|Platforms:||SMBX on Windows|
|State:||Deprecated, continued as LunaLua|
Kil has written an LunaDLL Tutorial.
In 9th of May, 2013, a user named kil3 released a hack of SMBX which expands the possibilities of what you can do with SMBX.
Later, he named this hack "LunaDLL". With the help of a DLL injection, he forces SMBX to load his code from the DLL he created. In the early versions, there was two hooks: one hook when the level loads and one hook for every frame in a level. With its scripting language, you can make your own modifications.
- Levels can be enhanced with scripts, allowing for previously impossible modifications.
- Simplifies task that was previously hard.
- Total control over the game.
- The scripting language has a low-level and is less flexible than other languages are. It lacks features such as basic variables. Kevsoft has done efforts to solve this problem.
- It requires knowledge on direct memory manipulation.