The free and open source game engine and devkit for it
The modern and cross-platform port of the SMBX fan game, free and open source
Moondust Project v0.4.3.2-beta has been released!
The future is near
During the very long development process, various factors made us decide to publish a beta release before the next stable version. All components have been improved and somewhat reworked. The Editor significantly enhanced support for TheXTech's engine. The Player Calibrator got a fully redesigned UI and got a bunch of new functions including mouse interactions, non-modal windows, and an experimental small functionality of a graphical editor that can be used in the sprite editing mode. The Music Player got a fully reworked reverb functionality, more testing features, and introduced the SPC echo effect and the functionality that can be used to create and export setup for the Sound FX module of TheXTech.
The nearest stable version of the Moondust Kit promises to be a checkpoint between the past and the future: we keep a plan to majorly re-construct the whole codebase to get rid of many mistakes done in the past, as they impose a serious limit on scalability.
Posted 11/22/2022 08:21 by
TheXTech v1.3.6: LunaDLL scripts, better controller support, etc.
We worked on this update long and hard, and now we're ready to present a bunch of new features and fixes!
Note 1: To make use of TheXTech's full potential while designing new levels, the special Moondust Devkit configuration package is recommended (the latest laboratory Moondust Devkit is required until the next stable devkit version 0.4.3.1/0.4.4 release).
Note 2: In order to gain access to all the new features, you should upgrade your assets package. Old ones will remain functional but do not contain the additions needed for features like new sound effects, the built-in editor, additional meta-signs, etc.
Note 3: Some options of the compat.ini file were renamed in order to get rid of references to proprietary content. We highly recommend renaming these fields at your episodes as soon as possible. (Details at the wiki)
See details: https://github.com/Wohlstand/TheXTech/releases/tag/v1.3.6
All details and downloads are on the project page!
Posted 09/12/2022 11:13 by
Development news of Moondust Project and TheXTech
Since the last post, there is a lot of stuff that has been developed at both the Moondust Project and TheXTech.
- The next stable release of the Moondust Project will be released as soon as the tasks list will be completed. After this release, the major rewrite work is planned to begin after this release.
- The upcoming stable update of TheXTech 1.3.6 will be released without multi-resolution support yet as this update still needs more testing and polishing, and will come with the next version after the 1.3.6 release, and, possibly, the versioning system will be changed to make it follow the general versioning rules.
(Please see the full version of the post to see details)
Posted 07/31/2022 07:50 by
TheXTech v1.3.5 has been released!
This is another bigger update with a dozen of important changes.
- This version features the first mobile version of the game developed for the Android platform!
- The gamepads support has been upgraded and exchanged, now it supports the hot re-plugging and auto-mapping for the gamepads and joysticks. Also, here you will be able to use both D-Pad and the left analog stick to control the movement of a playable character.
- In addition, there are other vanilla bugs that have been fixed such as the mortal bug that kills Link riding the Clown Car gets touched by the vine.
- To address compatibility issues with some levels the ability to restore the old behavior of checkpoints has been added into compat.ini. The Speedrun modes 2 and 3 will also restore the old checkpoints behavior back.
- The macOS version of the game now has the universal build that will run well on both x86_64 and the arm64 architectures (Thanks to kode54 for the guidance on how to make it).
- Here you can copy and delete game saves from the game menu directly!
And many other fixes and additions...
Read more details here: https://github.com/Wohlstand/TheXTech/releases/tag/v1.3.5
EDIT 2th of June 2021: The Version 188.8.131.52 small update has been released: https://github.com/Wohlstand/TheXTech/releases/tag/v184.108.40.206
All details and downloads on the project page!
Posted 05/05/2021 01:47 by
Moondust/PGE Project v0.4.3 has been released!
Happy holidays everyone!
Following the beta release in February, this is a more stable snapshot release.
This release can be thought of as an edge between the past and the future: Following this release I plan to place full focus on Moondust/PGE's Engine development. I'm sure that the experience we've gained while developing the X-Tech project will come in handy a lot from here on.
Posted 12/25/2020 06:31 by
Official Moondust Discord server for PGE Project is open!
Posted 10/13/2020 11:04 by
[Completed] Maintenance 2020-03-29
Tomorrow (for a March 29th, 2020) a big maintenance work is planned. That means the site, forum, wiki, additional sites at subdomains, will offline.
March 30th, 2020, All works have been completed, all systems are operational.
Posted 03/28/2020 11:42 by
Meet TheXTech: a full working C++ port of SMBX engine
Did you see that I have done little work in my public repositories during February and at the start of March? So, I did a lot of work which I am going to present for you all: it's a full C++ port of the original SMBX engine which now works on multiple platforms (tested on Linux, Windows and macOS), and it does accurately represent original gameplay with the rest of features and bugs!
(To get downloads and see details, open a full post)
Posted 03/14/2020 03:29 by
Platformer Game Engine Project v0.4.3 Beta
After more than a year of development, it's time to release a new stable snapshot! The reason these have not happened as often is that I've had to deal with time and energy constraints. However, it's finally time to release a new snapshot and continue towards major progress for this project.
Regarding PGE Engine development, the recent release of the source code of a game that was one of the inspirations for me beginning this project means I now have a better source of knowledge that will greatly benefit me with engine development. In other words, after the release of this snapshot, some difficult development work for the PGE Engine is upcoming.
Downloads here: https://github.com/WohlSoft/PGE-Project/releases/tag/v0.4.3-dev
Posted 02/20/2020 08:48 by