New experimental update of the engine part - 0.2.3.0!
- Now it's not a child toy, real live! that means, playable character will get hurt (each level you have 3 HP, with no repair yet) when it contacts with dangerous surfaces or enemies, and no more can whip everything. However I'v made debug sub-system where you able to press "~" key and type a special command - cheat code. You will be able to: fly up, whip evrything, to be a god! (P.S> don't worry if player will get hurt from wrong side of horizontal SMB3-spikes, that mine mistake in a config file which I will apply globally later)
- NPC's are talkable now, so, "talk" event is working.
- Experimental support of slopes! Player now able walk on slopes correctly, BUT how I warned, it's experimental: player can't slide on them, to jump player should be faced slope-up or be idle while faced to slope-down.
- Engine has controllable VSync! If you has a good video, you will have smooth and fast animation. If you has no installed drivers or you are has bad video card, you will be able to play games/levels on PGE Engine without VSync, but you need to configure "time of tick" yourself to get best view/performance for your screen! Note: if VSync is enabled, time of tick calculating automatically from your actulal monitor refresh rate. If you wanna faster screen, feel free to open control panel and change frequency of your monitor to maximal available rate. (most popular 60 hz but modern monitors are able to have 75 or even 80 hz and faster!).Changelog 0.2.3.0
Also the configuration packages are has some updates:
- - Text Input dialog box has been completely implemented
- Cheating features are been moved into cheat environment and can be used only after typing of special commands by "~" key clicking
- Playable character can be harmed by dangerouse surfaces and will die in lava
- Experimental support of slopes
- Player can talk with NPC's
- better work of collisions, but some things are still experimental
- better V-Sync control
- All Piranha plants now are has 16x16 grid size unlike SMBX where most of piranha plants are had 32x32 grid size!
- Working SMB1-elevators!
- A2XT config pack has got update of music and some graphics stuff since SAJewers's update of dev-kit!Editor's version is same, but it has minor updates:
- in the Image Export dialogs has been added "2x", "1x" and "0.5x" auto-size buttons which will help you to quickly use 1/2 of screenshot size or make wide screenshot of a small area, etc.
- Level editor has context menu in the empty area! So, you can press right mouse button in the empty space and you will be able to quickly open section settings box or level properties box too. If you has a with, I will proxy most of level editing menus to this context menu to make usage of them more convenient
- Fixed a bug of the LVLX writer which causes losing of "onActivated" event trigger field value on file savingAll download links on the main post or on the mainpage are has updated PGE components!
You also can use online installer to retrieve all PGE components in one run (PGE core and config packs)