GFX Expansion Problem

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderator: Moderators

LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #1by LuigiCraft » 4 Dec 2016, 3:18

Where I can use the GFX Expansion System on PGE? That's my question... :(
My English is bad, if you read on my post something that disturb anybody like you, don't consider this message serious, tell yourself that I probably wrote it wrong... My main occupation in my life is not being a SMBX creator like (maybe) everybody on this forum, but being a guy who makes YouTube content, that's why i'm not that active on my development activities. DO NOT follow me if you want to know everything about my progress on my work in SMBX.

My Twitter ▪️ @luigicraft7777
My Tumblr ▪️ LuigiCraftJournal
Discord Server ▪️ LuigiCraftDiscord
Group Steam ▪️ Trio Parfait / LuigiCraftGroup

My Actuel Project ▪️ Newer Super Mario Bros. X

I Support :

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 4 Dec 2016, 4:22

What do you mean?
- Custom graphics? Just same as with SMBX and LunaLUA-SMBX
- Add more elements? Edit configs/<config pack>/*.ini to change number of elements and then in the "items" folder you will find set of INI files per every element. Copypaste one of them into new ID and change properties as needed. Note: customized config pack will be shown at you, but to deploy for people you must also deploy customized config pack
- Draw extra stuff? PGE Engine currently lacks user level scripts, but you able to modify global level script of config pack. Be careful, is not same as LunaLUA and partially not documented or you need look for documentation into PGE Engine's source code. But if you making level for LunaLUA-SMBX, you are able use lunadll.lua / luna.lua script in the level custom folder to deal with custom rendering stuff.

LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #3by LuigiCraft » 4 Dec 2016, 8:16

I'm talking about these option. NPC/Block/Background Code Editor, GFX Expansion Option. I take these screenshots on the SMBX level editor. You see the blue HUD on the actuel two editor screen? These are the GFX Expansion HUD. And the last screenshot is the NPC Code Editor.

Capture.PNG
Capture (3).PNG
Capture (2).PNG
My English is bad, if you read on my post something that disturb anybody like you, don't consider this message serious, tell yourself that I probably wrote it wrong... My main occupation in my life is not being a SMBX creator like (maybe) everybody on this forum, but being a guy who makes YouTube content, that's why i'm not that active on my development activities. DO NOT follow me if you want to know everything about my progress on my work in SMBX.

I Support :

Mushroom King
Duke
Duke
Mushroom King
Duke
Duke

Post #4by Mushroom King » 4 Dec 2016, 12:53

I think PGE don't have a GFX expansion system.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #5by Wohlstand » 4 Dec 2016, 14:13

Oh, this!
I wasn't implemented it yet, but also is a plan to add a palletes system: I.e. you can have a single image (usually painted in grey or other colors) and a set of palletes (a table of colors to replace on the source image) to apply it to individual NPC or to object of other type. This is not hard to implement, but it will work only with the LVLX/WLDX formats (and GFX expansion with 38A formats).

At nearest time I will be busy with huge internal reorganizing (to improve performance and stability) which may take a lot of time, and this things will be implemented after I will finish reorganizing.

LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #6by LuigiCraft » 11 Dec 2016, 4:52

I wonder when this 3 functions will be implemented on PGE? :blush:

I Support :

Return to “Engine Development”