The good news for everyone who wants to easily upgrade PGE Project toolchain which is pre-included with SMBX 2.0, without having any troubles!
NOTE: Before to start any updates, after closing of PGE Editor and any other PGE related applications, please open the task manager and kill any "pge_editor.exe" and "smbx.exe" you will find in processes list. It's there a bug that keeps crashed apps be in processes list that will prevent you to correctly update it.
Automatical way (A small script will update PGE in one run for you)
Before to start the process, check the existence of data/PGE/update-pge.cmd file in your SMBX installation. If it is exists, skip all 4 steps and begin the process from the Step 5.
- * Step 1. Download this archive http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/PGE-Updater-For-SMBX-2.0.zip
* Step 2. Unpack contents of downloaded archive into data/PGE/ folder of your SMBX 2.0 folder
* Step 3. Open data/PGE folder in your file manager
* Step 4. Close Editor and other apps (such as Maintainer, Engine, MusPlayer and Playable Calibrator) until start updating
* Step 5. Run the "update-pge.cmd" (or just "update-pge" if extension showing is disabled) file: must appear the black console window with a greeting, and to start the update, just hit any key and wait update completing. On UNIX-like operating system you are able to run this script with Wine CMD. Native Linux or Mac OS X PGE build also can be used, but LunaTester feature which is required for a current version of SMBX 2.0 will not work.
* Epilogue. In next time if you want to update PGE, just run update-pge.cmd again.
Note: wget.exe utility is used to download files by URL from command line. It must have access into network to download PGE update archives. So, be careful with your antiviruses.
If it was treated as a virus, please report me that!
Next SMBX 2.0 Release will already include it and anytime you want to take latest laboratory build of PGE, just run "update-pge.cmd" from data/PGE folder!
Manual way (When script is not able to download anything, you can do everything yourself)
If you can't use automatize script, you are able to update PGE toolchain manually:
- * Download PGE toolchain archive (let's call it as Archive1): http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/_Builds/win32 ... cked/pge-project-dev-win32.zip
* Download special SMBX2-Integration config pack (let's call it as Archive2): http://wohlsoft.ru/docs/_laboratory/config_packs/SMBX-2.0-Integration.zip
* Unpack contents of Archive1's "PGE_Project" folder into data/PGE folder and confirm replacing of all files in it
* Remove everything from the data/PGE/configs/ folder
* Unpack contents of Archive2 into data/PGE/configs/ folder
* Try to launch data/PGE/pge_editor.exe to be sure it starts with no errors and config pack status doesn't reports any errored resources.
P.S> To update standalone package of PGE Project, just use latest Online Installer!