Ying-Yang

Description: Place for SMBX-38A levels. You can also post them here.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator

Post #1by Yoshi021 » 11 May 2017, 6:00

A level I had finished a while ago but ended incompatible when 1.4.4 Patch 1 came out. Luckily, this level now works in patch 2, so now you play this level too!

images

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w7t7ogbc21bceet/Ying-Yang.zip
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Greendan M
Count
Count
Greendan M
Count
Count
Website Google+ Skype YouTube

Post #2by Greendan » 22 May 2017, 17:38

I remember when I played this level when I tryed to find a way to fix the encypted verion a few months ago. it was incredible! :) The idea, gimmics and the scripts - everything was amazing! :biggrin:
Current Project:

Favourite Catchphrase:
You've cat to be kitten me right meow!

I Support:

Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator
Yoshi021 M
Topic author, Moderator

Post #3by Yoshi021 » 22 May 2017, 19:45

Thank you.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

TheDinoKing M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen
TheDinoKing M
Nice citizen
Nice citizen

Post #4by TheDinoKing » 2 Jun 2017, 18:12

phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qNuVSyZnkE

This was a cool level but it leaves a lot to be desired.
I enjoyed the first section as it introduced the gimmick somewhat decently, and it used it for a puzzle. I would have liked the rest of the level to be focused on puzzles.
The section seconds is where the problems starts. First of all the gimmick changes to be based on time and not position. This would have okay but the level throws in hazards immediately without warning, causing the player to get hit or die. This is main issue about the level, is that the player requires information to beat the level, information that one gets by dying.
Also the leap of faith after the first thwomp is just plain unnecessary, it should be removed.
The third section is alright despite being much easier than the sections before.
Then it's the boss, and this is where most of the problems lie. Firstly, the best part of the boss was the bullet bill section as it didn't require one to be a psychic and it went well with the level's gimmick. However some of it was just plain unfair, for example right after the thwomp part a podoboo will immediately attack you which you wouldn't know beforehand. Also the changing gravity with the rinkas was annoying as the gravity can change unexpectedly causing the player to get unfairly hit by the rinka.

Well that's my thoughts on the level. Overall it has potential and it did have lots of fun moments, but it has too much trial and error for me to enjoy fully.
I give it a 6.5/10.

Return to “Levels”