List of NPCs SMBX 1.3 does not include

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderator: Moderators

Squishy Rex M
Topic author, Advanced Moderator
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator

Post #1by Squishy Rex » 17 Apr 2014, 16:47

The title may be a little hard to understand, but what I have done is, is make a list of NPCs that is not in SMBX 1.3. This covers SMB1, SMB2 Japan, SMB2 USA, SMB3, SMW, SMA and SMA4. This list could be used in later development of the engine/editor as a checklist to make possibly a complete NPC bank for each of SMB1, SMB2, SMB3 and SMW. It contains every single NPC from each game that is not already in SMBX. This includes Flagpoles and the Angry Sun for instance. The list is set into each game, therfore there is a list for SMB1 NPCs, SMB2 and so on. It may be helpful for something down the track, even maybe for deciding what new elements should be added once a replica of SMBX 1.3 has been completed. I may update this list into a easier to read table.
Attachments
What's Not In SMBX.odt
(15.48 KiB) Downloaded 717 times
Squishy Rex's CGFX Pack v1.7
To show your support add any of these Userbars to your Signature!

Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount
Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #2by Veudekato » 17 Apr 2014, 19:08

Well, this a list of NPCs that you want to get in the new engine?
Not bad,not bad, But i dont know most of this. New engine must contains npc configs (algorithm), i dont know all this algorithms. I think this good idea. Many of this i can make in smbx (with events and layers) PM me if you want any things. +1
My channel (PlatGEnWohl news and tutorials , smbx tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

CaptainSwag101 M
CaptainSwag101 M
YouTube

Post #3by CaptainSwag101 » 17 Apr 2014, 22:33

Just an FYI, but I think the reason that the rest of the Koopa kids aren't in SMBX is mainly because most (not all, just most) of them behave the same way. However, I think adding Wendy O. Koopa would be nice, because she and Lemmy Koopa (I think) behave differently from the rest.
--The Captain of Swag

Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator

Post #4by Squishy Rex » 18 Apr 2014, 3:07

Veudekato:
This isn't a list of what I want, it is just a full list of what SMBX does not already have to offer and what could be considered for addition. Though don't get me wrong, if we could add everything on that list, it would be by far the most superior Mario Editor around. There is only a few things I want, which I posted in the Help and Support topic.

Captainswag101: I would definitely agree with Wendy O Koopa and Lemmy Koopa, though I think from memory, that either Morton or Roy could create shockwaves like a Sledge Bros when they land. Even if not it would be cool if we could make them do that.

I also forgot two NPCs on the list:
Fire Nipper
Winged Boom Boom

Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount
Veudekato M
Viscount
Viscount

Post #5by Veudekato » 18 Apr 2014, 13:04

This are not mario editor. this editor Fully compatible with famous SMBX and he have smbx's Algorithmus of npc. Rex,thanks for fix text (i type in PM you)
My channel (PlatGEnWohl news and tutorials , smbx tests):
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6h-42umT14iR1wa3VkOs3Q

Meowflash M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Meowflash M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #6by Meowflash » 10 Aug 2014, 16:39

There should be a Percy Persimmon NPC from "Princess Tomato At The Salad Kingdom".

ImperatoreXx M
Our friend
Our friend
ImperatoreXx M
Our friend
Our friend

Post #7by ImperatoreXx » 18 Aug 2014, 12:26

hello has all, Squishy Rex to reason that in the sense that if one should analyze all editors that have come out of super mario we note that:
1) all have the same npc but one thing missing are the costumes
<Swimsuit: variants that may have npc such as: Gomba: SMB1, smb2 etc..>
2) in all the missing npc editor of the famous games of the series mario as: sml, sml2, wario land, etc. ..
3) lack several tresformazioni the most recent onwards.
what I'm saying in essence is that if plangentwolf manages to seamlessly integrate all of npc a good part of series of mario and a good part of this new blocks will be the editor more nextgen seen until now!

Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator
Squishy Rex M
Advanced Moderator

Post #8by Squishy Rex » 18 Aug 2014, 13:15

Well, yes. If all of this was to be added, then it would be the best and most complete Editor around for Mario generally, although all Mario content will be null and void to avoid any copyright issues that Wohlstand has already addressed. However, though, since this will be Open-Source, if you know how to code, you could be able to add these things yourself, if some of this stuff never does end up in the editor.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #9by Wohlstand » 18 Aug 2014, 13:45

Squishy Rex, the SMBX-version of PGE (with Mario content) will be published only via one of SMBX Communities forum. Also it'll be a "SMBX Extended" config, which will be a new version of the SMBX staff's changes and will be like the SMBX successor.

ImperatoreXx M
Our friend
Our friend
ImperatoreXx M
Our friend
Our friend

Post #10by ImperatoreXx » 18 Aug 2014, 21:57

in that sense smbx extended? Can you explain me better!
Thank you!

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #11by Wohlstand » 18 Aug 2014, 22:20

ImperatoreXx wrote:in that sense smbx extended? Can you explain me better!
Thank you!
"SMBX Extended" - is a name of planned config pack which I will make with engine part. It will be a successor of the "SMBX 1.3" config which contains all original SMBX stuff. "SMBX Extended" will not be compatible with original SMBX.
New config will:
- use PNG image format as default, without using of the mask images, only internal transparency.
- will contain new NPCs, blocks, BGOs, etc, and also exists SMBXs NPCs will be fixed (for example, SMW koopas and Big Boo have more frames in its sprites, like turning animation, and spike top have more frames too).
Current "SMBX 1.3" config is using the old SMBX's stuff and parameters, and fully compatible with SMBX.
All already exists SMBX's episodes will be used with "SMBX 1.3" config.
All new episodes with using of the new PGE's technologies will be created with using of the "SMBX Extended" config, and will not be compatible with original SMBX, because:
- difference frames of the item sprites
- difference image formats
- difference pre-defined item numbers ("SMBX Extended" will have more items than "SMBX 1.3")
- and because old LVL/WLD files can't accept a new data fields, will be used the LVLX/WLDX file formats as default.

ImperatoreXx M
Our friend
Our friend
ImperatoreXx M
Our friend
Our friend

Post #12by ImperatoreXx » 19 Aug 2014, 0:18

thanks!Good job my community friends! :clapping: :clapping:

Return to “Engine Development”