Math Game (01) Reward?

Description: Subforum dedicated to SMBX-38A - a fan-made remake of the original SMBX Engine, made by 5438A38A.
Forum rules: This is official Europan/American community for the SMBX-38A. Suggested to don't post stuff for this engine outside this subforum.
Moderators: Yoshi021, Lx Xzit, 5438A38A, TepigFan101, Moderators

SgwySpeedrcr
Topic author, Good citizen
Good citizen
SgwySpeedrcr
Good citizen

Post #1by SgwySpeedrcr » 11 Sep 2017, 17:09

I need very specific clarification on if you can edit the hitboxes/collisions of the players using the math minigame (id 01) reward.

I am doing a lot of Super Mario World spriting, and I am having to overhaul them pixel by pixel to work in SMBX. Large SMW mario must be shrunk by a layer of two pixels to look reasonable when replacing the smb3 mario's height. I also have to adjust the y position of SMA 2 luigi to match mario.

The point is, I can do all the spriting without this collision/hitbox editing. But editing 24 player sheets takes an insane amount of time to commit, and I want to be 100% certain that i need to shrink all my mario and luigi sprites for smbx 1.4.4.

I would hate to do all that work then realize it wasnt necessary.

According to other posts, several people have beaten this minigame. What is the difference between 1.4.4 LITE gfx offset editor and the fully unlocked 1.4.4 GFX editor?

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #2by Yoshi021 » 13 Sep 2017, 5:12

I have the full version, and I can't find a difference between the two...
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

SgwySpeedrcr
Good citizen
SgwySpeedrcr
Good citizen

Post #3by SgwySpeedrcr » 13 Sep 2017, 6:23

Yoshi021 wrote:I have the full version, and I can't find a difference between the two...

well that is depressing :/ Thank you very much for your reply!!

If I made full-sized SMA2 sprites for Mario and Luigi (all 24 sheets!) and submitted them under "ideas and suggestions", would 38A consider putting them as options in the game? I would love to put the work in if I knew it would added in.

I really am loyal to 1.4.4 and to 38A, but it makes me sad seeing the feature of being able to modify the player's collisions available in both 1.3 and 2.0, but not 1.4.4 (which I happen to prefer the most).

Return to “Super Mario Bros. X by 38A (SMBX-38A)”