Moderator: Moderators

Squishy Rex M
Topic author, Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Topic author, Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator

Post #1by Squishy Rex » 12 Feb 2015, 14:59

I don't if anyone knows of or remembers this game from back in the day, but it was up there with the Crash and Spyro trilogies, earning a sequel itself. Croc was originally a PSX (PS1)/PC game where you take on the form a Croc and go around saving those fuzzy little brown things called Gobbos (Italian for Good Luck Charm). You travel the islands finding all the Gobbos and finally lay siege to Baron Dante's castle and take him down. It's an amazing game with enchanting and haunting music tracks by composer Justin Scharvona. It was developed in the late 90s by now "extinct" developer, Argonaut. They went bankrupt not long after the release of Croc 2 and early design stage of Croc 3: Stone of the Gobbos.

Funnily though, you might see some similarities in Croc with another green character, although you may have never actually known. Croc was originally a 3D game that was to feature Yoshi, however during development, Croc was born and the concept slightly changed.

I must admit, the sequel was basically the same concept except used Hub worlds instead of a Map and was definitely a little harder, however, it just seemed to lose the magic that Legend of the Gobbos had created. It is still definitely worth the play time,but in my opinion, Legend of the Gobbos is a must for anyone who is a fan of old Crash and Spyro games.

Have you played it? Do you still own it?* Feel free to talk about it below.

* If you do still own either Croc 1 or Croc 2 I would recommend taking extremely good care of them, they are becoming increasingly rare for PSX and can easily fetch a handsome price.
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

Return to “Video Games”