[Fixed] Sizable Problems on PGE Editor

Description: It's archive, posting new is here http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewforum.php?f=11

Toshiie M
Topic author, Good citizen
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #1by Toshiie » 12 Nov 2017, 18:45

I was trying the PGE editor, and its very good, i built a level to test on the Legacy editor,

The problem is, all the sizables on the Legacy editor arent the same size i placed them on the PGE editor. :(
I use smbx 1.4 config pack

Sometimes it works, Sometimes it doesnt work, i have no idea what is causing this
Is this happening to someone else? I really need help, since the PGE editor is awesome, and i wanna continue using it.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
English Pronouns: he/him
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 14 Nov 2017, 0:03

That simply explainable: SMBX 38A has max size limit per sizable block which is equal to maximal size of one texture. The trouble doesn't happens on Vanilla Engine and works perfectly on PGE Engine. A tip I can give, please don't to sizeable blocks too big, or there are will be sized down to their maximal size.

I got same trouble when I ran my "What's about railways" level on 38A engine and I got same issue: all big blocks (buildings and trainset itself) are got reduced size.

Also, to have sizable blocks work correct on Vanilla and SMBX-38A engines their size must be multiple 32, I.e. don't put or resize sizable blocks with disabled auto-aligning (grid snapping), or result will work correct in PGE Engine only, but not in Vanilla or SMBX 38A because their render algorithm doesn't allows to draw stripped edges correctly.

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #3by Toshiie » 16 Nov 2017, 15:58

Wohlstand wrote:That simply explainable: SMBX 38A has max size limit per sizable block which is equal to maximal size of one texture. The trouble doesn't happens on Vanilla Engine and works perfectly on PGE Engine. A tip I can give, please don't to sizeable blocks too big, or there are will be sized down to their maximal size.

I got same trouble when I ran my "What's about railways" level on 38A engine and I got same issue: all big blocks (buildings and trainset itself) are got reduced size.
Im not using big sizables, and i can make them normally on 38A, only on PGE it wont work.

Wohlstand wrote:Also, to have sizable blocks work correct on Vanilla and SMBX-38A engines their size must be multiple 32, I.e. don't put or resize sizable blocks with disabled auto-aligning (grid snapping), or result will work correct in PGE Engine only, but not in Vanilla or SMBX 38A because their render algorithm doesn't allows to draw stripped edges correctly.
Im using auto-aligning, and they still wont work, the size of the sizables are multiple by 32, since i use 32x32 auto-aligning.

Oh, i forgot to say: The sizables keep the height i placed on PGE, but the Width becomes 64.
Look at these pics:
Spoiler
On PGE:
ImageOn 38-A
As you can see, the Height works, but the Width is always 64.

Extra information: When i started creating the level, everything woked fine, the sizables were working. But then, another day, when i resumed working on the level, the sizables didnt work anymore.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #4by Wohlstand » 16 Nov 2017, 19:51

Toshiie wrote:Oh, i forgot to say: The sizables keep the height i placed on PGE, but the Width becomes 64.
Look at these pics:

Спойлер

Extra information: When i started creating the level, everything woked fine, the sizables were working. But then, another day, when i resumed working on the level, the sizables didnt work anymore.
Quick question: are those sizeables showing correctly when you are reopening same level in PGE Editor?
I think, this bug became together with a fix of another issue where every block saved with 38A level file has "auto-scalable" flag (which is default in PGE Editor where size of every block is directly based on size of the sprite frame).

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #5by Toshiie » 16 Nov 2017, 21:03

Wohlstand wrote:Quick question: are those sizeables showing correctly when you are reopening same level in PGE Editor?
I think, this bug became together with a fix of another issue where every block saved with 38A level file has "auto-scalable" flag (which is default in PGE Editor where size of every block is directly based on size of the sprite frame).

Yes, if i got to place the sizables in PGE, and they work, they works correctly when reopening level.

Also, that thing about block size, all i know is: On smbx, we need to scale blocks manually, but on PGE they are auto scaled just like you said, when i place on PGE, they are auto scaled on smbx.

When, sizables stop working normally, the auto-scale of PGE wont apply to smbx (At the same time the sizables glitch, the auto-scale glitches too) , so i need to scale all blocks on SMBX, the auto scale problem is just like the sizable problem.

Oh, almost forgot to say: The sizables and auto-scaling of PGE, works fine when creating a new level, but when i stop making it, and resume making it another day (or maybe after closing PGE and SMBX) it wont work anymore

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #6by Wohlstand » 16 Nov 2017, 21:19

Anyway, I see you are using a bit older version of PGE Editor, please update it, I think, you have no that fix, and I have been remembered that fix I made for 38A level format is avoiding this you have reported here. Please show me your current version (and the build date too, or just simply a screenshot of about dialog).

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #7by Toshiie » 16 Nov 2017, 22:33

Here it is

(I dont remember where i downloaded it from tho)

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #8by Wohlstand » 17 Nov 2017, 11:37

Okay, seems assembly is not so old, and I'll check out that by myself, and if something I will find, I will try to fix that ;-)

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #9by Toshiie » 17 Nov 2017, 11:51

Wohlstand wrote:Okay, seems assembly is not so old, and I'll check out that by myself, and if something I will find, I will try to fix that ;-)

Thanks alot!
I cant wait for it!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #10by Wohlstand » 26 Nov 2017, 3:01

Okay, I have fixed this:
https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project/commit/b3 ... 79f21afe88f743646a92767cae2bd6

The reason was an "autoscale" flag per every block which is default behavior of PGE Editor for any regular blocks are inheriting size of their sprites. As SMBX-38A changes size of every sizeable block which must not happen, I freely can call it as a bug.

Fixed version will appear in laboratory after ~40 minutes at moment when I pushed this. You can use a new online installer and update over through "Laboratory" updates channel.

One note: When you will take a new assembly, to fix already-placed blocks, you must remove them and place again, OR in SMBX38A's editor pick up each block and turn off "autoscale" flag.

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #11by Toshiie » 26 Nov 2017, 4:08

Thanks alot!!!
Now i can make new levels with ease using PGE editor :good:

Oh btw, can i download it directly or i need to build it myself?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #12by Wohlstand » 26 Nov 2017, 6:40

Toshiie wrote:Thanks alot!!!
Now i can make new levels with ease using PGE editor :good:

Oh btw, can i download it directly or i need to build it myself?
Yes, You can download it directly, just go to Laboratory page. Your own build is needed when you are run unsupported Linux distro (for now I have build machine which builds for Ubuntu 14.04, for others is needed to build complete PGE from source code).

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Toshiie M
Good citizen

Post #13by Toshiie » 26 Nov 2017, 17:52

Wohlstand wrote:Yes, You can download it directly, just go to Laboratory page. Your own build is needed when you are run unsupported Linux distro (for now I have build machine which builds for Ubuntu 14.04, for others is needed to build complete PGE from source code).

I downloaded it, the sizable error is gone, that blocks bug is gone too, now i dont need to set size of blocks manually.
Thanks, i hope i didnt give much trouble for you.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer

Post #14by Wohlstand » 26 Nov 2017, 20:30

Toshiie wrote:I downloaded it, the sizable error is gone, that blocks bug is gone too, now i dont need to set size of blocks manually.
Thanks, i hope i didnt give much trouble for you.
Good luck ;-)

I have marked this as "fixed"

Return to “Troubleshooting”