Ideas & Suggestions for future versions of PGE

Description: Report bugs and ask questions regarding PGE here.
Forum rules: Here you can ask any question related to PGE Project components:


Any questions related to LunaLUA project please ask HERE (LunaLUA subsection)
Any questions related to SMBX-38A (1.4.x) Chinese project please ask HERE (SMBX-38A subsection)
Moderator: Moderators

What do you think of these suggestions?

They are perfect addition for this Engine.
32
Wohlstand, CaptainSwag101, John Leagsdurg, IngeniousPlatformer, Squishy Rex, Veudekato, the_end_of_WORLD, ImperatoreXx, CreatorForce, sky2, DatDude, Love Bodhi, hacheipe399, Fennor, Sambo, itskadenhere, Yoshimoto, Tux-Prowess, Pilzinsel64, Yoshi021, Jayce 777, Bonnies, Caketaco, KesterTank, TheCreator520, Stickman01, Jackson455, Glitchy, LuigiCraft, Greendan, the GaMERDoG, P3rf3ctXZer0
68%
They are not bad, could think of some others.
13
nexiana, Natsu, h2643, EXEcutor-The-Bat, Alucard, Josh16, ellingtonisland, lighthouse64, Saronin, Edward Elric, SamuelNM2, Sammzy, Coolio__
28%
I disagree with some of them (specify).
2
tb1024, Infobox
4%
I don't like them at all (specify).
0
No votes
 
Total voters: 47
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #341by Wohlstand » 6 Apr 2016, 16:12

Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:I would say it needs a way to change blocksize like in smbx-38A.
Are you mean setting absolute value sizes?
Okay, I'll add a mini-dialog from context menu of resizing box where you can modify absolute geometry of block (and even section or screenshot zone selection box) (X/Y/Width/Height).
Or better: Item properties box will have editable Width/Height fields on already-placed block (in-placing disallows pre-defined sizes because new block will be drawn with dynamical size definition (from rectangle drawn by you) )

I mea like this:
Image
Current laboratory version already has this (implemented by me recently):
absolute-size-values.png

But note: those fields are appears when you opening properties of already placed block(s), while you placing new, those fields are useless, because is a rectangle-draw placing mode. BUT, this feature allows you to set absolute size to multiple sizable blocks (currently are absolute values only. All sizable blocks in selection group are will take same width/height, and I think, I would to make a "relative" checkbox to move sides (left, top, right, bottom) of every block to specific offset value).

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #342by Pilzinsel64 » 6 Apr 2016, 17:25

Wohlstand wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Wohlstand wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:I would say it needs a way to change blocksize like in smbx-38A.
Are you mean setting absolute value sizes?
Okay, I'll add a mini-dialog from context menu of resizing box where you can modify absolute geometry of block (and even section or screenshot zone selection box) (X/Y/Width/Height).
Or better: Item properties box will have editable Width/Height fields on already-placed block (in-placing disallows pre-defined sizes because new block will be drawn with dynamical size definition (from rectangle drawn by you) )

I mea like this:
Image
Current laboratory version already has this (implemented by me recently):
absolute-size-values.png

But note: those fields are appears when you opening properties of already placed block(s), while you placing new, those fields are useless, because is a rectangle-draw placing mode. BUT, this feature allows you to set absolute size to multiple sizable blocks (currently are absolute values only. All sizable blocks in selection group are will take same width/height, and I think, I would to make a "relative" checkbox to move sides (left, top, right, bottom) of every block to specific offset value).

I downloaded it three minutes ago and there is nothing to resize:
Image

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #343by Wohlstand » 6 Apr 2016, 18:58

Those blocks are not sizable, therefore their sizes are automatically mapped from sprite metrics. Therefore you not need to set size for non-sizable blocks manually, PGE Editor doing that automatically ;-) Size fields are appears for sizable only blocks.
Anyway, note for sizes of sizable blocks: I don't recommend you to set non-multiple 32 size values, because SMBX 1.3 shows a spaces between left and top borders, because algorithm has imperfection and lacks support of non-multiple 32 sizes. PGE Editor and PGE Engine are perfectly supports non-multiple 32 sizable blocks.

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #344by Pilzinsel64 » 6 Apr 2016, 19:42

But i need to resize this blocks. Because this texture is from a tileset of an nsmbw hack (because this textures are better locking and are bigger) and sometimes i need only a part of the texture instand of the whole texture.

As example ...

PGE:
Image

SMBX-38A:
Image

...

All what i need is this, if it's possible to inclued it in the PGE-Editor. I play my levels on SMBX-38A and not in the PGE-Engine.:
Image

And i don't mean this to resize sizeable blocks:
Image

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #345by Wohlstand » 6 Apr 2016, 23:10

So, you want to crop size of bigger texture without reserving another blocks for a "smaller" versions. I understood you and I think, I even allow expanding (to don't flood with ton of blocks while is possible to use one which will will be render texture in tiled mode). So, instead of size values, I'll make a "Custom size" flag which will force this block to be sizable. Then you can toggle "resize", then you can define any metric for your block like it's a sizable block. By default, size of the non-sizable blocks will be mapped form default/custom sprites with height divided to frames number. But if you want to force a block to be a sizable, I'll add a special flag for that. SO, I agree that ability to force some blocks has specific size is useful.
Thoughts aloud
Anyway, for cases when you accidentally saved SMBX 1.3 specific level in SMBX 1.3 and when you lost fine size parameters, I'll add a tweak to reset sizes of all blocks (all blocks except true-sizable on the section, selection or on entire level are will be mapped from their custom or default sprites and "custom size" flag will be reseted). And conversion from SMBX file formats into LVLX (map "Custom size" flag for cases, when image metrics is not equal to size values from the the file, but that will be done in the level scene building process, in the data structure all blocks are will have "custom size" until scene builder (in the editor) detected that sprite metrics are equal to size values from file. LVLX will don't keep size values from non-sizable blocks).

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #346by Pilzinsel64 » 7 Apr 2016, 16:41

Okay, realy thanks, Wohlstand! :)

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #347by Pilzinsel64 » 17 Apr 2016, 17:55

Whats about an Save-File-Editor?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #348by Wohlstand » 17 Apr 2016, 18:12

Pilzinsel64 wrote:Whats about an Save-File-Editor?
Are you mean editing of raw data? (or build a tree from data in the file to edit that manually)
EDIT: Oh, Save-Game file editing is not included, because how h2643 told below, to avoid cheating against game save files, however you still use SMBX64-SAV specification and notepad (to do your evil works :devil:)

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Reputation: 82
Posts: 327
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Ukraine
Skype YouTube VK

Post #349by h2643 » 17 Apr 2016, 18:12

Well, technically you can view save file statistics in PGE Editor, but I think it's not possible to edit it there just to prevent cheating (although you still can use notepad to do that).
Wohlstand wrote:Are you mean editing of raw data?
He probably meant these sav files.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #350by Pilzinsel64 » 17 Apr 2016, 21:20

h2643 wrote:Well, technically you can view save file statistics in PGE Editor, but I think it's not possible to edit it there just to prevent cheating (although you still can use notepad to do that).
Wohlstand wrote:Are you mean editing of raw data?
He probably meant these sav files.

I mean the *.sav-Files. But i would like to edit a smbx-66 .sav-file. But there text is crypted.

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Reputation: 82
Posts: 327
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Ukraine
Skype YouTube VK

Post #351by h2643 » 17 Apr 2016, 22:44

Yeah, it uses completely different file formats just like the level and world files...
<Knux> h2643 the super computer

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #352by Pilzinsel64 » 17 Apr 2016, 22:48

Pilzinsel64 wrote:
h2643 wrote:Well, technically you can view save file statistics in PGE Editor, but I think it's not possible to edit it there just to prevent cheating (although you still can use notepad to do that).
Wohlstand wrote:Are you mean editing of raw data?
He probably meant these sav files.

I mean the *.sav-Files. But i would like to edit a smbx-66 .sav-file. But there text is crypted.
EDIT:
... And the PGE-Editor can decrypt this file format, and i need to know how to de-/encrypt the fileformat.

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #353by Wohlstand » 17 Apr 2016, 23:13

Pilzinsel64 wrote:
Pilzinsel64 wrote:
h2643 wrote:Well, technically you can view save file statistics in PGE Editor, but I think it's not possible to edit it there just to prevent cheating (although you still can use notepad to do that).
Wohlstand wrote:Are you mean editing of raw data?
He probably meant these sav files.

I mean the *.sav-Files. But i would like to edit a smbx-66 .sav-file. But there text is crypted.
EDIT:
... And the PGE-Editor can decrypt this file format, and i need to know how to de-/encrypt the fileformat.
Only SMBX64 format, SMBX-38a's game save format wasn't documented (5438A38A gave me specifications only for his LVL, WLD and WLS files [WLS contains global variables, global scripts and some episode settings include sound customization (similar to sound.ini, but for entire episode only)])

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #354by Pilzinsel64 » 18 Apr 2016, 15:14

Wohlstand wrote:Only SMBX64 format, SMBX-38a's game save format wasn't documented (5438A38A gave me specifications only for his LVL, WLD and WLS files [WLS contains global variables, global scripts and some episode settings include sound customization (similar to sound.ini, but for entire episode only)])

And why i can open save-files of smbx-38a in pge (i'm using nightly builds)?

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #355by Wohlstand » 18 Apr 2016, 17:23

You still open SMBX 1.3 sav file, if you trying to open really 38A-SAV file, you will get this:
Image

Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Pilzinsel64
Count
Count
Reputation: 28
Posts: 219
Joined: 24 Jan 2016

Post #356by Pilzinsel64 » 18 Apr 2016, 18:48

Wohlstand wrote:You still open SMBX 1.3 sav file, if you trying to open really 38A-SAV ilfe, you will get this:
Image
Today ... :cry: but the last 10 times in the last three weeks it worked. But today ... it won't work ...

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #357by Wohlstand » 18 Apr 2016, 19:00

I think, here are some binary data under base64, therefore I need to research something in hex editor afted decoding to hack SMBX-38A sav file

4matsy M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Avatar
4matsy M
Honourable citizen
Honourable citizen
Age: 36
Reputation: 10
Posts: 43
Joined: 11 Jul 2014
Skype

Post #358by 4matsy » 19 Apr 2016, 18:22

Something for the SMBX Extended pack:
I edited together some new mushroom blocks. :3
Image
Then I recolored them a lot. :D
Image
:D

Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Avatar
Wohlstand M
Lead Developer
Lead Developer
Age: 25
Reputation: 321
Posts: 1302
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Moscow, Russia
Website Skype YouTube

Post #359by Wohlstand » 19 Apr 2016, 19:15

So, is possible to make all of them as ribbon of frames and then in LUA-script on first initialization set one of those frames randomly (at initialization [since level started or NPC just spawned/transformed from other], on activation since NPC appears on player's vision), even I can try to make a small test with that (but when I'll come to home)

h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
h2643 M
Contributor
Contributor
Reputation: 82
Posts: 327
Joined: 15 Feb 2014
Location: Ukraine
Skype YouTube VK

Post #360by h2643 » 19 Apr 2016, 20:02

As a fan of SMB2's graphics I must say that looks amazing :) They'd fit in the actual game for sure.
<Knux> h2643 the super computer


Return to “Troubleshooting”

Who is online (over the past 5 minutes)

Users browsing this forum: 2 guests