My personnal point of view of PGE

Description: General discussion regarding the current engine development.
Moderator: Moderators

LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #1by LuigiCraft » 27 Sep 2016, 2:06

PGE looks great but... I prefer to use SMBX Editor because he has some things I love like...

• Modify and play at the same time, exemple you erase the block where Mario put his foots.
  • An interface easy to use and text which guide me what I want to put on my level
  • If I can know if my levels has custom graphics, because when I load a level with custom gfx, it doesn't appear on the interface
  • And I'm very confused how to use it

I don't tell this software is bad, on the contrary but not for beginner like me. When I download the software the first time, I've seen a lot of button on my disposition and I was like :SOS:. Maybe someone can help me how to use the software because I want to give a chance but I don't understand how to make a level with that software.

WARNING : My English is not the best so... if you read somethings that can hurt you feelings, this is my fault. I do not want war.
My English is bad, if you read on my post something that disturb anybody like you, don't consider this message serious, tell yourself that I probably wrote it wrong... My main occupation in my life is not being a SMBX creator like (maybe) everybody on this forum, but being a guy who makes YouTube content, that's why i'm not that active on my development activities. DO NOT follow me if you want to know everything about my progress on my work in SMBX.

My Twitter ▪️ @luigicraft7777
My Tumblr ▪️ LuigiCraftJournal
Discord Server ▪️ LuigiCraftDiscord
Group Steam ▪️ Trio Parfait / LuigiCraftGroup

My Actuel Project ▪️ Newer Super Mario Bros. X

I Support :

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Website Skype YouTube

Post #2by Wohlstand » 27 Sep 2016, 2:53

LuigiCraft7777 wrote:Modify and play at the same time, exemple you erase the block where Mario put his foots.
That WIP, but you can place elements from editor into engine
LuigiCraft7777 wrote:An interface easy to use and text which guide me what I want to put on my level
Pop-up hints when you hover mouse to toolbar icons? Suggesting you to read them ;-)
LuigiCraft7777 wrote:If I can know if my levels has custom graphics, because when I load a level with custom gfx, it doesn't appear on the interface
You seems have outdated version (try to download latest where I fixed some wired bugs with non-appearable custom graphics in some item sets where that must appear), but when you just-made level and saved it or modified custom graphics in the folder, you must press F8 to process loading of custom graphics. That WASN'T doing every saving to don't lag saving process itself.
LuigiCraft7777 wrote:And I'm very confused how to use it
Try "Help" -> "SMBX-like GUI", any "new" is confusable for non-skilled users, so, just don't worry and try make a full level from scratch youself ;-)

PGE Editor itself allows a lot of things, you just need to use right mouse button for context menu, use middle mouse button to do various tricks with elements (select single item, then press middle mouse button to quickly toggle placing of it), via same context menu you can resize sizable blocks without actual grabbing of them away from scene, etc. Customizable tilesets and position bookmarks are also can improve your life ;-)

Suggesting you read this table http://wohlsoft.ru/pgewiki/Editors_comparison

LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis
LuigiCraft M
Topic author, Marquis
Marquis

Post #3by LuigiCraft » 27 Sep 2016, 4:39

Oh... Let me try download the recent version and try it again (omg I can't believe I got the wrong version). Anyway let me check on the PGE Website and edit one of my level, and I have one last question. Is PGE compatible with SMBX 1.4.X?
My English is bad, if you read on my post something that disturb anybody like you, don't consider this message serious, tell yourself that I probably wrote it wrong... My main occupation in my life is not being a SMBX creator like (maybe) everybody on this forum, but being a guy who makes YouTube content, that's why i'm not that active on my development activities. DO NOT follow me if you want to know everything about my progress on my work in SMBX.

My Twitter ▪️ @luigicraft7777
My Tumblr ▪️ LuigiCraftJournal
Discord Server ▪️ LuigiCraftDiscord
Group Steam ▪️ Trio Parfait / LuigiCraftGroup

My Actuel Project ▪️ Newer Super Mario Bros. X

I Support :

Yoshi021 M
Yoshi021 M

Post #4by Yoshi021 » 27 Sep 2016, 4:45

LuigiCraft7777 wrote: Is PGE compatible with SMBX 1.4.X?
Right now it partially is, but in the future, it will be fully compatible with SMBX 38A.
Links
ImageImageImage
"Going to University is FUN!" :pardon:

Return to “Engine Development”