warping for NPCs, now there are correctly warping from warp generators with any sizes of sprites
- Fixed inter-processing on Mac OS X, and no more requires manual event processing to accept IPC messages
- All debug keys (such as 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 0 and F5, F6, F7, F8) are now disabled by default and can be re-enabled with "takesecretkeychain" cheat command
- Fixed path-opener wired vision bug on the world map
- Enabled ability to spawn effects on the world map (one effect is spawning a smoke when level or path enabling)
- Fixed exit code management in the path opener processor
WOW! I've uninstalled PGE because I wasn't interested in it anymore! But, when I came back and found out you have a new stable update, I thought I'd come back to it! :)

Anyway, are the slopes finally fixed? I've been wondering when this will get finished! :)

Return to “Engine Development”