16:9/720p ratio?

Description: Have any suggestions or new ideas for SMBX-38A? This is a place for you. Good suggestions may appear in future versions of SMBX-38A.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Topic author, Close friend
Close friend
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Close friend
Website Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #1by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 18 Jul 2017, 18:44

I think the game start using a 720p ratio. Any levels at their normal size levels could have a border around it (I.e. SMB2 character select).

Plus I think that every graphic, collision, game window, etc. should be at its original size (1x1) to prevent having to resize to just have it not be 1x1, then you'll be able to resize the graphics based on the level window. Basically, make it so that people don't have to resize graphics by 200%. This would help a lot and definitely would get a lot of people to stop complaining about 1x1 pixels on graphics, because they'll be 1x1 in the first place!
Hey guys! I'm not dead! I'm only a little rotten, but I'm just as stupid and idiotic as ever! :comando:
While you're looking at this wonderful and completely pointless thing with a signature attached to it, and since you decided to read it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

My Discord tag: beanluv#2197

Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #2by Turret 3471 » 18 Jul 2017, 19:21

man, a widescreen ratio is something I've wanted since 1.3. I really hope they can implement it into the game sometime.

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 18 Jul 2017, 22:26

Interestingly, if you use Windows 7 you can play SMBX in 16:9 when fullscreen is activated
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Turret 3471 M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #4by Turret 3471 » 18 Jul 2017, 23:02

Lx Xzit wrote:Interestingly, if you use Windows 7 you can play SMBX in 16:9 when fullscreen is activated
wait, really?... huh.

Spoiler
just adding a little note, I've seen SMBX videos before in a 16:9 720p ratio, but it's only because the uploaders stretched the footage to fit that video size.

EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Close friend
EXEcutor-The-Bat M
Close friend
Website Google+ Twitter YouTube

Post #5by EXEcutor-The-Bat » 28 Jul 2017, 3:58

Lx Xzit wrote:Interestingly, if you use Windows 7 you can play SMBX in 16:9 when fullscreen is activated
Doesn't it just stretch the graphics?

Also, it seems kinda wrong to have to resize sprites by 200% just so people don't bitch about how 1x1 pixels clash.
Hey guys! I'm not dead! I'm only a little rotten, but I'm just as stupid and idiotic as ever! :comando:
While you're looking at this wonderful and completely pointless thing with a signature attached to it, and since you decided to read it, why not check out my DeviantArt page?

My Discord tag: beanluv#2197

Return to “Ideas & Suggestions”