Bad World Map and Coin Placement

Description: Report bugs and ask questions regarding SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

Alvespires M
Topic author, Count
Count
Alvespires M
Topic author, Count
Count

Post #1by Alvespires » 18 Jul 2017, 15:46

Hello,Guys.I'm not leaving the forum,I'm just not with time to go on it. Why I'm not posting anymore? That's personal. Just spect me to do very few posts.

But here, I want to ask a thing. I see very good maps on SMBX. I want some hints to make better maps in overall, and how to place stuff on it to make it look interessanting. On my maps,either it's boring, has too much on it at all once, or some places has lots of things where some places are almost empty. If someone could give me hints, it could be great.

Another thing I need is hints for coin placement. I'm just too bad at that too,can someone help?
"This giant fish is a mouth breeder, so it spits babies out of its mouth at Mario." - Nintendo Power Strategy Guide for Super Mario Bros. 3, page 9.

I support:

Lx Xzit M
Lx Xzit M
Website

Post #2by Lx Xzit » 18 Jul 2017, 22:17

1- This place is for reporting bugs/troubleshootings of SMBX 1.4.4, so you better post this in the SMBX 1.4 general subforum instead
2- Could you show us some of your work? It's a bit hard give approciate hints without knowing the kind of work you do
3- Regarding hints for coins placements, it's not that hard, just put some coins in the areas you feel that are empty or in the areas you think would be interesting to reach (for example I like put coins above blocks on in parts where the player needs jump). But, always avoid put too many coins in the same place, you better put the coins in small groups
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

Return to “Troubleshooting”