Change font for displayed layer name

Description: Report bugs and ask questions regarding Moondust and libraries here.
Forum rules: Here you can ask any question related to Moondust Project (former PGE Project) components:

Any questions related to SMBX2 project and LunaLua library please ask HERE (SMBX2 subsection)
Any questions related to SMBX-38A (1.4.x) Chinese project please ask HERE (SMBX-38A subsection)
Any questions related to TheXTech Project please ask HERE (Vanilla SMBX and TheXTech subsection)
Moderators: Semi-moderatos, Moderators

Animebryan
Topic author, Good citizen
Good citizen
Animebryan
Good citizen

Post #1by Animebryan » 21 Sep 2022, 1:56

Is there a way to change the god awful font for displayed layer names? Example in the screenshot:
Ugly Font.png

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Youtube channel URL Skype Tencent QQ

Post #2by Wohlstand » 21 Sep 2022, 12:27

Hello!

There is already a task to allow users to change this font as they want:
https://github.com/WohlSoft/Moondust-Project/issues/413

On other hand, I could tweak its default appearance to make it more nicer. Little note: this font has outline because of the requirement to be visible on any background. If the background has the same or closer colour to the font, the font will behave like a chameleon, and you won't read anything. So, the outline is here to avoid this chameleon effect.

Animebryan
Good citizen
Animebryan
Good citizen

Post #3by Animebryan » 21 Sep 2022, 16:54

Yes, I'm aware of that chameleon effect, my mouse cursor has the same effect. However, the outline doesn't need to be that thick. It shouldn't be thicker than 1 pixel. I don't remember the font & that outline being that bad the last time I opened the editor which makes me wonder if it changed during an update.

Return to “Troubleshooting”