Collection of new NPC suggestions

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Age: 17
Reputation: 78
Posts: 632
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island
  • 7

Post #1by Yoshi021 » 2 Apr 2016, 22:02

This list has stopped being updated.




This topic is for NPCs suggestions for SMBX 1.4.X. Simply make a new topic, if the NPC has not been suggested, for the NPC you want, and I will add it here. Please make sure that you check the list of suggested NPCs and don't suggest already suggested NPCs. If the NPC you wanted to suggest is on the list, please go to the topic it was suggested and post a reply stating you want that NPC and share some ideas you had. I will update the list with every NPC suggestion I find.


Super Mario Bros.
Spoiler
Goal Pole
Spoiler
Image
SMB1 Flagpole/Goal Pole w/ Extra Player Graphics for going down them
Suggested by TryLouBliss

Piranha Plants (Red and Green)
Spoiler
Image
Moving the SMB1 plant npc into a new category (Plant)
Adding the SMB1 upside down plant version
Adding the red piranha plant lost levels versions? (these ones do always pop out)

http://www.mariouniverse.com/sprites/snes/smb
sprites - if necessary - can be found there.
Suggested by ILikeWoods

Venus Fire Trap
Spoiler
Image
Attachment includes these fire spitting piranha plants from SMB1, "converted" by me into all-stars look
original 8 bit rips from Super Mario Maker, ripped by Random Talking Bush

just need to get flipped for right side and turned for upside down version, I hope this stuff is for some use
Suggested by ILikeWoods

Lakitus, Spinies, and Spiny Eggs
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by andreepika1336

Podoboo
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by andreepika1336

Super Mario Bros. 2
Spoiler
Cobrat
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Phanto
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Pidgit
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Autobomb
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by andreepika1336

Flurry
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by andreepika1336

Porcupo
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by andreepika1336

Trouter
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by andreepika1336

Birdo(Red and Green)
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by andreepika1336

Super Mario Bros. 3
Spoiler
Large Treasure Boxes(Found in Toad Houses) and Small Treasure Boxes(Found in Levels)
Spoiler
Image
Image
Chest NPCs from smb3 can allow power ups like the fire flower to be in your inventory without a need of events, there are two kinds, big and small and they function the same.
Suggested by andreepika1336

P-wing
Spoiler
Image
SMB3 P-Wing (One that gives the player power immediately and another that puts it in Mario or Luigi's item box (Instantly powers up for Peach, Toad and Link)
Suggested by TryLouBliss

Koopalings
Spoiler
Image
A few more Koopalings in SMB3 Style (If not all, but Wendy, who throws rings, Lemmy, who throws balls and Roy, who shakes the ground.)
Suggested by TryLouBliss

Buster Beetle
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Fire Nipper Plant
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Fire Snake
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Pile Driver Micro-Goomba
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Rocky Wrenches
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Spike
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King

Stretch
Spoiler
Image
Suggested by Mushroom King


Part 2
Part 3
Last edited by Yoshi021 on 21 May 2016, 18:52, edited 17 times in total.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Reputation: 82
Posts: 327
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Ukraine
Skype YouTube VK
  • -1

Post #2by h2643 » 2 Apr 2016, 23:18

Well if you put a spoiler outside of Squishy Rex's post maybe you should put spoilers outside all other posts instead? :P Would make it much more convinient to navigate through instead of looking at all these images.

Anyway, stickying this I guess? Not really sure what to do with other existing topics though, like, deleting all of them would be kinda rude, and leaving them just wouldn't be right.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Age: 17
Reputation: 78
Posts: 632
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #3by Yoshi021 » 2 Apr 2016, 23:47

I guess you can leave them there for now.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
Reputation: 8
Posts: 71
Joined: 2 Jun 2015

Post #4by andreepika1336 » 3 Apr 2016, 5:56

Bowser in koopa clown car (smw boss), I've bet it will be the most challenging npc to add into the next version....

...And smw versions of lemmy and wendy, they could be the easiest to program into the next version of 5438A38A's smbx.

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #5by ILikeWoods » 3 Apr 2016, 10:29

Don`t get me wrong now, I don`t have bad intentions: Are you are mod (you are not, aren`t you?) or were you told to do so?

I am asking, because I think, it is a little bit confusingly for him. Specially with always edited massive posts. With single and active threads for specific and - if possible - unique requests he can distinguish better, what is done and what is new and in progress. Overall, the forum section is for suggestions of this kind anyway. Why else create a forum section if anything and everything is cramped into a single thread? BTW: What about the bugs section? Kinda same situation...
People just should make sure to proper NAME their threads ...!

Please make sure that you check the previously suggested NPCs
Not just with npcs, but with the overall features. Not everything is even documented within the files. I also once asked about something which was already an existing feature (sound file replacement). Nobody even bothered to "mock me" about that. The old SMBX was already slightly overfilled with features and options. I am "too old" to be over excited about anything to know everything at the end. Some kind of generic tutorial file with examples and help would be nice. Of course it needs to be created first and would need several people to do so, but I would contribute my - tiny? - knowledge. I know there are some people around here to have more than just a clue what can be done and what not, but this is not possible for everybody. I am just beyond that age where is this still possible.

Edit: just saw that afterwards
Anyway, stickying this I guess? Not really sure what to do with other existing topics though, like, deleting all of them would be kinda rude, and leaving them just wouldn't be right.
Well yearh....

Edit 2: I would even say, putting everything in a single thread would end up as a nightmare and chaos for 5438A38A. I don`t know about you, but at least I once got an insight about how it works within software development companies (it was pretty interesting).
http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/
They used this software - maybe an older version but still... they had to create SEVERAL hundred threads for bugs, suggestions and discussions. Of course with proper naming, descriptions and stuff like that. You might guess, a lot of stuff was combined at a later point or even right after the creation of the thread, like "this issue has already been discussed in case nr. bla bla bla". This can happen with a feature massive software. So, unless 5438A38A says otherwise, I would keep it that way. We just have to make sure, to proper name the threads, make CLEAR, what we "want", or what is wrong, with pictures and figures - if possible.
To make a long story short: Somebody needs to moderate this place who has a decent or great knowledge about SMBX in his current state to simplify the work for 5438A38A. This would be a lot of work through...

andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
Reputation: 8
Posts: 71
Joined: 2 Jun 2015

Post #6by andreepika1336 » 3 Apr 2016, 15:41

ILikeWoods wrote:http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/
They used this software - maybe an older version but still... they had to create SEVERAL hundred threads for bugs, suggestions and discussions. Of course with proper naming, descriptions and stuff like that. You might guess, a lot of stuff was combined at a later point or even right after the creation of the thread, like "this issue has already been discussed in case nr. bla bla bla". This can happen with a feature massive software. So, unless 5438A38A says otherwise, I would keep it that way. We just have to make sure, to proper name the threads, make CLEAR, what we "want", or what is wrong, with pictures and figures - if possible.
To make a long story short: Somebody needs to moderate this place who has a decent or great knowledge about SMBX in his current state to simplify the work for 5438A38A. This would be a lot of work through...
So what is the link to 5438A38A's fogbugz website?

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #7by ILikeWoods » 3 Apr 2016, 16:22

There isn`t one ...
I just said while I was working in that software company both the development team and the QA (in some very rare cases other departments as well) used this software. That`s it.

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Age: 17
Reputation: 78
Posts: 632
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #8by Yoshi021 » 3 Apr 2016, 21:17

ILikeWoods wrote:
Spoiler
Don`t get me wrong now, I don`t have bad intentions: Are you are mod (you are not, aren`t you?) or were you told to do so?

I am asking, because I think, it is a little bit confusingly for him. Specially with always edited massive posts. With single and active threads for specific and - if possible - unique requests he can distinguish better, what is done and what is new and in progress. Overall, the forum section is for suggestions of this kind anyway. Why else create a forum section if anything and everything is cramped into a single thread? BTW: What about the bugs section? Kinda same situation...
People just should make sure to proper NAME their threads ...!

Please make sure that you check the previously suggested NPCs
Not just with npcs, but with the overall features. Not everything is even documented within the files. I also once asked about something which was already an existing feature (sound file replacement). Nobody even bothered to "mock me" about that. The old SMBX was already slightly overfilled with features and options. I am "too old" to be over excited about anything to know everything at the end. Some kind of generic tutorial file with examples and help would be nice. Of course it needs to be created first and would need several people to do so, but I would contribute my - tiny? - knowledge. I know there are some people around here to have more than just a clue what can be done and what not, but this is not possible for everybody. I am just beyond that age where is this still possible.

Edit: just saw that afterwards
Anyway, stickying this I guess? Not really sure what to do with other existing topics though, like, deleting all of them would be kinda rude, and leaving them just wouldn't be right.
Well yearh....

Edit 2: I would even say, putting everything in a single thread would end up as a nightmare and chaos for 5438A38A. I don`t know about you, but at least I once got an insight about how it works within software development companies (it was pretty interesting).
http://www.fogcreek.com/fogbugz/
They used this software - maybe an older version but still... they had to create SEVERAL hundred threads for bugs, suggestions and discussions. Of course with proper naming, descriptions and stuff like that. You might guess, a lot of stuff was combined at a later point or even right after the creation of the thread, like "this issue has already been discussed in case nr. bla bla bla". This can happen with a feature massive software. So, unless 5438A38A says otherwise, I would keep it that way. We just have to make sure, to proper name the threads, make CLEAR, what we "want", or what is wrong, with pictures and figures - if possible.
To make a long story short: Somebody needs to moderate this place who has a decent or great knowledge about SMBX in his current state to simplify the work for 5438A38A. This would be a lot of work through...

The thing is that pretty much most NPCs suggested already exist in previous Mario games. Technically, until every single NPC from every Mario game in existence is added, the NPCs selection would be considered "unfinished". I thought that having one topic for all those NPCs could work. If you think it is better to have them all separate and 5438A38A could use feedback provided to check which were more popular than that could still be done. This topic could work as a "database" for all suggested NPCs and people can use it to quickly check what has been suggested before, they make a new topic for their suggestions, and then 5438A38A could choose which to add on the next update.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #9by ILikeWoods » 3 Apr 2016, 22:43

Technically, until every single NPC from every Mario game in existence is added, the NPCs selection would be considered "unfinished".
I somehow agree with you, the point is this: NOT all of my threads are "simple" npc suggestions/requests. Same might apply to other people as well. Suggestions do not limit to "simple" NPC suggestions, specially if the project keeps growing like that with more active users in the future.

viewtopic.php?f=65&t=801
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=765

Something like these ones are "slightly outside of the box"
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=779
viewtopic.php?f=65&t=747
(not my thread, but additional ideas were discussed).

Anyway: I just wanted to express my opinion based on my personal experience. I mean, if he listens to us anyway, we should not throw all of our ideas and bug reports into one bowl expecting him to shift for himself. I just think even if you are doing something for pure fun, you should try to keep order.

This topic could work as a "database" for all suggested NPCs and people can use it to quickly check what has been suggested before
No problem with that one... it would be ignorant of me if I mean to know his approach to work.

Edit: I think I got something wrong. In case you only really meant pure blank npc requests, you might be right. But even in some cases additional descriptions might be needed.

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Age: 17
Reputation: 78
Posts: 632
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #10by Yoshi021 » 3 Apr 2016, 23:37

NOT all of my threads are "simple" npc suggestions/requests
No, this was for NPCs suggestions. The rest of the sub-forum can be for advanced settings and mechanics, but I'm starting to change my mind. With so many NPCs to choose from, 5438A38A best interest to see what NPCs had the most requests to be added. I think I will simply use this topic for people to see the previously requested NPCs so there are not 10 topics wanting the Flagpole, but instead one topic with 9 replies saying that they want the flagpole. Also, I will soon change the OP's layout.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #11by ILikeWoods » 4 Apr 2016, 11:15

Looks better. I can reconcile with your idea now. : )

Mushroom King
Duke
Duke
Mushroom King
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 22
Posts: 133
Joined: 31 Dec 2015

Post #12by Mushroom King » 4 Apr 2016, 22:08

Just a correction about Ice Bros. They debuted in NSMB Wii so they are not in SMB3.

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Age: 17
Reputation: 78
Posts: 632
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #13by Yoshi021 » 5 Apr 2016, 2:27

I know that, but I think it will work better if their art style is from SMB3, since there are the Hammer,Boomerang,Fire, and Sledge. I think it will work better if they look like a recolored Fire Brother.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
Reputation: 8
Posts: 71
Joined: 2 Jun 2015
  • 1

Post #14by andreepika1336 » 5 Apr 2016, 5:05

I've discovered that in this link in DARKMECHH's post, KFCMario mentioned about chatting with 38A and he requested to add a flag pole npc from smb1 to smbx 1.4.2, but because of time constraints, 38A did not have time to make the flag pole sprites for the playables and making the flag pole npc, now, he is working on this npc in smbx 1.4.3.

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Age: 17
Reputation: 78
Posts: 632
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island

Post #15by Yoshi021 » 5 Apr 2016, 5:13

Wow, that is cool. So there are 99% that the flag pole will be in SMBX.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation: 136
Posts: 427
Joined: 9 Nov 2015
Website
  • 1

Post #16by Lx Xzit » 5 Apr 2016, 22:47

andreepika1336 wrote:I've discovered that in this link in DARKMECHH's post, KFCMario mentioned about chatting with 38A and he requested to add a flag pole npc from smb1 to smbx 1.4.2, but because of time constraints, 38A did not have time to make the flag pole sprites for the playables and making the flag pole npc, now, he is working on this npc in smbx 1.4.3.

He said he didn't include it because lack of sprites. Talkiing about this, I was thinking on cooperate for make all the sprites, so that 5438A38A could work in the flagpole much easier. I made these sprites today. What do you guys think about this idea?

Spoiler
Image
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Reputation: 82
Posts: 327
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Ukraine
Skype YouTube VK

Post #17by h2643 » 5 Apr 2016, 22:53

I think the sprites look great, let's hope 5438A38A will see this.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
andreepika1336
Our friend
Our friend
Reputation: 8
Posts: 71
Joined: 2 Jun 2015

Post #18by andreepika1336 » 6 Apr 2016, 0:31

DarkMecha wrote:
andreepika1336 wrote:I've discovered that in this link in DARKMECHH's post, KFCMario mentioned about chatting with 38A and he requested to add a flag pole npc from smb1 to smbx 1.4.2, but because of time constraints, 38A did not have time to make the flag pole sprites for the playables and making the flag pole npc, now, he is working on this npc in smbx 1.4.3.

He said he didn't include it because lack of sprites. Talkiing about this, I was thinking on cooperate for make all the sprites, so that 5438A38A could work in the flagpole much easier. I made these sprites today. What do you guys think about this idea?

Spoiler
Image
what about the other characters?
(Also when a npc idea is in bold, it is set to be added to the next version.)

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Avatar
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Moderator
Age: 17
Reputation: 78
Posts: 632
Joined: 15 Feb 2016
Location: Yoshi's Island
  • 1

Post #19by Yoshi021 » 6 Apr 2016, 3:37

Last edited by Yoshi021 on 16 Apr 2016, 2:42, edited 3 times in total.
Links
ImageImageImage
Image
Image
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
ILikeWoods
Duke
Duke
Reputation: 3
Posts: 124
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #20by ILikeWoods » 6 Apr 2016, 17:31

DarkMecha wrote:
andreepika1336 wrote:I've discovered that in this link in DARKMECHH's post, KFCMario mentioned about chatting with 38A and he requested to add a flag pole npc from smb1 to smbx 1.4.2, but because of time constraints, 38A did not have time to make the flag pole sprites for the playables and making the flag pole npc, now, he is working on this npc in smbx 1.4.3.

He said he didn't include it because lack of sprites. Talkiing about this, I was thinking on cooperate for make all the sprites, so that 5438A38A could work in the flagpole much easier. I made these sprites today. What do you guys think about this idea?

Spoiler
Image
Wow, how did you do that anyway? I always wondered, how to do these kind of sprites.

BTW: from NSMB onwards Mario also can use these horizontal ropes and can move hand over hand along them (pretty sure that`s one of these gamefeatures). Looks like in the Donkey Kong Country games. Say, can you do these kind of sprites as well, that is, if you approve of that suggestion/request/idea ...


Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”

Who is online (over the past 5 minutes)

Users browsing this forum: 1 guest