Multiplayer bugs

Description: Report bugs and ask questions regarding SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #1by Lx Xzit » 22 Jun 2017, 8:45

1- If a level has a warp entrance, both players will appear at the same time, they should appear one after the other, with a delay for at least two seconds:
Spoiler

2- This problem happens in the following exits:
-SMB2 Boss Exit
-SMB3 Star Exit
-SMB3 Boss Exit
-SMw Keyhole Exit

When a player get an exit, the camera should focus only in the player who grab it, however this only happens in the SMB3-roulette, SMW (normal) and SMB1 Flagpole exits when this should happen in all. It feels wrong and the other player (the one who don't got the exit) won't be able to move (seems like the keys will be disabled) and it's still able to die:

Spoiler

SUGGESTION: For the SMB1 Flagpole Exit, it would be more polished if the camera focuses in the player who touched the flag in the moment it touched it and not when the player finished sliding. I think this could be improved.

Current system:
Spoiler

Suggested system:
Spoiler

3- The player who got teleported (using autosccroll) should blinks until the other player move out, but currently when the other teleports it does not blink, making both players be fired to opposite sides:

In SMBX 1.4.4:
Spoiler

In SMBX 1.3:
Spoiler

4- The autoscroll system (when two players are playing) should always force to the other player to teleport where is the autoscroll activated, in the same position as the player is.

In SMBX 1.4 the second player won't teleport if it's in another section, and if he's in the same section, the autoscroll will move the camera to the other player where the autoscroll is:
Spoiler

In SMBX 1.3, the second player is always teleported, and if it's in the same section if will do the same, I'd suggest leave the things as they was before:
Spoiler

5- In world map, two players are able to choose the same character (pausing the game and pressing left or right:

Spoiler

6- I'm not sure if this is a bug, I guess it's rather a suggestion. There's something has bothered me a lot since SMBX 1.3 and I wish it could be fixed. I hate when this happens:

Spoiler

If two players are in the exactly exact position, instead of shooting both players like they were imans of the same polarity, could please this be replaced with a more friendly system? fox example, like happens in NSMBwii, players will just move a bit to the side:

Spoiler

This only would apply for doors and pipes with bottom exit. The idea is giving a bit more space to the other player. moving one player 14 pixels to the left and other 14 to the right for example. In this gif I used a script to doing it, it's not completely accurate but I hope it helps to explain
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

Greendan M
Count
Count
Greendan M
Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #2by Greendan » 22 Jun 2017, 13:32

Or for the flagpole, after one of the players touches it, there should be at least 3 seconds waiting for the other player to reach it, just like in NSMBWii. And after that, if the other player fails to reach it on time, the camera have to focus on the player, who already reached it and then slide down the pole.
Current Project:

Favourite Catchphrase:
You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Topic author, Moderator
Website

Post #3by Lx Xzit » 22 Jun 2017, 20:45

It sounds great! however, if both players have a mount (like shoes) how both players will mount again on their shoes? this system only would work correctly with one single player
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

Greendan M
Count
Count
Greendan M
Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #4by Greendan » 22 Jun 2017, 20:57

The player, situated higher on the pole, will wait for the one situated lower to mount again on his shoe. And then the secound one is ready to do the same.
Current Project:

Favourite Catchphrase:
You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

Return to “Troubleshooting”