SMBX 1.4.4 patch 1 bug: tileset editor runtime error 9 - subscript OoR

Description: Report bugs and ask questions regarding SMBX-38A here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

SmokeyTheBandicoot
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
SmokeyTheBandicoot
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Reputation: 6
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 Feb 2017

Post #1by SmokeyTheBandicoot » 24 Feb 2017, 17:30

SMBX 1.4.4 Patch 1 (currently latest)

bug: SMBX crashes with runtime error 9 - subscript out of range

steps to reproduce:
1) open any saved level
2) open tileset editor
3) create a new custom tileset (tileset, form, outer and inner frames)
4) start editing
5) cannot say the exact steps to crash the game, but it seems that always happens when I double-click somewhere in the tileset editor window. I reproduced it like 5 times and it always happened when double-clicking, but at different locations. Not sure what causes this, still trying to reproduce a sixth time, without success.

Screenshot (18).png



EDIT: I'm doing progress and it seems to be related to double-clicking this area in particular:
test.png


It does not always happen, though, it may require some minutes to reproduce. It happened for the first time when I accidentally double-clicked that area, not sure if the two things are linked.

Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation: 137
Posts: 432
Joined: 9 Nov 2015
Website

Post #2by Lx Xzit » 24 Feb 2017, 21:25

I also had the second clash you mentioned but only the first time I used the editor, I also got a clash when I was droppin my item from the inventary, but I tried to replicate thes bugs and I couldn't, that's why I didn't reported them
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

SmokeyTheBandicoot
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
SmokeyTheBandicoot
Topic author, Nice citizen
Nice citizen
Reputation: 6
Posts: 12
Joined: 24 Feb 2017

Post #3by SmokeyTheBandicoot » 24 Feb 2017, 22:50

Yes, they seem to be hard to reproduce, but if they never get reported, they might be never fixed. Let's hope for the best!

Shadowblitz16
Close friend
Close friend
Shadowblitz16
Close friend
Close friend
Reputation: 13
Posts: 93
Joined: 15 Aug 2016

Post #4by Shadowblitz16 » 5 Mar 2017, 5:52

I can confirm this.
it seems to happen randomly when clicking around the tile editor.

Greendan M
Count
Count
Avatar
Greendan M
Count
Count
Age: 16
Reputation: 67
Posts: 284
Joined: 26 Apr 2015
Location: Planet Caturn
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #5by Greendan » 7 Mar 2017, 19:02

Hmm? I made my own custom tileset and I didn't got any problems like this. :wacko:
Image
Current Project:
Image
Website: https://supermariobrosxgreendanedition.alle.bg

Favourite Catchphrase:
You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

Image
Image
Image


I Support:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Lx Xzit M
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation: 137
Posts: 432
Joined: 9 Nov 2015
Website

Post #6by Lx Xzit » 7 Mar 2017, 20:15

greencat wrote:Hmm? I made my own custom tileset and I didn't got any problems like this. :wacko:
DId you get it work? because all of the custo tilesets I made don't seems work, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if this feature is not available because of a bug
VISIT MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL! LX XZIT

Greendan M
Count
Count
Avatar
Greendan M
Count
Count
Age: 16
Reputation: 67
Posts: 284
Joined: 26 Apr 2015
Location: Planet Caturn
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #7by Greendan » 7 Mar 2017, 21:24

Lx Xzit wrote:
greencat wrote:Hmm? I made my own custom tileset and I didn't got any problems like this. :wacko:
DId you get it work? because all of the custo tilesets I made don't seems work, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if this feature is not available because of a bug
I can successully make a tileset, but I can't use it. When I select it as my current tileset it doesn't work. Whenever I click on Blocks/NPCs/BGOs tabs nothing shows up. :(
You can select your custom tileset when you click on: Editor Settings > Current Tileset > *Your Tileset*, but it's not working :cry:

But i didn't get any problems while making the tileset
Image
Current Project:
Image
Website: https://supermariobrosxgreendanedition.alle.bg

Favourite Catchphrase:
You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

Image
Image
Image


I Support:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Toshiie M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Avatar
Toshiie M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Age: 15
Reputation: 2
Posts: 24
Joined: 6 Nov 2017

Post #8by Toshiie » 9 Nov 2017, 0:17

SmokeyTheBandicoot wrote:SMBX 1.4.4 Patch 1 (currently latest)

bug: SMBX crashes with runtime error 9 - subscript out of range

steps to reproduce:
1) open any saved level
2) open tileset editor
3) create a new custom tileset (tileset, form, outer and inner frames)
4) start editing
5) cannot say the exact steps to crash the game, but it seems that always happens when I double-click somewhere in the tileset editor window. I reproduced it like 5 times and it always happened when double-clicking, but at different locations. Not sure what causes this, still trying to reproduce a sixth time, without success.

Screenshot (18).png


EDIT: I'm doing progress and it seems to be related to double-clicking this area in particular:
test.png

It does not always happen, though, it may require some minutes to reproduce. It happened for the first time when I accidentally double-clicked that area, not sure if the two things are linked.
The crash happened to me too, but when i was reducing the height of the tileset :facepalm:
I still managed to make my tileset work though :
Spoiler
ImageImage

Added after 1 minute 24 seconds:
Lx Xzit wrote:
greencat wrote:Hmm? I made my own custom tileset and I didn't got any problems like this. :wacko:
DId you get it work? because all of the custo tilesets I made don't seems work, I wonder if I'm doing something wrong or if this feature is not available because of a bug
Hey, i have a secret for it to work, hehehe its pretty easy!
You double the original tileset, and edit it, adding the custom tilesets you want to.
Image
Image
Image


Return to “Troubleshooting”

Who is online (over the past 5 minutes)

Users browsing this forum: 1 guest