K-leb
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
K-leb
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #1by K-leb » 8 Apr 2016, 4:12

Hey.
I recently discovered something called the Hello Mario Engine, which uses Game Maker Studio or something as it's platform, and is an open source engine. So people can make SMB games and do whatever they want. It's based almost entirely around SMB3, so it isn't particularly useful for my tastes (SMW all the way).

But what do you guys think about it, if you've heard of it or played with it? It seems pretty powerful, but at the same time something just doesn't right about it... I've heard that a whole bunch of modifications can be done with the right amount of code, so it may be worth using.

I can imagine that the PGE engine/editor would be better once it's developed enough.
One day I'll release a SMBX episode...

Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator

Post #2by Squishy Rex » 8 Apr 2016, 10:43

Yeah the Hello series are known better for they're somewhat bad physics, and of course the multitude of Hello clones. I've played games made with it, and it has quite a lot of content as default, but I'm fairly sure people have made some cool customizations within it in their own games. There are some things in the Hello series I could see being cool to have within PGE as well. The biggest problem for most people, is that Hello clone games have to be made through Game Maker, as opposed to the more simplistic "drag and drop" editor of SMBX or PGE, meaning that sometimes a bit of coding/programming knowledge is needed.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

Glitchy
Good citizen
Good citizen
Glitchy
Good citizen
Good citizen

Post #3by Glitchy » 24 Jan 2017, 22:22

In my opinion, the Hello engine is a rushed mess, even if it does have lots of potential.

RSupertheGreat F
Baron
Baron
RSupertheGreat F
Baron
Baron
Website Facebook Google+ Twitter

Post #4by RSupertheGreat » 29 Jan 2017, 12:40

I swear, I heard it. Not really I swear lol.

Why did Hello uses GameMaker file, it's hard to login/register. I've even tried to login but it doens't work... ugh.. I had to find out the way I could pass of the login after I got an idea.
I'm not interested with Halloween lol, therefore my country didn't celebrate it.
Personality
Yes, I'm a girl. If you guys are thinking I'm a boy.
I have autism and ADHD. Which sometimes, I could easily get misunderstood.
I hate most people.
I don't even have a crush but..
ImageImageImageImage
My level/episode playthrough thread:http://wohlsoft.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=2185

..What are you doing in my signature? Copying my ideas in this? No way!

Return to “Video Games”