Samus as a Character?

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderator: Moderators

Is this a good idea?

Yes
89%
No
11%

Total voters: 9
Mista_Epic
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby
Mista_Epic
Topic author, Passerby
Passerby

Post #1by Mista_Epic » 3 Sep 2014, 20:28

Basically, I think Samus should be a character. She'd start off as Zero Suit Samus using her whip like Link's Sword, then get a suit and use her Arm Canon like Link's Sword. Almost like Link mixed with Toad. The only reason I request this is because of custom graphic uses. It could be used to make an awesome Mega Man, or maybe a Solid Snake.

tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis
tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #2by tb1024 » 3 Sep 2014, 20:53

If Wohl implement it, I think we should provide a free "as in freedom" replacement.
This will not be a SMBX clone, as we will be able to change the internal Lua functions to change it to a Sonic/Mega Man engine without actually getting the GitHub source.
Besides, having Samus and its FOS replacement is a good idea, I think.
Do you want fries with that?
Mal posso esperar para a versão final da engine de Wolhstand!
English Translation
I can't wait for Wohlstand's Engine final version :D

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #3by Wohlstand » 3 Sep 2014, 21:07

Samus as Samus can be in the SMBXtended config pack, which I will do together with engine part. But default config pack which will be published officially with PGE should be FOSS, and tb1024 right ;-)
Also don't forget about Talkhaus ;-)

Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer
Kevsoft M
Angry developer
Angry developer

Post #4by Kevsoft » 3 Sep 2014, 21:11

Might be good, but I don't agree with Wohlstand. It shouldn't be included in SMBXtended as Samus has a lot of special powers. Also she can shoot which gives her a huge advantage.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.start() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Wohlstand in interview:
Spoiler

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ Signature.end() ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #5by Wohlstand » 3 Sep 2014, 21:19

Kevsoft wrote:Might be good, but I don't agree with Wohlstand. It shouldn't be included in SMBXtended as Samus has a lot of special powers. Also she can shoot which gives her a huge advantage.
Therefore will be created another config pack, where will be a shooting platform games where NPC's will be more stronger and game play will bases on collected weapons and ammunitions instead power-ups like Mario games.

tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis
tb1024 M
Marquis
Marquis

Post #6by tb1024 » 3 Sep 2014, 21:23

Wohlstand wrote:
Kevsoft wrote:Might be good, but I don't agree with Wohlstand. It shouldn't be included in SMBXtended as Samus has a lot of special powers. Also she can shoot which gives her a huge advantage.
Therefore will be created another config pack, where will be a shooting platform games where NPC's will be more stronger and game play will bases on collected weapons and ammunitions instead power-ups like Mario games.
tb1024 wrote:we will be able to change the internal Lua functions to change it to a Sonic/Mega Man engine
Agree with my suggestion? If we do it, we can make a "side-scrolling" shooter config which the functions to get powerups are removed and replaced by "get ammo" functions and the HUD shows how many ammo are left.
Do you want fries with that?
Mal posso esperar para a versão final da engine de Wolhstand!
English Translation
I can't wait for Wohlstand's Engine final version :D

Ironed Sandwich
Passerby
Passerby
Ironed Sandwich
Passerby
Passerby

Post #7by Ironed Sandwich » 1 Dec 2015, 17:02

you can block characters in the World Map file. This provides another advantage anyway, allowing Mega Man or Mega Man-esque games.

I like both ideas, Samus in SMBXTended and a shooter based config, they both have plus points for each other.

Sambo M
Count
Count
Sambo M
Count
Count

Post #8by Sambo » 24 May 2016, 3:59

SMBX is a Mario game. Samus shouldn't be in SMBXextended because her specialized abilities just don't fit in a Mario game. It would make more sense to just add a side-scrolling shooter config that had her in it.
Current Project:

Return to “Engine Development”