My little things:
Because GNU OS uses the Linux kernel, and the target OS naming is GNU/Linux. => After the realization of PGE with a full tool pack and the engine part, SMBX-version of PGE: (PGE with SMBX configs, graphics, musics, sounds, algorithms) will be named SMBX/PGE (not "NSMBX", NOT "SMBX 1.4" etc.).
Don't forget, this is only a collector of ideas and target name we will select when we will be ready for it.
Now project have working name "PGE Project"
- "Platformer Game Engine" (PGE) is current working title, but still be too generic, and also by "PGE" in google you can find: PG&E (energetic company in USA), PGE Arena (a stadium in the Poland), "Polish Energy Group". So, is hard to find in the google. However "PGE by Wohlstand" gives the right result.
- "Kitten Platform Studio" seems unserious, and now I think to growl up project into higher level to let the indie developers use it for making real projects, not only just a child toy (like legacy engine was). In nearest feature is planned to redesign logo to look more prestigious than just a child toy. Even I like cats, but I with my nearest collegues are discussed that is no connection between cat and game engine, and using cat just "because liking cats" is not good way.
- "WohlSoft Platform Game Studio" - just a small idea in my mind which based on title of our community and describing it's purpose. Title seems long and is not so unique (there are LOT of projects with "Studio" word in title, etc.)
- "RetroMaker" (by CaptainSwag101), even interesting title, but our project can be used not only for retro-style games, and also for any other game styles (look at Blade game as graphical design example, even a case of unique gameplay feature like ability to manipulate with a time, etc).
- "Platformer Maker", or "Platformer Creator", or "Platformer Toolkit." (by Mikepjr) seems very generic and not unique