[Released] Super Mario Bros. X by 38A v. 1.4.4 - Patch 2

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
Website

Post #441by the GaMERDoG » 28 Apr 2017, 6:16

EXEcutor wrote:Yeah... I can't go into Maximum Level Window mode... It's greyed out... Anybody help?
screenshot pls
#thatoneplasticcorkcollectingautist

ImageImageImage

Check out my Artwork Train!
I support
The Great Giana's Adventure
ImageA Super Mario Bros. Adventure 1

Ariinui
Our friend
Our friend
Ariinui
Our friend
Our friend

Post #442by Ariinui » 28 Apr 2017, 6:49

personally, i think that the option tha make that When you hover the cursor in the top of an object, you'll see some information about it should be optional and you can desactivate it, it's sometime anoying

HumanReploidJP M
Good citizen
Good citizen
HumanReploidJP M
Good citizen
Good citizen
Website

Post #443by HumanReploidJP » 28 Apr 2017, 11:40

Anyone know the music name ya hear? Let me know.
Please respond! :to_keep_order:

The music starts at 7 seconds.
whats the music.mp4 (4.38 MiB) Viewed 265 times
Hi! How y'all doing? Here to make levels and single episode for SMBX 1.4.X that will be coming soon. Have fun!

Current SMBX 1.4 Project: Super Mario Bros. X Team Arceo - Prismarine Legend
Next Project (Soon): Super Mario Bros. X Team Arceo 2 - Continent of Festivity

austinsanims
Passerby
Passerby
austinsanims
Passerby
Passerby

AV says smbx 1.4.3 has a virus

Post #444by austinsanims » 29 Apr 2017, 22:45

Is this false?

the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
Website

Post #445by the GaMERDoG » 30 Apr 2017, 6:37

austinsanims wrote:Is this false?
Yes, but the EXE is packed with PECompact.

ImageImageImage

I support

IT.GAMER M
Passerby
Passerby
IT.GAMER M
Passerby
Passerby
Website Skype VK

ERROR (Patch 2)

Post #446by IT.GAMER » 1 May 2017, 14:28

After installing the second patch, I get an error when entering the level editor. How to fix? :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS:

Added after 1 hour 6 minutes:
IT.GAMER wrote:After installing the second patch, I get an error when entering the level editor. How to fix? :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS:

Opened the account "Administrator". Under it was able to run the level editor. Everything works perfectly. I understand that the problem is in my account, but I do not know where to look for it. :(
[img]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/837/796/d08.gif[/img] :cool:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #447by Wohlstand » 1 May 2017, 16:50

IT.GAMER wrote:After installing the second patch, I get an error when entering the level editor. How to fix? :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS: :SOS:

Opened the account "Administrator". Under it was able to run the level editor. Everything works perfectly. I understand that the problem is in my account, but I do not know where to look for it. :(
You must set the rights to users to allow everything to folder where you unpacked the game,
or simply, put your SMBX installation into %UserProfile% folder (I.e. C:\Users\<YourName>\)

IT.GAMER M
Passerby
Passerby
IT.GAMER M
Passerby
Passerby
Website Skype VK

Post #448by IT.GAMER » 2 May 2017, 8:11

Wohlstand wrote:

You must set the rights to users to allow everything to folder where you unpacked the game,
or simply, put your SMBX installation into %UserProfile% folder (I.e. C:\Users\<YourName>\)

Now another trouble, at saving of a level (with a card of the world that's all right) this error flies out.

Added after 4 hours 50 minutes:
ALL IS WELL
IT.GAMER wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:

Now another trouble, at saving of a level (with a card of the world that's all right) this error flies out.

I downloaded the engine, replaced all the files in my build and it all worked. I do not know where the problem was, but I hope these two points that were described above will help other users. :cool: :music: :hi:
[img]http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/837/796/d08.gif[/img] :cool:

DJFMHD
Passerby
Passerby
DJFMHD
Passerby
Passerby

Editor Broken

Post #449by DJFMHD » 3 May 2017, 1:16

I was able play this game before but i took a break. I came back a few months later and realized 1.4.4 came out so. So i opened the level editor and i could not place anything i could add music and backgrounds. So i knew that i still had 1.4.3 on my computer so i opened that and i still could not place anything. So i looked on the internet and i found nothing about it. So i checked 1.3 and the editor worked. I downloaded 1.4.4 multiple times and the editor still did not work. So i came here. I think I am doing something wrong but i just came here just in case. I want to play this game again so please tell me if there is some settings or files i do not have. So can you help me. Also good game.

the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
Website

Post #450by the GaMERDoG » 3 May 2017, 8:43

DJFMHD wrote:I was able play this game before but i took a break. I came back a few months later and realized 1.4.4 came out so. So i opened the level editor and i could not place anything i could add music and backgrounds. So i knew that i still had 1.4.3 on my computer so i opened that and i still could not place anything. So i looked on the internet and i found nothing about it. So i checked 1.3 and the editor worked. I downloaded 1.4.4 multiple times and the editor still did not work. So i came here. I think I am doing something wrong but i just came here just in case. I want to play this game again so please tell me if there is some settings or files i do not have. So can you help me. Also good game.
Do you have "Disable Editing" on?

ImageImageImage

I support

DJFMHD
Passerby
Passerby
DJFMHD
Passerby
Passerby

Post #451by DJFMHD » 3 May 2017, 18:52

the GaMERDoG wrote:
DJFMHD wrote:I was able play this game before but i took a break. I came back a few months later and realized 1.4.4 came out so. So i opened the level editor and i could not place anything i could add music and backgrounds. So i knew that i still had 1.4.3 on my computer so i opened that and i still could not place anything. So i looked on the internet and i found nothing about it. So i checked 1.3 and the editor worked. I downloaded 1.4.4 multiple times and the editor still did not work. So i came here. I think I am doing something wrong but i just came here just in case. I want to play this game again so please tell me if there is some settings or files i do not have. So can you help me. Also good game.
Where is that setting at?

the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
the GaMERDoG M
Count
Count
Website

Post #452by the GaMERDoG » 4 May 2017, 6:57

DJFMHD wrote:
the GaMERDoG wrote:
Click "Editor Settings" first.

ImageImageImage

I support

DJFMHD
Passerby
Passerby
DJFMHD
Passerby
Passerby

Post #453by DJFMHD » 4 May 2017, 15:57

the GaMERDoG wrote:
DJFMHD wrote:
the GaMERDoG wrote:
Click "Editor Settings" first.
I opened the editor and checked editor settings and disable editing is off.

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #454by Yoshi021 » 6 May 2017, 7:52

Could you show some specs of your computer?
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

IT.GAMER M
Passerby
Passerby
IT.GAMER M
Passerby
Passerby
Website Skype VK

STARS! Counter.

Post #455by IT.GAMER » 15 May 2017, 13:37

How to create a star count to see how many stars are collected and how many stars are left?

glitch4
Citizen
Citizen
glitch4
Citizen
Citizen

Post #456by glitch4 » 18 May 2017, 19:44

I feel bad for 38a for not using lua :(

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #457by Catskart » 18 May 2017, 20:11

glitch4 wrote:I feel bad for 38a for not using lua :(

Don't worry, you have always Teascript, if you want to learn this.

glitch4
Citizen
Citizen
glitch4
Citizen
Citizen

Post #458by glitch4 » 18 May 2017, 20:45

I'll probably try making some good levels using it. :)

Catskart M
Count
Count
Catskart M
Count
Count

Post #459by Catskart » 18 May 2017, 21:37

glitch4 wrote:I'll probably try making some good levels using it. :)

You can see this basic tutorial for teascript : viewtopic.php?f=66&t=1644

And you can see the scripting help, it's very useful.

Firewalken
Passerby
Passerby
Firewalken
Passerby
Passerby

Post #460by Firewalken » 22 May 2017, 8:51

Google Translate:

Moved from version 1.3.1 to 1.4.4 and found several unpleasant updates.
1. Pet Dragon dragging out the second character (sitting), places it under the texture (which leads to death).
2. Clockwork toy from the battle of games now deals damage when you push it
3. The link receives bomb damage before it manages to collect
4. Sometimes blocks can not be knocked out by hitting it in the edge (that would have to be knocked out to hit exactly in the center)
5. on one of the levels, the bombs flying out of the pipe, pass through the mario, flying over his head.
To get rid of these bugs, you need to return to 1.3.1, or between 1.3.1 and 1.4.4 there is a version without such errors?

Original:

Перешел с версии 1.3.1 на 1.4.4 и обнаружил несколько неприятных обновлений.
1. питомец Дракон выплевывая второго персонажа (сидя), помещает его под текстуру (что приводит к смерти).
2. Заводная игрушка из битва игр теперь наносит урон когда ее толкаешь
3. Линк получает урон от бомб до того как успевает их собрать
4. иногда блоки невозможно выбить ударив его в край (что бы выбить нужно ударить ровно в центр)
5. на одном из уровней, бомбы вылетая из трубы, проходят сквозь марио, вылетая у него над головой.
Что бы избавиться от этих багов, нужно вернуться на 1.3.1 или же между 1.3.1 и 1.4.4 есть версия без таких ошибок?

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”