LunaLua Tester Take Forever To Load.

Description: Report bugs and ask questions regarding PGE here.
Forum rules: Here you can ask any question related to PGE Project components:

Any questions related to LunaLUA project please ask HERE (LunaLUA subsection)
Any questions related to SMBX-38A (1.4.x) Chinese project please ask HERE (SMBX-38A subsection)
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Chiller
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Chiller
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Chiller » 22 Aug 2019, 5:02

I got SMBX 2.0 because I saw how cool it was! The PGE editor is amazing but there's one crucial thing SMBX 2.0 creators need. The Test Button. For some reason on my computer when ever I press the Test button it brings up a window with a message to Support Nintendo then It just freezes and my computer says it's not responding so I leave and after maybe 6 to 7 minutes I can test the level. I was planing to port my W.I.P SMBX 1.4.5 episode to SMBX 2.0 when it's done but the test button is crucial and in the editor for SMBX 1.4.5 it's instant. I hope somebody can help me!

Chiller
You Can not live with you're own failure. Where did that bring you.......... Back To Me

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 23 Aug 2019, 5:04

Please try to run update of PGE toolchain first:
- Recently I have fixed some crashes related to quiting from Editor after LunaTester use
- I have added proper support for 38A's 1.4.5 files are now opening, however, the saving is still be compatible with 38A v1.4.4 (I plan to make a choice for what to save: for 1.4.5 or for 1.4.4).
Here is manual how to: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1977

Which computer specs you have? (CPU, video card, size of your RAM, etc. you can find in "dxdiag").
Clunky LunaLua-SMBX backend needs more powerful hardware for correct work unlike PGE Engine (even it's WIP) and SMBX-38A which are able work on slower hardware. If you have 4 GB RAM or lower, you should close your browsers and some applications include Discord to reduce memory usage, otherwise, this makes two bad thins: inability to work of SMBX, and lag of a whole computer.

Return to “Troubleshooting”