Engine/Editor Screenshots Thread

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderator: Moderators

Sambo M
Count
Count
Sambo M
Count
Count

Post #161by Sambo » 28 Nov 2015, 2:56

Wohlstand wrote:Looping musics (without replaying of music entrance part) now is possible!
I can't get it to work. I set LOOPSTART and LOOPEND and it plays the same as it did before.
Does it work in SMBX, or only in PGE?
Current Project:

mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #162by mariofan 64 » 28 Nov 2015, 3:40

Sambo wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:Looping musics (without replaying of music entrance part) now is possible!
I can't get it to work. I set LOOPSTART and LOOPEND and it plays the same as it did before.
Does it work in SMBX, or only in PGE?
Am I reading this right? SMBX does not natively use OGG without proper Luna code being installed. It works for anything using the SDL2_mixer files, so yes, PGE can do it. Use sample positioning when setting labels in the audio, and set the LOOPSTART and LOOPLENGTH sample numbers in the metadata upon export. Use LOOPLENGTH, because it works just about anywhere where it can be effectively used, including PGE and RPG Maker series.
Edit: Be sure that you, in Audacity, to set timeframes as 'samples' and set time to 'length' and finally set labels to find the best beginning/end sequences you like best that sound smooth when playlooping only that middle region, and select that before beginning export. In metadata, the samples should not include things like 002850271, but should really be 2850271. Those numbers are examples, all front 0s should not be in meta.
Current Projects: (Infinite Mario Bros: 0.16%)
(Super-Project Completion: 0.001% Complete. pls don't ask about it)
Youtube Status: MIA

Sambo M
Count
Count
Sambo M
Count
Count

Post #163by Sambo » 30 Nov 2015, 5:55

Am I reading this right? SMBX does not natively use OGG without proper Luna code being installed.
I do have LunaLua. I knew it wouldn't work with vanilla SMBX. But it isn't working in PGE or SMBX.
Use LOOPLENGTH, because it works just about anywhere where it can be effectively used, including PGE and RPG Maker series.
It should work either way, and I don't use RPG Maker, so I don't really need to use LOOPLENGTH.
the samples should not include things like 002850271, but should really be 2850271. Those numbers are examples, all front 0s should not be in meta.
I didn't write any front 0s in the meta.
Current Project:

mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #164by mariofan 64 » 30 Nov 2015, 19:11

Sambo wrote:
Use LOOPLENGTH, because it works just about anywhere where it can be effectively used, including PGE and RPG Maker series.
It should work either way, and I don't use RPG Maker, so I don't really need to use LOOPLENGTH.
Could you try, at least? Both programs uses the same files, so all the steps are the same, too. I used the same method for 30+ musics, and the next step is to loop all the OGGs in the configs so Wohlstand won't have to.

Sambo M
Count
Count
Sambo M
Count
Count

Post #165by Sambo » 5 Dec 2015, 0:14

I tried that, still with no success. What am I doing wrong here?
Here is the metadata:
metadata.PNG
metadata.PNG (11.6 KiB) Viewed 449 times

Edit: Removed the processed with SoX thing. It didn't have any effect.
Current Project:

mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #166by mariofan 64 » 5 Dec 2015, 6:25

Sambo wrote:I tried that, still with no success. What am I doing wrong here?
Here is the metadata:
metadata.PNG

Exporting the audio directly from Audacity without using sox (unless you want a single mass conversion) should work, and the tags are correct with or without comments...It could very well be something with the SDL2 files, because the meta tags are correct. Be sure that you should try to play it in PGE. If it works there, but not SMBX, then talk to Kevsoft, as he knows more about LUA than I do.
If it doesn't work period, whatever is making it not play correctly is out of my hands at this point. Question: Is the LOOPLENGTH the sample position at the point where you want the music to loop back to, or is that the length of the entire song or past the end of the music? I did a test, and if there isn't enough samples past the end of the looplength sample number, it won't loop at all. It's very important about how close to the end the looplength samples are. Maybe adding silence to the end will fix it, i.e. 0.2 seconds of audio/silence added AFTER the end? It worked for the few times I needed it, and when it worked, I stuck with the method and created hype for myself since.
A final solution is to send the original file to me, and I'll send it back completed for you. No credit needed, and I will test it in both programs I use that uses the OGG, to make sure it has success. (Side note: if you do send it to me, that will give me an excuse to loop other items i should have looped as well. Win-win at that point :) )

Wohlstand M
Topic author, Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #167by Wohlstand » 5 Dec 2015, 15:23

Sambo wrote:I tried that, still with no success. What am I doing wrong here?
Here is the metadata:
metadata.PNG

Are you kept even one sample AFTER loop? You should keep even one sample after loop: please add short silence to end and retry it
P.S. Mariofan 64 told than those OGG-files are will be playd with loop ONLY in PGE, in LunaLUA-SMBX (LOOPLENGTH and LOOPEND are both works) and in RPG-Maker (LOOPLENGTH works but LOOPEND is not supported)

Sambo M
Count
Count
Sambo M
Count
Count

Post #168by Sambo » 5 Dec 2015, 22:38

Are you kept even one sample AFTER loop? You should keep even one sample after loop: please add short silence to end and retry it
I cut out most of the music that wouldn't play with the loop, but I left at least 1000 samples after the place where the loop ends. Does there need to be silence at the end for it to work?
P.S. Mariofan 64 told than those OGG-files are will be playd with loop ONLY in PGE, in LunaLUA-SMBX (LOOPLENGTH and LOOPEND are both works) and in RPG-Maker (LOOPLENGTH works but LOOPEND is not supported)
So I can't have looping musics in LunaLua-SMBX at all? Or do you mean that LOOPLENGTH and LOOPEND should BOTH work? The language you used is a bit unclear.
Current Project:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #169by Wohlstand » 6 Dec 2015, 0:10

Sambo wrote:I cut out most of the music that wouldn't play with the loop, but I left at least 1000 samples after the place where the loop ends. Does there need to be silence at the end for it to work?
Value of those samples is no matter, the thing is after loop end must be even one sample

Sambo wrote:So I can't have looping musics in LunaLua-SMBX at all? Or do you mean that LOOPLENGTH and LOOPEND should BOTH work? The language you used is a bit unclear.
WILL work, because LunaLUA-SMBX uses same audio engine with PGE,
LOOPLENGTH or LOOPEND - you must ose ONE of those variants, however most of cases we are using LOOPEND

Sambo M
Count
Count
Sambo M
Count
Count

Post #170by Sambo » 7 Dec 2015, 5:24

Value of those samples is no matter, the thing is after loop end must be even one sample
What do you mean by "even one sample?" Do you mean EXACTLY one sample or AT LEAST one sample? Let me just send you the file to look at. Maybe then you can help me figure out the problem better.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37052080/Pokemon-%20Mystery%20Dungeon%20Explorers%20of%20Sky-%20Apple%20Woods-%20Music.ogg
Current Project:

mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #171by mariofan 64 » 7 Dec 2015, 11:42

Sambo wrote:
What do you mean by "even one sample?" Do you mean EXACTLY one sample or AT LEAST one sample? Let me just send you the file to look at. Maybe then you can help me figure out the problem better.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/37052080/Pokemon-%20Mystery%20Dungeon%20Explorers%20of%20Sky-%20Apple%20Woods-%20Music.ogg
I downloaded it, and I fixed it up. It works for me in both programs I used, and was sealed-dealed in PGE, as it loops. I also got it more accurate in the sample numbers as well, so if you listened to it in Audacity or other program on a loop, there isn't as much choppy sound. I'll send a new download in PM. Technically, the theme you're using doesn't even need LOOPSTART and LOOPEND/LOOPLENGTH. You could've just cut the beginning silence and as close to the beginning of the theme again, and it can loop well that way. I do it too to save filesize, so don't feel guilty of not doing a loop if you can cut it and be smooth about it. I didn't improve the volume or any other changes, so it's still the same, and since it worked on my end, it should work on yours. If it doesn't, redownload PGE components.
Also, what Wohlstand meant, 'even one sample' is him trying to say is to keep at least 1 sample after the place where you want it to loop, but you can have more. There's no shame to leave a couple thousand after the loop, I assure you.

mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
mariofan 64
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen

Post #172by mariofan 64 » 11 Dec 2015, 0:37

Updated the HUB, today, though. Any better than before?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #173by Wohlstand » 22 Mar 2016, 1:30

PGE Engine: WIP features of upcoming 0.2.5.1-alpha
phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox31RezF-uw

Original Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ox31RezF-uw

lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke
lighthouse64 M
Duke
Duke

Post #174by lighthouse64 » 30 Mar 2016, 12:42

Wow this is really cool! I can't wait to see the shooting pipes and all the powerups.
Player of hedgewars!!! :)
And hi... it's me from smbx
Currently bug testing for Mac :apple: And Windows :windows:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #175by Wohlstand » 30 Mar 2016, 15:40

Another video:
PGE Engine v 0.2.5.1-alpha: Experimental fireball shooting
phpBB [youtube]

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__1VpJk0Coc

Original link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__1VpJk0Coc

Testing of a random level to test experimental fireball shooting feature (Currently works independent to powerup state and has no delay limit between shoots yet), implemented since onKeyPressed player script API event has been implemented. (To switch character use 7 and 8 keys, and to switch power-up state use 9 and 0 keys).

Level from "2k15 Summer Takeover" episode: http://www.supermariobrosx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=11068
Official PGE Project site: http://wohlsoft.ru/PGE/

Sambo M
Count
Count
Sambo M
Count
Count

Post #176by Sambo » 6 Apr 2016, 6:51

Nice. The physics look like they're pretty close to SMBX now. And I like the text box for typing in cheat codes.
Current Project:

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #177by Wohlstand » 4 May 2016, 14:02

Small P-Switch implementation in PGE-LUA
phpBB [youtube]

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNsQNzB5Ho

Original link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CdNsQNzB5Ho

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #178by Wohlstand » 7 May 2016, 21:16

First test of graphics API (Made to be compatible with LunaLUA API):

Alucard
Our friend
Our friend
Alucard
Our friend
Our friend

Post #179by Alucard » 7 May 2016, 22:08

Will it be possible to have Mode-7 styled secial effects (scaling and rotating real-time) in PGE?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #180by Wohlstand » 7 May 2016, 23:25

Alucard wrote:Will it be possible to have Mode-7 styled secial effects (scaling and rotating real-time) in PGE?
Yes!

Return to “Engine Development”